What was your favorite race car.

• Thread starter DurWinning
  • 47 comments
United States
New Jersey
durWINNING
Noob Saibot 007
So I have been playing Gran Turismo 2 for about a week or so and I already have a nice amount of race cars. So what was your favorite race car. Must be one that can be bought as is or won not a race mod.

My favorite is the 1998 Toyota GT-One because of the paint job and sponsors

Skyline Silhouette and Alfa 155 BTCC car, both insane cars.
👍

For me at least, the Skyline Silhouette was a key to unlocking the game. When I first started the game I was having trouble making much progress. Then I just managed to scrape through and win the '80s Sports Car Cup, where I won this car. Afterwards I was making tons more progress. It's a pretty fun thing to drive too... :lol:

Anybody driven the Taevion FTO? It was front drive, but it really killed. It's so much fun to race the GT-Ones in the Route 5 enduro with that car, so satisfying to kill with that thing. Also, the Unisia Skyline, that thing is great too. It has 700 horsepower, but it handles the power so well, even with stock tires. Those are a couple of my favorite race cars. And has anybody driven a Supra GT? The Denso Supra is FAST, if a bit tricky to drive.

and not race modified regular car, according to OP.

yeah, many great race cars in this game, FTO rules, too! And I was going more for readily available according to OP, but golding licenses for the del sol LM is totally worth it, absolutely my favorite.

and not race modified regular car, according to OP.
But the Speed 12 is won... and it's not exactly a regular car either.

Other than the Speed 12 I love the Del Sol LM, BP Apex Kraft Trueno, Daishin Silvia, GT-ONE, Vauxhall Calibra TC, Alfa 155 TC, Espace F1 and the R390 GT1 '98. :D

Last edited:
Denso Sard Supra & Falken GTR,(GT4) when we didn't have to worry about standard; if wishes came true.. Cockpit view would be sweet

Denso Sard Supra & Falken GTR,(GT4) when we didn't have to worry about standard; if wishes came true.. Cockpit view would be sweet

This the GT2 board dude/tte!

As for me? Hmm... There were a lot of very cool race cars in GT2: '96 Castrol TOM'S Supra, R30 Skyline Sillouhette, The Alfa 156 & Opel Calibra DTM cars, '97-Spec Nissan R390 GT1, Both Toyota GT-ONE's, BP Kraft Trueno (GT300)...

I guess I'll go with the Vector M12 as my favorite car to drive in GT2, though really, there are just too many good cars in the game to really choose one over another.

My fave race car out of GT2 would have to be the Unisia Jecs Skyline... power and control, what more could you ask for? :bowdown:
Completely forgot about this one. Man, the Unisia Jecs was my go to weapon the first couple of time I played through the game all those years ago.[/nostalgia]

Completely forgot about this one. Man, the Unisia Jecs was my go to weapon the first couple of time I played through the game all those years ago.[/nostalgia]

Well said... this car was a weapon, and I used it way too often in my first couple of careers. Honorable mention goes to the black Kure Skyline race car, which was my second most used race car and my pick for the best looking livery.

Have a good one

The Chevrolet Camaro Z28 30th Anniversary Edition.

Hands down. Loved it. Fully tuned, it hauled sooo much a**!

At the moment the Dodge Concept car LM is my fave (I'm pretty sure it counts as a racing car)

Otherwise it would be either the 2wd skyline, the jecs skyline, castrol supra, or another that I can't quite remember right now :\

view;_ylt=A0PDoKjPt5ZQIwwAxGqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n

I have started to like the FTO LM Edition. The car is quick and nimble. It can do some serious damage in most of the events that is eligible to compete in.

Back