What to Check Out (and What to Avoid) at the 2018 Canadian International AutoShow

They had that same Mazda display at the Montreal Autoshow a few weeks ago, I must have spent at least half an hour taking in that Cosmo. That example's a bit rough around the edges, but man, what a car.

That example's a bit rough around the edges, but man, what a car.
All the better, as far as I'm concerned. For something of that age, "rough around the edges" tells me it's been enjoyed, and isn't the least bit indicative of neglect.

What caught my eye was that fixed-head Jag, though--I didn't even see it in person and it still had me pitching a tent.

Wow you guys still have a motorshow in Canada? We haven't had one here in Australia for years. I miss being able to walk through an expo centre full of cars and bikes checking out the new metal. It seems like a lifetime ago I did something like that.

I will say, as much as I enjoyed the Canadian Autoshow once again (much better than last year, 70 years of Porsche exhibit was amazing) there was disappointing amount of E-sports and simulator gear... the E-sports section was made up of Xbox and Forza (not a bash, just lack of variety in the largest section) and there was probably 5 actual wheels in the entire... and with 30000 people there, the lines to get on any of them were loooong... I understand that it is a car show, however, its a huge way to get people (especially younger people) interested in these events. I strongly believe that there should be more of a simulator industry present as Canada could be a potentially large market.

Perhaps in the next couple years when I upgrade my gear, I may register a booth and set up my simulator, could be a lucrative way to get people interested in product... whatever it might be...

Back