What previous GT content do you want in GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter SabreMK42
  • 59 comments
  • 3,644 views
similar things were said about the grand theft auto series. The PS2 had some awesome titles, GTA Vice City for example. Producing content for the PS2 must have been so much quicker and easier as both GT and GTA had huge games for the final title on the PS2. Now we are on the PS3 the developers have to concentrate so much more effort on graphics, the actual content and depth kind goes by the wayside. Just think how huge GTA San Andreas and GT4 were compared to their PS3 sequels.
 
-The ability to change the wheels on all cars.
-The ability to take all cars to the photo travel.
-Better campaign like in GT3 or GT4.
-Costa Di Amalfi
-Complex string
-Better reward cars
-Better reward car cinema. This one is terrible in GT5. The car just drives forward and you only see the headlights? Terrible. I want the reward to be like in the rest of the GT series with the spinning mystery vehicle that slowly appears. That was THE best part of the GT series and was very rewarding. How could they remove that??!?!!!
 
The ability to change turbo pressure (GT1)
Manufacturer events

Tracks:
Grindelwald
Seattle
Midfield Raceway
 
Test Course.

I wanna see how fast we can take the X1 with a longer straight...
 
Aside from all the tracks.

The license S from GT3. Time trials. Real skill test. Not this S license where the S stands for ****.
 
Aside from all the tracks.

The license S from GT3. Time trials. Real skill test. Not this S license where the S stands for ****.
Yeah; I thought the Super test in this version was... lacking. o_o

Silly me; I thought that we would trying to master Super cars, since we were going for the Super license.
 
Three things in previous GT games that I *really* wish were in GT5:

1) Tracks: Seattle!!!!, Midfield, Infineon, El Capitan, Hong Kong... although Cape Ring and its 4 variants are really very good.

2) Sell *any* car for cash, not just remove it from my garage and get no money

3) Quicker times between menu screens (I thought with the PS3 super power and the high-density Blu-ray discs, data would load much much quicker.)
 
Last edited:
I should add: NASCAR without Infineon is weird, at least THAT track should have been in there. Seeing the stock cars on Grand Valley is a pitiful excuse (should have been Suzuka short at the very least).
 
Have all you guys been voting for all this stuff in the Feedback section? (Next to guides at the top of the page). These very things need more votes!

I would love to see all the cars and tracks again but if forced to choose I would have all of the JGTC cars from GT2 (hopefully with corrected power figures) and I think I would choose the other Japanese tracks to race them on (Motegi, Fuji '90s).
 
Three things in previous GT games that I *really* wish were in GT5:

1) Tracks: Seattle!!!!, Midfield, Infineon, El Capitan, Hong Kong... although Cape Ring and its 4 variants are really very good.

2) Sell *any* car for cash, not just remove it from my garage and get no money

3) Quicker times between menu screens (I thought with the PS3 super power and the high-density Blu-ray discs, data would load much much quicker.)


While I agree with all of the above, I have to disagree with the "Hong Kong" track.. it's nothing like the real thing and the straightaway along the seashore was very poorly made. Just a horrid track to say the least.

I wished we could SAVE during championship and endurance events. gosh.. pd really expects us to sit 24 hour for Le mans? Even the real racers get a break..
 
For me, I really miss the *edit* Seattle track, any car that could build up any decent kind of speed could make that infamous hill section huge fun, I would also want to see the ralliart back from the original GT, yes I'm not old enough to appreciate the first game in the serious but I remember my brothers playing, haha a 1500bhp Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo of course, what do you wish was in GT5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzyYxxpvyaw - Watching this review of GT4 gave me goose bumps

What about everything that was in a GT game and isn't in this one for a reason above human understanding?
 
I wished we could SAVE during championship and endurance events. gosh.. pd really expects us to sit 24 hour for Le mans? Even the real racers get a break..

Absolutely right. Dammit. This is the reason why I have not done the Formula GT championship -- I normally don't have that much time in one chunk. What the french toast was PD thinking? I mean, come on... really?
 
Drag strip and the old data logger are the only 2 things I have really missed.
In particular the Las Vegas Drag Strip and testing track from GT4. Also, the photo mode for the Las Vegas Strip where you can take a pic at any Hotel/Casino, not just 'Fremont street'. I would love to take a pic of my Peugeot 908 Team Oreca in front of the Paris Hotel/Casino and a pic of another cool car in front of the Bellagio 'dancing' water show..

Many great suggestions have been discussed here, I agree with all.
 
I miss the events where you could win a car over and over again in gt4. One race on that coastal track(i can't remember the name) was 3 laps forward and 3 reverse for a total race time of 7 minutes+. You were awarded the toyota rally raid car which you could then sell for over 700,000. That's 100,000 a minute!

Remember in gt3 while driving in practice mode you could pause the game and access car tuning? Now you have to go through so many load screens. What a great idea to be discarded. I also miss the cool music from 3 and 4. GT5 just doesn't have the same quality of music. :)

You know you can add your own custom music in GT5 right? Put it on your Ps3 HDD and then go to the sound menu in GT5
 
For me, I really miss the *edit* Seattle track, any car that could build up any decent kind of speed could make that infamous hill section huge fun, I would also want to see the ralliart back from the original GT, yes I'm not old enough to appreciate the first game in the serious but I remember my brothers playing, haha a 1500bhp Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo of course, what do you wish was in GT5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzyYxxpvyaw - Watching this review of GT4 gave me goose bumps

the one thing that i would like to see is on bpec in gt4 you could fast forward now you cant.
 
1. All events from GT3
2. All missing tracks from GT3/4

I'd be happy with that
 
While there are many things I miss, A-spec points, A-spec events, tracks, etc., the one thing I miss the most is the 1000 mis. series from GT4.
 
I want Red Rock back from GT2, along with the myriad racing mods.

I would also like the qualifying session back from GT1.

I want a used-rim dealer like GT3-4.

and i want the ability to choose between used or new rims for ALL my cars, not just the prems.
 
I think PD may have lost its direction slightly with GT5, we really are missing quite a lot of things especially from GT4 without even thinking about the other versions of the game. We are missing a lot of tracks esdpecially Seattle and Midfield two favourites that have been in pretty much every installment of the game. The inability to have multiple saves for car setups is perhaps one of the biggest omissions from previous games. No different rims on standard cars and extremely limited choices for Premium models. All of this before comparing the massive lack of offline events in GT5 compared to GT4 and the inability to re win cars and sell them to make the grind easier.

GT5 is a really good game and is the game I play the most but it is missing that special feeling that GT4 had where you just kept going back for one more race or one more run in your favourite car on your favourite track. GT4 very rarely left my PS2 over the course of the 5 years between it and GT5, it just seems PD lost the fun and replayability while they were worrying so much about a pretty half baked damage and weather system.

With the ability to patch the game PD still have an opportunity to bring us more content such as things from previous games that we are currently missing. I would pick two things that I would like to see sooner rather than later and these are, the ability to fast forward B-Spec races as well as being able to re-win and sell prize cars. This along with some better rewards for endurance races in both A and B spec would give people the ability to earn credits and purchase the cars that they want without have to sit for hours at a time turning left for 5 or 10 laps at a time on Indy to earn money for expensive cars/upgrades.
 
Brake discs glowing under heavy braking.....
 
Enough events for not having to grind my a** out for buying a 4/5 million car.

In a few words GT4 for PS3, because GT4 had over 500 events(I think, but if not this very close) GT5 has maybe 150, so grind, grind, grind, grind, grind
 
Two cars Forester S/tb '97 (J)
Drive train : 4WD
Aspiration : T
Tuned min : 254hp
Turbo max : 383hp
Mod weight : 2647lb
Race weight : 2539lb
Dirt tire : available
P/W ratio : 6.63


SVX Lsi '95
Drive train : 4WD
Aspiration : N
Tuned min : 244hp
NA max : 383hp
Mod weight : 3176lb
Race weight : 3048lb
Dirt tire : available
P/W ratio : 7.96
 
I must admit guys, there are a few thing that I feel Polyphony have taken a backwards step on.

1. Why can't I change wheels on my STANDARD CARS.... I don't use them so
much because of it. Cars pumping 600bhp with plastic wheel trims on.......... come on!!

2. Wheels off differnent cars in the game.....I had a S14 Silvia with Nismo400R wheels on......... It looked rock hard. Gutted.

3. Where is Grindelwald(GT2), Motegi, Seattle, Test Course, Gymkhana, Driving course.... etc

4. Save at pit stops in A-Spec endurance.

5. In GT1 you could RM pretty much every car. Why not now.

6. VW GOLF MK2..... WTF is going on..... Forza has the best hatch ever made, so why not us.

7. The NCD were split into parts of a city in GT2, it was easy to see and more fun.

8. You could also buy Used cars of a particular brand all of the time. Not having to wait to see it. I just got an old RS6..... I had the game on the first day it came out.

9. DRAG RACING.............Not the most skilled, but still good to see your car launch past your mates and win.

10. I could go on and on..... Please feel free to add more
 
no doubt,tracks with longer straights,and something that shows your max speed achieved.
and more tracks and cars is just a wish :d
 
I would like to have the B-spec like it was. So that you could chose which races you do in B-spec and A-spec. Now I hate it that the races are devided into A-spec and B-spec. I also want the test course back. Also, I would like to have the cars you unlocked in carreer back in arcade mode. I hate it to race with my brother only to see that a lot of cars are missing. Yeah, I know you can favorite the cars and race them, but what if you want to race them stock?
And a last note: fastforward replays would also be nice.

However, I still love this game. But I hope that they will implement most of my content in a future update (and maybe an in-race save).

EDIT: I also miss the capri and the amalfi track. Those were gorgeous!
I must admit guys, there are a few thing that I feel Polyphony have taken a backwards step on.

4. Save at pit stops in A-Spec endurance.

Wait, you could save in endurance races? I don't know because I always let my b-spec driver race the endurance races back in GT4. Those were the days...
 
Last edited:
Back