What previous GT content do you want in GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter SabreMK42
  • 59 comments
  • 3,644 views
Messages
51
Messages
SabreMK42
For me, I really miss the *edit* Seattle track, any car that could build up any decent kind of speed could make that infamous hill section huge fun, I would also want to see the ralliart back from the original GT, yes I'm not old enough to appreciate the first game in the serious but I remember my brothers playing, haha a 1500bhp Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo of course, what do you wish was in GT5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzyYxxpvyaw - Watching this review of GT4 gave me goose bumps
 
Last edited:
The abaility to have A B C tuning settings. That was a great feature, for example you have a Subaru rally car. A is set for off road, B is set for a technical course such as Monaco and C is set for a high speed course such as Le Mans. Great feature and a step backwards by not including it.
 
B-spec from GT4. I want all of that original B-spec stuff. It was great and easy for me to use and some of the features that I loved (I use the live timing screen) aren't even in it.
 
Agree with that one too. Must admit though, i can't recall a San Fransisco track or a Koenigsegg in any of the previous GT games?
 
For me all the tracks from GT3 and GT4
Specially Swiss alps, Apricot hill, El Capitan, Midfield raceway and manny manny more
 
Agree with that one too. Must admit though, i can't recall a San Fransisco track or a Koenigsegg in any of the previous GT games?

sorry put the wrong car in, you know when your thinking about something and you put in it instead of what you meant to write by accident
 
I want the Espace F1 from GT2(or 3?)

That was a nice looking car with an F1 engine...

:drool::drool::drool:
 
I want the Espace F1 from GT2(or 3?)

That was a nice looking car with an F1 engine...

:drool::drool::drool:

OMG yes I remember that car, possible the best people carrier ever haha
 
I want the Espace F1 from GT2(or 3?)

That was a nice looking car with an F1 engine...

:drool::drool::drool:

Yep GT2. I loved that car.
 
to be honest, id like GT4 with the graphics, photomode, racing modications and aero parts that they gave us in GT5,

THATS how much i feel GT5 has stepped back.
 
Drag strip and the old data logger are the only 2 things I have really missed.
 
I want the huge oval back, and the ability to transfer cars the GT5P, like you could do with GT4P to GT4. And no level system for B-spec(I quite like the A-spec level system, though)!
 
I think you mean Seattle, not San Francisco. I'd like the Cerbera LM back from GT1/GT2. Also the ABC settings mentioned above.
 
I think you mean Seattle, not San Francisco. I'd like the Cerbera LM back from GT1/GT2. Also the ABC settings mentioned above.

I stand corrected, thanks for that, ha I've been calling that track San Francisco for all these years, no wonder people have no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned it
 
Motegi is #1 on my list (at least the Speedway for NASCAR works). I would love to have El Capitan and SS11.

I also would like back the ability to re-win SOME (not all) of the prizes, at least if we have to keep grinding we could earn some cash from re-running the Ferrari race tons of times.
 
I miss the events where you could win a car over and over again in gt4. One race on that coastal track(i can't remember the name) was 3 laps forward and 3 reverse for a total race time of 7 minutes+. You were awarded the toyota rally raid car which you could then sell for over 700,000. That's 100,000 a minute!

Remember in gt3 while driving in practice mode you could pause the game and access car tuning? Now you have to go through so many load screens. What a great idea to be discarded. I also miss the cool music from 3 and 4. GT5 just doesn't have the same quality of music. :)
 
I miss the events where you could win a car over and over again in gt4. One race on that coastal track(i can't remember the name) was 3 laps forward and 3 reverse for a total race time of 7 minutes+. You were awarded the toyota rally raid car which you could then sell for over 700,000. That's 100,000 a minute!

Costa Di Amalfi (sp) was the track in question.
 
Just about every single idea here is great. Makes you wonder then, when a game such as this is evolving why so many backward steps? I was gutted when i found out Motegi was no more and that tuning settings had gone. Does make you wonder why so many of the previous games most loved features have been totaly ignored.
 
I miss the events where you could win a car over and over again in gt4. One race on that coastal track(i can't remember the name) was 3 laps forward and 3 reverse for a total race time of 7 minutes+. You were awarded the toyota rally raid car which you could then sell for over 700,000. That's 100,000 a minute!

Remember in gt3 while driving in practice mode you could pause the game and access car tuning? Now you have to go through so many load screens. What a great idea to be discarded. I also miss the cool music from 3 and 4. GT5 just doesn't have the same quality of music. :)

That should be incorporated in the pits I recon, have pits a bit like F1 2010
 
Many of my wishes have been mentioned already, so I'd only like to add the movie-like replay of GT4, which really brought tears to my eyes - so beautiful
 
A huge carrer mode with a large variety of different races like in GT3 and GT4.
 
- cars
i'd like to see pretty much all of the cars that were in the previous games (would really like to drive the Mitsubishi GTO LM again as well, amongst others)

- tracks:

infineon raceway
special stage route 11
el capitan
seattle
grindelwald
new york

(plus loads more i have forgotten the names of, like the rally tracks from GT2 etc)

- the auto event synthesisor thingy that was in the original game (IIRC) as an unlockable after the game had been completed (it was meant to provide more of a challenge, but fell short of this, by quite a margin)... but way more challenging! (not 'Fiat 500 vs FGT' challenging though, /facepalm)

- the world map main menu screen (GT4 style)

- manufacturer events (GT4 style) to lengthen the career mode

- individual manufacturer BGMs (as in GT1) - the nissan tune rocks, and honda's too

edit:

- the quick select menu icons that were positioned on the side of the screen in GT1 (in GT5: to quickly get from the garage to GT Auto, from the race screen to the Licence centre, from photo mode to lobby mode, from the garage to the tuning shop etc etc)
 
Last edited:
Tracks like midway, apricot hill, Seattle
 
I agree with all of these. I have to admit after playing the previous gran turismo's to this. It's comparing a juicy apple to a rotten core. Gran turismo 5 is amazing and I love playing it. It just needs a bit more.

My thoughts towards sequels is that you always add more content and never change or remove any. It seems very few game developers go this way.

Gran turismo 4 was the best all around gt game to me. And if it were in 1080p with seasonal events. It would be perfect. They need to start incorporating the things we miss and not so much things that we could do without.
 
I want everything that GT5 is missing that GT4 has. I agree with sirdingo that sequels should add not take away or change content.

PD has pooped the bed with GT5 IMHO. It's amazing that it took them 5 + yrs to ruin a great game.
 
Back