What will PD show before the release?

Belgium
Belgium
TGS was really disappointing for a lot of fans. They didn't showed anything exiting.
What announcements do you still expect?

1. Personally i think they will reveal one more location in the game.
  2. They will show the remaining cars in a trailer.
  3. They will show future downloadable content and cars.
  4. Maybe they will announce some extra features that don't make it in the patch but that they will release during patches.

We don't need to know more cars and tracks. We know there are new cars and tracks, they can be explored ourselves. What we need to know about is, you know, the actual game and these two minute trailers don't show us anything with regards to that.

What is the purpose of this thread? You have the GT6 news thread, you have the TGS thread, the Gamescom thread, and then several other threads. It's called a search feature, I realize you may not be well established or traversed here but it doesn't take long to learn and read the AUP.

Well the TGS and Gamescom threads are now about the past, this one seems to be asking about the future. Seems fair to me.

Well the TGS and Gamescom threads are now about the past, this one seems to be asking about the future. Seems fair to me.

We already know (so would the OP) that there is news coming in Australia not too long from now, nothing that we say here can't already be gleaned from current threads that will equally show in future news.

There seems to be a thread before every major event asking what people expect at said event, since there are no further major events before GT5 releases I don't think a general 'what do you expect' thread is so wrong.

True, but since no one here can actually answer the title question, what's the point?

Well the other 'what do you think we'll see at x event' threads are basically just wishlists of what people want to see, this wouldn't be much different.

I expect Kaz to tell us a little more about car customization like he says he would.

Well the other 'what do you think we'll see at x event' threads are basically just wishlists of what people want to see, this wouldn't be much different.

True, but what you've said only solidifies the point made, that another "wishlist/speculation" thread isn't needed.

facepalm.gif

These threads are getting to me.

TGS was really disappointing for a lot of fans. They didn't showed anything exiting. What announcements do you still expect?
Are you sure? It was so boring it was like everything just got up and left.
Anyway, they've got to show off more official gameplay, right? For all the time they claim to have put into it, and all the new advanced technology and business partnerships they've used, they've shown what, three official gameplay videos?

Most probably Bathurst, V8 Supercars, a more complex video showing "more or less" all that will be included in the game like the video for GT5.

Personally I want to see how the rain looks now after all the changes made in the graphics department. And nights.

Course creator, how it works and what is possible.
Night/day and weather and the extent of the implementation.
Livery editor or the lack thereof.
A-spec mode, and what is happening with B-spec. Arcade mode and any other modes as well.
Online, what is available and how it works. Including asynchronous online stuff like leaderboards and ghosting/rivals/autolog type features.
Standard cars and what's different to how they were in GT5.

There's a lot of pretty fundamental stuff that either we assume is the same as GT5, or we just don't know.

We don't need to know more cars and tracks. We know there are new cars and tracks, they can be explored ourselves. What we need to know about is, you know, the actual game and these two minute trailers don't show us anything with regards to that.

Yep. Game play is not the priority it seems. My cynical side says they know graphics and new tracks are enough for most. Cue the guys who always quote sales statistics.

GT5.2 is GT5 Spec 2.

This.

Also, stop moaning arsenal boy... with the things we know now GT6 is probably going to be the biggest leap between two releases that the entire series has seen.

I don't know what else you expect out of a game in its genre, do you want to race on rainbows and shoot rockets out of your car before you can consider it to be true to its title? 💡

P.D should do a final run-down of how the new game's structured, including the new livery editor, revamped course maker, the improved online and the singleplayer progression amongst other bits of new features. Knowing them, they'll just put up a fancy new trailer with more new cars and tracks and call it a day while giving ambigous comments about the Livery editor and leaving the course maker up to our imagination until December 6 (Since they look serious about releasing the game with no delays this time). Or they'll just update the website.

We've seen more than enough gameplay of 6 dumb A.Is vs you on X course.

Last edited:
I agree with sparky. After the crash and burn of the "demo", and a 57 second hill climb clip, I think GT6 will be more of the same, it just might look and feel a bit better.

Too much press is not always a good thing. I am hoping for surprises on day one.

I agree with sparky. After the crash and burn of the "demo", and a 57 second hill climb clip, I think GT6 will be more of the same, it just might look and feel a bit better.

Too much press is not always a good thing. I am hoping for surprises on day one.

I´m looking forward to see your reaction at "PD´s surprises" on day one when you find out that there is no livery editor and the course maker got bigger but it works exactly the same as in GT5...

This is a racing game...we need to know what we are going to get...there is nothing to spoil here since the game has no story mode or character interaction that can spoil you the entire game.

You have cars, tracks and features...we need to know which ones and how they work or are implemented. As simple as that.

Last edited:
I´m looking forward to see your reaction at "PD´s surprises" on day one when you find out that there is no livery editor and the curse maker got bigger but it works exactly the same as in GT5...

This is a racing game...we need to know what we are going to get...there is nothing to spoil here since the game has no story mode or character interaction that can spoil you the entire game.

You have cars, tracks and features...we need to know which ones. As simple as that.
Precisely. We need to know what we're getting aside from cars, tracks, new physics and faster UI. The course maker's still MIA, the Livery Editor is better kept than the Coca-Cola formula, how the entire GT mode works is beyond us, the true scope of Online improvements is still Foggy.

PD has nothing to hide like games with a story like Foxiol said. You can keep part of the new cars secret though.

Last edited:
I´m looking forward to see your reaction at "PD´s surprises" on day one when you find out that there is no livery editor and the course maker got bigger but it works exactly the same as in GT5...

You have cars, tracks and features...we need to know which ones and how they work or are implemented. As simple as that.

What happens if you don't know? Nothing. Ok, you don't pre-order and adopt a wait and see attitude and you only risk losing the pre-order bonuses, which you can acquire anyway after the game is released. Wait till the reviews come out, check in here December 6 onward and make your decision then. What's the big deal?:ouch:

What happens if you don't know? Nothing. Ok, you don't pre-order and adopt a wait and see attitude and you only risk losing the pre-order bonuses, which you can acquire anyway after the game is released. Wait till the reviews come out, check in here December 6 onward and make your decision then. What's the big deal?:ouch:

This. Not like it's hard to do either.

Realistically a few game news people will be playing a pre-release copy of GT6 and once PD removes the embargo we will then see some interesting preview articles with more detailed information about the game. But this will only happen closer to the release date to drive up hype and discussion about the game. Sadly, I doubt GT6 will sell even half as much as GTA 5 did (1 billion in one week!). GT6 will still be a huge cash cow for PD though.

So keep an eye on IGN, Gametrailers, etc for GT6 news and info once the journalist embargo is lifted closer to the release.

Back