What Race Events do you want on GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjrciadt
  • 52 comments
  • 2,460 views
24 hours would be very boring. After all, in real life nobody drives 24 hour races. They drive in groups of 3, 8 hours or so each.

I would like to see Le Mans 3 hours, if Le Mans is in. Estoril 70 laps if Estoril is in.

There's no real need to restrict races to group C/GT1/LMP types only. After all, presuming F1 cars aren't in, they will be easily the fastest cars in the game. Then again, if GT4's AI is anything like GT3, you could probably win Le Mans in a Viper RT/10.
 
Complex String Race for the start of every Professional Championship Series. (would not want to skip this race :) )
 
- Rotary engine challenge: Sounds interesting for a Mazda Special Event.

- Minivan challange: I don't like minivans, but maybe just for the beginners.

- Econo car event: Yet another for the novices. Be fun to race the Midget against decent competition for once.

- Pony car challenge: Mustang, Camaro, Shelby GT, and any other "pony" cars outh there.

- Corvette challenge: Boo-ya!

- Pioneers event: So long as it's not on an endurance track or takes any longer than 2 laps.

- Aussie Muscle champ: Holden vs. Tickford, Aussie power!

- German pride: First of all, Mercs are Mercury (Mercedes is "Benz"). Second, I like this idea.

- Group B rally cup: I like.

- British Power: Bonzer.

- Italian stars: Viva Italia!

- Kit car competition: I never knew they were all kits, but okay.

- SS heritage: Cool, can we throw in the Silverado SS?

- Intermediate Sedans: If it's like the SCCA, go for it!

- SUV galore: No repeats of PGR. I did not like their SUV class at all. Blasted Cayenne Turbo.
 
any type of an endurance race on a track that offers both high-speed & technical sections....Nurburgring comes to mind instantly....and is at least 2-3 hours long...as I like long races myself and could even see myself driving for longer then 8 hours IF Le Mans happended to be in the game and if there was an option where you could run the full 24 hour race! :-)
 
i'd like to see some type of touge races (not drifting, mountain racing) on some mountain type roads(i hope they put some in...)

I'd love to see some Pike peak races
 
there has to be some kind of 24hr race that would be so much fun, but it has to be on some long and difficult tracks like the nurb or le mans. what I think they should bring back is hp resrtictions for races to back it more difficult to win a race but we all know that is not coming back because PD has implemented that new point system into the game.
 
El Capitan hopefully gets endurance status too... :D
 
I would love to see le means. spa, and daytona as endurance races, maybe road america. LMP's at those would be fun, but there should also be GT and GTS cars. I would give anything to race a Ferrari 575 or 550 at le mans.

And why arn't there any Viper Competition Coupe's in GT4!!!!!
 
add in luxury sedans (high-end) like the Audi A8L W12, the BMW 760iL, MB S600, VW Phaeton W12, stuff liek that.
 
hellnback
Nurb 1000km AND 24hrs
Le Mans 24hrs
Spa 24hrs
Bathurst 1000km

I know that 'some' of those track may not be in GT4, but that's what I'd like to see...

I know I'm quoting myself but I can't believe I forgot these!!! :dunce:

Hockenheim 1000km (Old 6.8km config)
Monza 1000km

We could have the 'normal' Endurance Series, then in addition we could have a 6-race series "Extreme Endurance", consisting of..
3 x 24hrs events (Nurb', Le Mans, Spa)
3 x 1000km events (Bathurst, Hockenheim, Monza)

:D
 
that enduro series sounds awesome but you would have to be able to save somewhere or you could do that online against other GT fans say get a team of like 3 or 4 good drivers and race till you can not race no more.
 
Here's an idea, have a multiplayer endurance race that never ends! The driver who is the last to get bored or fall asleep wins the race! Brilliant! 💡
 
How about 200 laps of that really short motorworld track that was in gt2 Took around 40 seconds to go round i seem to remember. No point in having ultra powerful car if it doesn`t go round corners.


Jase
 
How about a 2hour race at the Chicagoland Speedway , With only Nascar santioned cars....
 
Well, I'd like to see...

Aussie car championship
JGTC Championship
LM Car Championship
Ford Model T Series
Muscle Car Series
Supercar Championship

Enduros.
2 hours of the 'nords
Trial Mountain 2 hours in race cars.
100 laps of New York
1000km of Fuji
50 Laps of Complex String
 
Hi dudes, here is my first post here :)

Well, as an hardcore motorsport fan, I would be happy with every kind of endurence racing, and particullary Le Mans 24h...(of course, with saving system, for the non-courageous guys :sly: ). My only big complain about the GT serie, is the lack of cars running during the race. I would be pleased with 20, as in TOCA Race Driver 2, or more (let's face real Nurburgring 24h: 200 cars at the start !). That would really improve the challenge, during endurences races.

3 more ideas :)

Targa Florio: 10 lap of a dirty 73km long track running on Sicily. Sadly, the race was cancelled in 1977 (I guess).

Mille Miglia: A 1000 miles race, running in Italy, on roads, from Brescia to Brescia, via Roma. 300km/h on road, in the 1950's...great :) I know, nobody is able to create a 1000 mile track in a video game, but I m only dreaming :dopey:

Magellan Trophy (provisional name, just an idea). A race that makes, for instance a complete round around the world. In GT, a race in witch you have different challenges all over the world...
For instance, start in Paris:
1- 5 Lap race at Paris Opera
2- Paris, Georges V Rally Stage
Now, let's quit France, heading to Germany:
3-Nurburgring Nordschleife: 5 laps
Then,
4-Grindenwald, 3 laps, but alone, only against chronograph...
and so on...
And, let's say, 50 heats of this kind, always of this kind, with addition of the times from the various races.
 
-Rally Cross Championship: rally races with more than one opponent.
-Group "B" Rally: these beasts need a separate category
-family car challenge: they had a big weight disadvantage against the lighter coupes and sportscars, so they need a challange of their own, where they can be competitive.
 
I have personally enjoyed every battle between the Mitsubishi Evolutions and Subaru Impreza.

I would love to see the events placed in various locations and distances , testing the mitsu's latest technology computers against the extremely well balanced chassis of the Impreza's

Over gravel and dirt. on paved roads , or a mixture of both.

We know that the Evo's breaks prevail, allowing it to go much deeper into the corners, but with the awesome power availiable to the WRX Impreza's , they almost always attain a higher corner exiting speed.

spec c vs mr anyone? :) 👍
 
Avenix
I have personally enjoyed every battle between the Mitsubishi Evolutions and Subaru Impreza.

I would love to see the events placed in various locations and distances , testing the mitsu's latest technology computers against the extremely well balanced chassis of the Impreza's

Over gravel and dirt. on paved roads , or a mixture of both.

We know that the Evo's breaks prevail, allowing it to go much deeper into the corners, but with the awesome power availiable to the WRX Impreza's , they almost always attain a higher corner exiting speed.

spec c vs mr anyone? :) 👍


Also my track of choice would have to be Nurb. the elevation changes, sharp corners long corners and straights , would test the various aspects of each. :)

very very sorry for the double post I dont post on forum boards often...
 
They would have to set it up as a series race where there would be dirt tracks and road courses in one series. the only requirement would be dirt tires for the dirt tracks but every other track we can set their car up the way we want
 
Enduros :
99 laps on Nurburgring
300km on Fuji
100km Tsukuba

Races/Championships :
JGTC Championship
F1 Championship
All Star Races
GT500
GT300
 
Back