What other brands/manufacturers should join Vision GT?

• Thread starter GBalao888
  • 169 comments
I love the idea of the Vision Gran Turismo cars in GT6. What it does is that it further defines Gran Turismo as a racing game for car enthusiasts, by car enthusiasts. For the VGT project, around 25 cars makers and design houses initially agreed to be part of it. Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Toyota, Aston Martin, Hyundai, SRT, Daihatsu, Bertone, Zagato, the list goes on. Even Alpine has utilized the VGT project to help revive itself, with its upcoming VGT car. Unsurprisingly, Nissan joined in on the fray, and much to the dismay of the masses, Alfa Romeo backed out of it. My question now is, if ever PD would allow more marques to join in on the VGT project in GT6, or if PD decides to continue the VGT project onwards onto GT7, which marques would you want to see?

Personally, I would love to see Pininfarina and Koenigsegg join in on the fray. I'm honestly looking forward to whatever creations they can come up with. And I really hope Alfa Romeo comes back. They have some pretty interesting sketches and it would be a waste to not continue on them.

Last edited:
Starting with the obvious choices, I think everyone would agree wanting a Ferrari Vision GT.

In fact, although not a GT, could use their concept F1.

01_Ferrari_Concept_F1.jpg

02_Ferrari_Concept_F1.jpg

http://f1concept.ferrari.com/

Like the idea of this thread ;). Here's some of mine.

1. RUF
  2. Mclaren
  3. Shelby
  4. Lotus
  5. Jaguar
  6. Koenigsegg
  7. Land rover
  8. I'd also like to see the gran turismo team make their very own vgt.

Starting with the obvious choices, I think everyone would agree wanting a Ferrari Vision GT.

In fact, although not a GT, could use their concept F1.

01_Ferrari_Concept_F1.jpg

02_Ferrari_Concept_F1.jpg

http://f1concept.ferrari.com/

Ferrari could go hand-in-hand with Pininfarina to design a VGT car, but then again, the LaFerrari was made without Pininfarina's help. Oh yeah, I'd love to add one more into the companies I'm looking forward to. Porsche. If ever they decided to no longer continue their contract with EA and finally collaborate with PD to bring Precision German Engineering into the world of Gran Turismo.

Tuners.

God knows what kind of monsters Amuse and HKS could be pulling out of their sleeves :P

But as far as normal carmakers go, I'd be down to see Vector come back like Chaparral did, and TVR. A TVR VGT would be a heck of a way to resurrect the brand~

Skunk Works.

I would love to see the people behind the SR-71 make a race car.

Any number of Chinese automakers. I'm genuinely interested in the visions of a new and booming automotive industry.

They will only pick one of current VGT cars and slightly change the grill.:lol:

1: Honda
2: RUF
3: Vauxhall/Opel or w/e.
4: Lotus
5: TVR
6: Ferrari
7: Bugatti
8: Pagani
And so on, I could list like 10 more.

Skunk Works.

I would love to see the people behind the SR-71 make a race car.

They will only pick one of current VGT cars and slightly change the grill.:lol:

or this:

1. Take AT LEAST 2 VGT Cars
2. Take them apart into segments
3. Splice the segments they want altogether
4. ???
5. Profit!!

Apple. Yes they've got a car coming out.

I don't know what it would look like but I can guarantee you would come in one sweet box.

Last edited:
......Personally a Kia VGT sounds good - their design boss Peter Schreyer has a keen eye. Surely he would let loose a fine looking thing. Also, it could serve as an intro for the brand to GT series.
Other than that, I'd love to see a Fiat VGT - not that I hate 'em, but kinda slightly getting tired of all 550+ pp VGT with massive aeros. What about something little dinky and sub 450pp?

1. Daniel Simon (see The Timeless Racer and weep with joy)
  2. Syd Mead (His futuristic visions are god like, so that'd be cool to see)
  3. Jaguar (Just imagine it)
  4. BAC (New company, would be great to see what they can do)
  5. Ariel (Again. Imagine it!)
  6. Morgan (retrofuturistic batmobile for All)
  7. Noble (proper old school futurism. great)
  8. Gumpert (Do I need to explain?)
  9. Pagani (Art and aerodynamics in a batcrap crazy car. No further reasoning.)
  10. Bentley (I want a modern look on their prewar Le Mans racers so badly)
  11. Lancia (To see what they would be making if Fiat didn't treat them like an idiot cousin)
  12. Spark-Renault (See how Formula E could progress)
  13. Williams (Why not I ask)
  14. McLaren (I want a P1 Le Mans style racer and I want it yesterday)
  15. Ferrari (Finish off the big 3 of F1 I guess. Nothing more.)
  16. Gordon Murray (his genius needs it's own car.)
  17. Drayson racing (I want an all electric Mazda LM55 rival)
  18. Citroën (A rally car of the future. Why, indeed, not?"
  19. Saab (Aerospace influences for a futuristic racer from the mad Swedes excites me in grown up ways)
  20. Ascari (what happened to them? We need them. Pronto)

Back