What should i buy F1 2010 F1 2011 or F1 2012 ?

• Thread starter Florin85
  • 11 comments
Romania
Arad
Floris85
What should i buy? F1 2010 , F1 2011 or directly F1 2012 for PS3 . Im new in the F1 simracing , any advice is good .

Get F1 2012. It is the latest in the series, so it will have improved driving physics, graphics etc.

Don't assume just because it's the latest it's going to be the best game. A lot of people consider the F1 Championship Edition game from a few years back to be the best one.

Don't have 2010 so can't comment on that one. The main difference you'll notice between 2011 and 2012 is the rear grip. In 2011 you have the blown rear diffuser. Therefore through corners you can get on power quicker, take more curbs and hold tighter fast lines. Do that in 2012 and you'll be facing the wrong way a lot. Couple that with the steering lock in 2012 and once you start spinning you'll not normally be able to catch it.

Having played all 3 on the PS3, I have to say 2012 hands down. Working your way up to the top tier teams is so satasifying, the handling is imo the best out of the 3, not too grippy, nor lack of grip, and you know when you're oversteering, unlike in 2010.

The handling in 2012 is the best out of the 3. The ai in 3 is the best imo as well. They're not robots, but they dont crash themselves every race, it's right in the middle.

Don't have 2010 so can't comment on that one.

I'll field that one, then.

The physics in 2010 were incredibly unforgiving. F1 2011 was a huge step forward in playability.

F1 Championship Edition is still my favorite F1 racing game on the PS3 (assuming you're asking about the PS3 games) but out of the Codemasters games I think 2012 is their best effort by far.

Championship Edition hands down, You won't get anything better than that for the PS3 because CM's F1 games are poorly optimized and they just suck compared to the 360 and PC versions, I actually find it unethical that CM still charge full retail price for inferior versions and I'm not nitpicking, PS3 versions are near unplayable with constant framerate drops, massive input lag and washed out graphics with serious aliasing that makes it almost impossible to see oncoming corners and cars.

F1 2013 is out and it's the same old story all over again.

Back