What should be the next NFS title?

That's what the recent Hot Pursuit was dude...

I mean a remaster. Same tracks, cars, etc.. The C5 Corvette is in HP2, in the remaster make it a C6-C7. Ferrari 360 to, say, the 458 (might be hard to get Ferrari, but just an example.)

Yeah, High Stakes pay to repair thing made me drive much much better. Also Most Wanted 1 was UG3 & Carbon was UG4 since they follow the story of the first two.

Then which one is the city palmont out of. They alternate the cities. Rockport was in one of them.

UG1 = Nameless
UG2 = Bayview
MW = Rockport
Carbon = Palmount

Your guy had legal issues in Palmount & went to the UG1 city to race. Had financial issues there then went to Bayview. He got tired of racing at night & went to Rockport. Then for some reason he decided to go home to Palmount to face his past. That is the Underground series story line.

I would buy a combo remaster of High Stakes, with the tracks of the first four games, and modern day equivalents of each car (unless it was a classic, like a Countach or the Italdesign Scighera).

What I miss most is MCo, originally titled Need for Speed: Motor City.

Now, I know they did NFS:World, but it's lame in comparison.

So, what I'd like to see is a remake of MCo, with all the bells and whistles to customize your ride with, except with the added features of Free Roam & voice chat.

Man, I miss my chopped '66 GTO...

What I miss most is MCo, originally titled Need for Speed: Motor City.

Now, I know they did NFS:World, but it's lame in comparison.

So, what I'd like to see is a remake of MCo, with all the bells and whistles to customize your ride with, except with the added features of Free Roam & voice chat.

Man, I miss my chopped '66 GTO...

MCO's mechanical car customization is still unparalleled compared to almost every other racing game made since, even engine was you were allowed to dabble with almost every part including cams, cranks, cylinder heads, and even what kind of air filter. I think it was sometimes unforgiving, which is why I don't think anyone has attempted anything similar since.

I think it's kind of polarizing what the fans want next, it basically boils down to the newer UG crowd wanting another UG game to the fans of the older first six games who want some sort of remake of those.

I don't know what the next one should be. But I'd like it alot more if they were more like the old ones. The oldest I've played more than a few times is Pro Street, and I enjoy this far more than the new games. The older ones sound even better than Pro Street.

Need for Speed became famous for how much you could customize your cars, and then be the street racing king, outrunning the cops and generally being a force to be reckon with.

But these days, they've moved into a more "sim" style, which just doesn't work for them. The customization aspect is nothing like what it used to be, and the street maniac aspect is gone.

For this sim style to work, they'll have to improve alot of things. But personally I'd be much happier to play more old school Need for Speed games with new cars, better physics, and HD graphics. I'd choose this 1000 times over the "Shift" series and somewhat poor remakes of "Most Wanted" and "Hot Pursuit."

Forza's Horizon makes their recent open world games look like child's play, and games like GT, the regular Forza series, and more hardcore sims such as iRacing make their Shift series seem lacking as well.

But what NFS used to have was so original and special, I wish they'd go back to this. So badly. Especially because I've never even gotten the chance to play these older ones much, but the few times I have, I've loved them like crazy.

The problem started with console porting, when they did HP2.
Everything started going downhill from there as the design goals changed.

Problem is, we the customers supported (and continue to support) their trend of removing all the cool details we want. Ergo, each consecutive release has less bells & whistles and more... well, "smash-up derby" and other such nonsense.

The problem started with console porting, when they did HP2.

HP2 was made by Black Box for the PS2. For Xbox, Gamecube & PC was made by a totally different dev. The versions are similar but VERY different.

I was actually pretty close friends with EA-Cadillac & a couple other people over at EA at the time, and HP2 was indeed a port from console to PC. The development for console was done by Black Box, and EA's own devs in Seattle did the porting. It was, at the time, a grand experiment. Inside info ftw.

Last edited:
I was actually pretty close friends with EA-Cadillac & a couple other people over at EA at the time, and HP2 was indeed a port from console to PC. The development for console was done by Black Box, and EA's own devs in Seattle did the porting. It was, at the time, a grand experiment. Inside info ftw.
I have both PS2 version & PC version. They are diffidently not a port PS2 > other platforms. They are far far FAR too different to be considered a port. Every source can confirm they were made by different devs.
Different versions of the game were produced for each game platform; the Xbox, GameCube and PC versions were developed in EA Seattle, a subsidiary of EA Canada, while the PS2 version was developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, B.C. Canada.

I don't know what the next one should be. But I'd like it alot more if they were more like the old ones. The oldest I've played more than a few times is Pro Street, and I enjoy this far more than the new games. The older ones sound even better than Pro Street.

Need for Speed became famous for how much you could customize your cars, and then be the street racing king, outrunning the cops and generally being a force to be reckon with.

But these days, they've moved into a more "sim" style, which just doesn't work for them. The customization aspect is nothing like what it used to be, and the street maniac aspect is gone.

For this sim style to work, they'll have to improve alot of things. But personally I'd be much happier to play more old school Need for Speed games with new cars, better physics, and HD graphics. I'd choose this 1000 times over the "Shift" series and somewhat poor remakes of "Most Wanted" and "Hot Pursuit."

Forza's Horizon makes their recent open world games look like child's play, and games like GT, the regular Forza series, and more hardcore sims such as iRacing make their Shift series seem lacking as well.

But what NFS used to have was so original and special, I wish they'd go back to this. So badly. Especially because I've never even gotten the chance to play these older ones much, but the few times I have, I've loved them like crazy.

Kin, I think if you played NFS 3:HP or High Stakes, you'd be in for a shock. Customization was, aside from a few upgrades maybe, car and color. What the PSX games have are two-fold, an actual learning curve and an excellent sense of speed. I play Pro street, U2, and MW 2012, and while Criterion has come close, Black Box just missed the target, pedistal, backstop...ok they dropped the ball in my mind. As for learning curve, from last the first two cars are pushovers, but from there on you have to either overpower the guy in front of you, or you have to be in tune with the car and the track, moreso as you make your way up the leaderboard.

OT:I would love to see The Run(s) done properly,but I see a LOT of "remake this" and "return to this", not bad ideas mind, but what about something...renewed. No two cities are exactly alike, right? Well, why have the game in just one city? Or one country? The recently deceased Midnight Club series did this twice I can think of, and Burnout 3, while not freeroaming, jumped from the US to Europe to Asia, and then... GTA:San Andreas. Open admission, while the racing may be fun, change in scenery is nice(AKA Paradise, LA, Rockport, etc. They all got boring.)

Back