What to do to EFFECTIVELY report a player?

• Thread starter Werneckluk
  • 96 comments
The only thing they could consider is a Driver rating Z which means they can only race against other trolls. Though I can also see the problem with that... how do you assign such a rating fairly given the huge inconsistencies with penalties in general?
A bit off topic, but reading this triggered a memory I believe of an online RPG PC game back in the mid/late 90s that at one point had an out of control issue with people using a 3rd party program to manipulate various things in the game for an obvious and unbeatable advantage if you were playing legit and rather than banning those people they just isolated those accounts all on one server (or part of it?) so every time they got on they could still play but couldn’t interfere with legit players, they could only mess with other cheaters, which of course wasn’t what they wanted to do. This might have been a temporary measure because ultimately I think they all got banned when they found a way to render that 3rd party program useless and updated their terms letting everyone know if they got caught using anything like it in the future they’d be banned without question.
Anyone else remember this?

A bit off topic, but reading this triggered a memory I believe of an online RPG PC game back in the mid/late 90s that at one point had an out of control issue with people using a 3rd party program to manipulate various things in the game for an obvious and unbeatable advantage if you were playing legit and rather than banning those people they just isolated those accounts all on one server (or part of it?) so every time they got on they could still play but couldn’t interfere with legit players, they could only mess with other cheaters, which of course wasn’t what they wanted to do. This might have been a temporary measure because ultimately I think they all got banned when they found a way to render that 3rd party program useless and updated their terms letting everyone know if they got caught using anything like it in the future they’d be banned without question.
Anyone else remember this?
Very same thing happens in "Fall Guys" and "GTA Online" to my knowledge

An idea I had, although i dunno how it’d be implemented, would be having licenses as a requirement for playing in Sport mode - the higher the level, the higher the licenses needed - and anyone ‘caught’ blatantly cheating by deliberately ramming, or just driving like a madman etc. would have their licenses revoked and they’d have to do them all again before they could get back into Sport mode.

Last edited:
An idea I had, although i dunno how it’d be implemented, would be having licenses as a requirement for playing in Sport mode - the higher the level, the higher the licenses needed - and anyone ‘caught’ blatantly cheating by deliberately ramming, or just driving like a madman etc. would have their licenses revoked and they’d have to do them all again before they could get back into Sport mode.
An A driver can do the licenses with their eyes closed, let alone gold them, B as well. Sure, it would be annoying, but whatever. I think many would quit after having their license revoked, which is exactly what PD does not want.
There is no solution to this, because we are human beings, and human beings suck.

An A driver can do the licenses with their eyes closed, let alone gold them, B as well. Sure, it would be annoying, but whatever. I think many would quit after having their license revoked, which is exactly what PD does not want.
There is no solution to this, because we are human beings, and human beings suck.
I agree.

Technical proficiency doesn't equate to race craft.

I actually thing that DR ratings should be replaced from letters to something more socially representative.

The letters feel like grades not levels. SR can stay as letters as that is a grade, DR isn't reflective of the combined ability merely that you don't finish well. That has nothing to do with ability on its own.

I'm currently B/S and a top 500 time in the world.

So in pure DR times, mine is there. Does that mean I bring all my poles home? Nope. But that's ok, I'm ok with that. I just find it amusing on how ability is rated in the game.

I have platinum on the game, and just short of 4000 online races in GT7 alone.

IMG_9960.png

So definitely have opinions on how PD do ratings and rankings.

If we factor in the 25 years I've played this game I have even more!

I agree.

Technical proficiency doesn't equate to race craft.

I agree also. My idea isn’t meant to turn deliberate rammers into more proficient drivers, it’s meant more as a minor inconvenience that’ll make them think “damn, I wish I hadn’t done that now”, and obviously having to do a few extra driving lessons as ‘punishment’ would be kinda hilarious, but they’ll still be able to recover from it relatively quickly and easily - unlike something like an outright ban from Sport mode.

Last edited:
I agree also. My idea isn’t meant to turn deliberate rammers into more proficient drivers, it’s meant more as a minor inconvenience that’ll make them think “damn, I wish I hadn’t done that now”, and obviously having to do a few extra driving lessons as ‘punishment’ would be kinda hilarious, but they’ll still be able to recover from it relatively quickly and easily - unlike something like an outright ban from Sport mode.
I agree with you but I think in all honesty there are 3 types of drivers.

Those that want to race and just are learning/lack finesse

Those that are race craft conscious regardless of out and out pace.

And then there are those that don't care because it's a game.

I think shaming people in to having to do tests or similar would be a better approach, as more race time build more speed and restraint.

I also think the nature on the daily races format encourages (especially for those that play less and might be still on the learning curve) to try harder than realistically is plausible.

In the lower levels you can tell by driving behaviour and times that they aren't separating AI and humans, they also aren't understanding the principles of going fast.

I think there is a lot of nuance that none of us appreciate but ultimately are on the end of some races.

I'm here, again. Just to say it's a shame that PD removed the ability to report someone's sportsmanship behavior in the lobby.
I've been bullied since 2021 by a "fellow" italian guy I keep seeing in my races almost every week.
He doesn't write any messages, he never replied to anything in private. He just wrecks me and nobody else. He's always A-S.
There is literally nothing I can do about it (other than asking "what's your problem?" in the game chat, to which he never replies of course). This is just poisoning my online experience in Daily B.
I never initiate any wrecking, either when he's ahead or behind me. It's just him every single time.
Update. Another race with him. This time he started right behind me. And when he saw me in the lobby he wrote the first thing ever to me: "no problem"...sarcastically replying to my welcome message "you race clean->I race clean".
Surprise surprise, he pushed me out at the end of the first chicane, then I retaliated, and he ended way back. That's what he deserved.
Yes my SR went down for that but I'm not gonna sit there and keep getting bullied. There's no anger management to solve that.
What I don't understand is how his SR didn't go down despite him crashing into my car door with the front of his car at the exit of the corner.
Again, I'm not the one who starts engaging. Ever. Since 2021. If only he would stop wrecking me, all races would be a little better.
Now I'm forced to not play the game for hours, I could run into him again.

(This is a screenshot from after the race, I scrolled-up to the pre-race messages. He was so angry that he immediately quit without texting anything else.)

Next time I'll just write "what's your problem?" for the 1.000 time....

IMG_20231118_144338~2.jpg

Last edited:
Can you mute a player from comments? If not, you just have to not respond to him. Trolls feed on that.

This is why I only do single player.

A few months ago I was bumped from SR S to SR C in a couple of races by a couple of rabiate madman. In disgust, I didn't play sport mode anymore for a while.
I have returned this week on race B. It is very tough to race clean with SR C even if you try everything to avoid contact.
There are always some players who either really try to ram you off track or who make no effort to avoid contact while passing you. The last group comes in hot into the corner and 'leans' into you to stay on track. And then you have the legitimately challenged, who do not seem to realise that if the car ahead is on the racing line, you have to brake a fraction earlier or you will bump.
Tldr: sport mode is a pain. PD should realise that a decent single player career mode is a must for GT to provide a fair game experience in the absence of an effective penalty system.

Can you mute a player from comments? If not, you just have to not respond to him. Trolls feed on that.

This is why I only do single player.
Yes! I think they added this new option with Spec 2. If not, I was blind before.
But I don't remember if it mutes the player forever or just for that race.

Yes! I think they added this new option with Spec 2. If not, I was blind before.
But I don't remember if it mutes the player forever or just for that race.
Don't have auto messages.

Race for the position that is sensible.

I frequently race with rammers and trouble makers and certain meme drivers.

I'd rather finish 5th than tangle with them.

Just let them through. Mostly they aren't that quick and with the meme driver he likes to back everyone up. Just race for pace and practice, not competition in these events.

I'd rather finish 5th than tangle with them.

Just let them through. Mostly they aren't that quick and with the meme driver he likes to back everyone up. Just race for pace and practice, not competition in these events.
Problem is that this guy is fast and I don't want to end up 16th just to please him every single time. I'm already having trouble staying in A this week.

Problem is that this guy is fast and I don't want to end up 16th just to please him every single time. I'm already having trouble staying in A this week.
Then stay behind them? Finish one place behind them. Its not ideal but its the better option and higher ground.

Then stay behind them? Finish one place behind them. Its not ideal but its the better option and higher ground.
I can't. He brake checks me. He will stop in the middle of the road if he has to. And if I pass him after he stopped he will do anything to wreck me from behind. I told you this guy is the devil with me. He has to ruin every single one of my races.
I have some peace only:
-when I don't encounter him (very rarely)
-when I manage to put him way behind me (also very rarely)
Now his QT is slightly worse than mine and he's always on my back.
This guy doesn't have a life: whenever I race, he's there. Problem is that I can't see from his psn when he's online (to avoid him), that specific info is private. I can see his profile info and followers, so he didn't block me.
His SR is ALWAYS "S" because he only wrecks me. He could get back up in no time. This is the worst part. Nobody will sympathize with me because he's clean with the rest of the players....some even greet him. What the hell.....

I'm his target since GT Sport and I still don't know why. (I'll make the joke myself: because I'm "the chosen one", ba dum tssss)

Maybe you wanna try to talk to him?? Hahaha.
Cause I know I tried. No reply ever.

Last edited:
I can't. He brake checks me. He will stop in the middle of the road if he has to. And if I pass him after he stopped he will do anything to wreck me from behind. I told you this guy is the devil with me. He has to ruin every single one of my races when I'm online. This guy doesn't have a life: whenever I race, he's there. Problem is that I can't see from his psn when he's online (to avoid him), that specific info is private. I can see his profile info and followers, so he didn't block me.
His SR is ALWAYS "S" because he only wrecks me. He could get back up in no time.
As I said he only wrecks me since 2021 and I still don't know why.

Maybe you wanna try to talk to him?? Hahaha.
Cause I know I tried.
I must say though, I'm very impressed that he manages to find you so often in a Sport mode race! This reminds me of a guy that targeted me for a week (also a fellow italian) for some reason that he never explained. I had to drop Sport mode and play by myself in public lobbies for a week or two, and then I never saw him again.

I didn't realize dirty driving was this common, with it happening this much the first reply to this thread of making a video with the dirty players PSN is true but I think for different reasons. I've personally raced against an openly dirty players who has messaged me that he was already "internet famous" before I made a video featuring him. That player clearly wants videos made featuring him and he is far from the only one who goes by any publicity is good publicity. Recently I've been making videos less to expose an individual player (although that will always be part of the purpose) but to document as many dirty moves that go unpunished as possible in hopes (not expectations sadly) that Polyphony Digital and Sony see that the dirty driving problem is only getting worse and they do something about it. Until they do something about it I will continue to post videos of dirty driving going unpunished.

I must say though, I'm very impressed that he manages to find you so often in a Sport mode race! This reminds me of a guy that targeted me for a week (also a fellow italian) for some reason that he never explained. I had to drop Sport mode and play by myself in public lobbies for a week or two, and then I never saw him again.
Lucky you for never seeing him again. I'm thinking about changing my GT7 "nickname", but the PSN ID will still show so he probably knows me by now. Even if I remove my car liveries and my pre-race welcome message, I think he would still see who I am.

I have a stalker....

I didn't realize dirty driving was this common, with it happening this much the first reply to this thread of making a video with the dirty players PSN is true but I think for different reasons. I've personally raced against an openly dirty players who has messaged me that he was already "internet famous" before I made a video featuring him. That player clearly wants videos made featuring him and he is far from the only one who goes by any publicity is good publicity. Recently I've been making videos less to expose an individual player (although that will always be part of the purpose) but to document as many dirty moves that go unpunished as possible in hopes (not expectations sadly) that Polyphony Digital and Sony see that the dirty driving problem is only getting worse and they do something about it. Until they do something about it I will continue to post videos of dirty driving going unpunished.

What is going on and the complete INABILITY to communicate with PD or Sony make me want to buy an Xbox Series X and jump on Forza Motorsport again.
Because Microsoft DOES something against those players.

In Forza 5, 6 and 7 I always saved replays on my account and sent the details to Turn 10 (the email was, or still is, forzafb@microsoft.com) with my gamertag, title of the replay, gamertag of the crashers and a text explaining exactly what happened and at what point of the race. They always, ALWAYS, replied, telling me they took action suspending or even banning the players I reported and telling me I could take the replay down.

At one point in FM7, Turn 10 introduced marshals, or marshalls,...mods racing with everybody else and policing lobbies, looking for crashers, kick them out and report them to Turn 10. This was something very helpful in the history of FM. Unfortunately I think the beta program stopped after a few months because they were trying to introduce penalties and it took them a year or two.
I became friends with one of those mods/marshals (unfortunately I can't remember his gamertag) who was always policing multiplayer A and S lobbies. The funny thing is that these marshals could decide to hide their badge next to their gamertags, so players who didn't know them, didn't know there was a mod in the race.
We were always in the same races and he knew I was a clean driver. He trusted me. So I just had to say in the mic "hey -marshal name-, player X is crashing me", and he immediately kicked the crasher from the race and reported him directly to Turn 10. When many of us had mics in the race it was even easier to spot the crashers and tell the marshal what was going on. Those were the good times.

Last edited:
Lucky you for never seeing him again. I'm thinking about changing my GT7 "nickname", but the PSN ID will still show so he probably knows me by now. Even if I remove my car liveries and my pre-race welcome message, I think he would still see who I am.

I have a stalker....
I'm afraid you also have to change your PSN name, but seeing how dedicated he is, i have my doubts if it will really work or not....

I'm afraid you also have to change your PSN name, but seeing how dedicated he is, i have my doubts if it will really work or not....
Dear God, you're making me paranoid with this 🤣 . I'm actually thinking about changing it though. I have 30 euros on my account but I read the first change is free. I might actually do it ....and also hide it form my GTPlanet profile!

Quote me in the PSN TOS where it says on ramming a player multiple times in one race is a violation of TOS .

I will wait .
I know you're banned, but you're also sad enough to keep coming back and checking this thread.

You thinking that you can ram someone multiple times in a race, and then validate it because you somehow managed to spend FIVE-THOUSAND DOLLARS on stuff to play GT7 of all things, is so unbelievably entitled, selfish, and just reeks of musty old-man arrogance or childish behavior wrought from a lack of discipline. Either one isn't a good look.

You also compare race driving to FPS shooters, where the goal is to eliminate an opponent by shooting them. Is that what racing is to you, hit the guy until they're "eliminated"? Hello complete lack of comprehension. What a pathetic attempt to justify childish behavior.

Thank goodness you're not able to muck this site up any more, but my prayers go out to anyone dealing with your insanity on track.

The only thing I wish you would come back for is to give us the price list on your wacky, expensive, setup, but I think most of us know you're just inflating the price to match your warped and inflated sense of entitlement.

How can you report specific messages?
You need to move the cursor to the chat box in the lobby and then select the specific message.

Again, be careful to not interact. Reporting through the GT7 chat and through the PSN private messages is basically the same thing. A few months ago I got suspend from PSN for (literally) calling someone "a child".

On Xbox it's the opposite. They do absolutely nothing unless there's a written and well spelled insult.

Last edited:
Again, be careful to not interact ... A few months ago I got suspend from PSN for (literally) calling someone "a child".
Not a surprise. Calling anyone any names at all is a slam dunk.

And this thread is another reason PD needs to make a proper offline campaign mode. Why should people pay so much to deliberately not race so they have an experience free from harassment? It is unacceptable, it was unacceptable, it always will be unacceptable.

Too bad there isn't a community out there somewhere where you could collect a bunch of like minded people to race online without all the foolishness. PD should do something about that.

You need to move the cursor to the chat box in the lobby and then select the specific message.

Again, be careful to not interact. Reporting through the GT7 chat and through the PSN private messages is basically the same thing. A few months ago I got suspend from PSN for (literally) calling someone "a child".

On Xbox it's the opposite. They do absolutely nothing unless there's a written and well spelled insult.
Thanks, I tried it the other day and the only option was to mute the person unfortunately.

I meant to report comments that were made on the post race/ pre race from disgruntled people.

I understand what I wrote was confusing and maybe what you said applies to direct messages only.

Last edited:
Back