What Type of Vehicle are You Looking Forward To?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carlover325
  • 73 comments
  • 2,564 views

What Type of Vehicle(s) are You Looking Forward To?

  • Regular Cars

    Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Sports Cars

    Votes: 51 44.3%
  • Muscle Cars

    Votes: 47 40.9%
  • SUVs

    Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Vans

    Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Le Mans Race Cars

    Votes: 42 36.5%
  • Grand Prix Race Cars

    Votes: 21 18.3%

  • Total voters
    115
:) 👍 ...........I got all those pics randomly off the web!......
 
oh yeah! i rode one of the bentz bus for cancun tour. pretty comforting. :)
 
Welcome to "Looking Forward to" thread #157.

I'm looking forward to seeing how bad the muscle cars suck, and their drivers. I'm looking forward to finding someone racing a van online and taunting them by racing them in second gear, or maybe in reverse.
 
When you want to offer cars representing the entire history of (race)cars, there are lots of classic cars that cannot be forgotten. Muscle cars surely have their place, but Americans tend to see themselves as the center of the world and American products as the best EVER. :grumpy:
Muscle cars are impressive indeed . . . until you reach a corner. They are good looking, they offer lots of space, they have a boot to park a small European car in, and most of all they usually produce an unequalled sound.
But when you compare a batch of them, amost every single one of them follows the same principles : really enourmous engines, heavy, poor(ish) brakes, pre-war suspension, . . . :indiff: They mostly aren't innovative.
European cars makers have developed their cars different because European circumstances were (and are) not the same as in the States. American cars just don't fit on our narrow roads and they can't handle all our twists and turns and bumps. European cars had to be smaller and lighter (look at the old MG's, Triumph's,...). Their suspension had to be better to stay on the road (look at the Citroën traction avant, or DS). Fuel economy always was an item in Europe. Conclusion -> Dear Americans, please take a look over the ocean and discover those hidden historical (race)car treasures. 👍
 
I dont think american cars in general are the best ever, however, there have been several that have stood out.

Muscle cars were never meant to take turns or stop. They were purposely bult to go as fast in a straight line as possible. Which, still holds true to this day. There are exception ie: G-machines, Red Line Oil Chevelle, etc. But, most are built to scare the crap out of you in a straight line.

My two best friends have muscle cars (of course im too poor to get one) and there really isnt anything like it. You can never go wrong w/ 4 wheel drums and 450 hp. But this also leads to so many classics getting totaled by phone poles and the such.

Muscle cars are for 3 main things, imo. Looks, sound, straight line speed. All of which make for the perfect weekend cruiser. I'd never want to change that.

Oh, i chose muscle cars. Been missin' them since GT2.
James-
 
Ok, some people don't seem too keen on Muscle cars but I think they have an essential place in the game. While realising they may not be the best handling cars on the road , I'm looking foward to driving each one to its maximum potential.
The replays with all that body roll will look hilerious.
 
Mr P510
Ok, some people don't seem too keen on Muscle cars but I think they have an essential place in the game. While realising they may not be the best handling cars on the road , I'm looking foward to driving each one to its maximum potential.
The replays with all that body roll will look hilerious.


I agree! I still have nice memories of the muscle car race in GT2 that I sometimes entered with a nimble Lotus Elan from the seventies. In the replays the Lotus looked tiny compared to the "boats". :)
The same goes for the classic car races in GT2. Grindlewald with a muscle car was/is also an excercise in careful car control.
 
Muscle cars are great 'n' all, but really, would you choose even the best old-school Mustang over a Ferrari 308GTB for a run on the Nurbering? Didn't think so.
 
FourOfaKind
Man, you know you're a rich little snob when the bus you ride to school is a Mercedes lol

So we must be all rich here in Brazil... 90% of all buses on the streets are powered by Mercedes...

The only difference is that, over here, MB doesn't make the body, only the mechanical and chassis... These images were taken from our main body maker: Marcopolo (check www.marcopolo.com.br - there is an excellent english version of the site).
 

Attachments

  • paradiso-1800-mb.jpg
    paradiso-1800-mb.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 6
  • senior.jpg
    senior.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
  • viale3.jpg
    viale3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Viale_Port.jpg
    Viale_Port.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 6
Back on topic - I'm waiting for Shooting Brakes (the funny way brits use to mention sport wagons).
I think it's great having a 300+ hp car that can also carry the groceries, your bikes and the kids - all at the same time...
 
Are me and Yeti the only one's that are looking forward to Hybrids and Electrics? There's nothing like knowing that you're doing your part for the health of our planet.
 
Any road going production cars and trucks, any year, any make, any class, as long it will fit on the race track.

:)
 
I voted sports cars (as I think it includes supercars) you know like the Saleen S7, eventually Lambos, Ferraris(may I hope) and those kinds of cars you can't afford and that kick ass 👍 .

And also: any Mustang present in the game :dunce:

See ya :sly:
 
I'd say we're all doing our part for the planet by playing a game instead of wasting real fuel on these exploits, but one could argue that the amount of energy we're drawing from power stations negates a real saving. So you should probably just sit there and play with yourself.
 
Back