What will PD show before the release?

Realistically a few game news people will be playing a pre-release copy of GT6 and once PD removes the embargo we will then see some interesting preview articles with more detailed information about the game. But this will only happen closer to the release date to drive up hype and discussion about the game. Sadly, I doubt GT6 will sell even half as much as GTA 5 did (1 billion in one week!). GT6 will still be a huge cash cow for PD though.

So keep an eye on IGN, Gametrailers, etc for GT6 news and info once the journalist embargo is lifted closer to the release.

$800 Million in one day? Not a chance, GT is not in that league and never was. Over a year, maybe, but that would translate into 11 Million units at full, undiscounted price. It's possible.

$800 Million in one day? Not a chance, GT is not in that league and never was. Over a year, maybe, but that would translate into 11 Million units at full, undiscounted price. It's possible.

He meant to say "1 million in 1 week" which I think is how many copies of GT5 were sold in its first week of release. I think GT6 will sell more (by far) than it would if it was on the PS4, though.

He meant to say "1 million in 1 week" which I think is how many copies of GT5 were sold in its first week of release. I think GT6 will sell more (by far) than it would if it was on the PS4, though.

No, he meant to say "$1Billion in 1 week", which is accurate for GTA5.

This is a racing game...we need to know what we are going to get
Precisely. We need to know what we're getting aside from cars, tracks, new physics and faster UI.
The hardcore group might - might - need to know details about GT6. There are quite a group of naysayers that are definitely not getting GT6 on day one, except many of them might anyway. ;)

But millions of people are going to pounce on GT6 the day of release, and it wouldn't surprise me if there are shortages. So I'm just not believing all the dire warnings from you guys of how PD are running full steam right at an iceberg.

I'll defo get GT6. Not day one due to me not being able to get it easily down here.

I expect to be convinced as to why this is GT6 and not GT5.2
cant promise that that will happen. It's a car game so what can they do? They've already let you know that the entire user interface was going to be different, they already let you know that there will be know cars, and of course you know about the new tracks. So you can call it what you want 5.2, 6.7, 8.9,11.59 it's coming out if you like it or not.

GT 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510
58209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679 :sly:

But millions of people are going to pounce on GT6 the day of release, and it wouldn't surprise me if there are shortages. So I'm just not believing all the dire warnings from you guys of how PD are running full steam right at an iceberg.

But you surely can't think that holding back all this basic information is a good plan? All it can do is convince people that GT6 will be good, and lead to more sales.

Anyone who is on the fence is surely not going to be convinced by no information, and if there are people who are preordering now but then would be put off by more information...then they weren't the sharpest tools in the shed anyway.

This is a racing game...

Should I err on the side of caution and revert back to what GT is at its core, the real driving simulator, which to me indicates far more than just racing. Don't get me wrong Foxiol I am keen to hear what we are going to get also but it's a more rounded game than just racing alone.

cant promise that that will happen. It's a car game so what can they do? They've already let you know that the entire user interface was going to be different, they already let you know that there will be know cars, and of course you know about the new tracks. So you can call it what you want 5.2, 6.7, 8.9,11.59 it's coming out if you like it or not.

An actual car damage model
Livery Editor
Better sounds
Better AI
Better A-spec with plenty more events
Proper online track days and time attack events
Engine swaps and more in depth customization
Auction house
no Trade limit
Better physics for Rallying and point to point stages

I could go on and on

Different doesn't mean better nor does it mean it does what we actually want it to do. A lot of folks are curious if this redesign promotes the playability and longevity of the game or maybe just creates more shiny new menus and images to look at while doing the same stuff as in GT5. Surely you can understand the curiousity to see something that has to be almost ready to pop?

My totally subjective probability estimates:

An actual car damage model - 0%
Livery Editor - 5% (maybe some predefined decals)
Better sounds - 0% (maybe later)
Better AI - 50%
Better A-spec with plenty more events - 20% (attention is on online)
Proper online track days and time attack events - 90%
Engine swaps 0% and more in depth customization 90%
Auction house 0%
no Trade limit ?% (no idea, if they keep it)
Better physics for Rallying and point to point stages 90%

The freaking gameplay. We already knew GT6 would have cars, tracks and a new UI. What we need to know is how the game actually plays, the features, the career, the progression.

Different doesn't mean better nor does it mean it does what we actually want it to do. A lot of folks are curious if this redesign promotes the playability and longevity of the game or maybe just creates more shiny new menus and images to look at while doing the same stuff as in GT5. Surely you can understand the curiousity to see something that has to be almost ready to pop?
We are all aware of GT5's history. It's was basically a skeleton of a game on a new platform at the time. Nobody really knows what the new title will bring. I could go into GT history so that you would know what the series is all about and that's what most fans are counting on the sprit of coming back into the game but, I think I'll stick to what we know.

1) New Adaptive Tessellation
2) Rendering Engine
3) Cars
4) Tracks
5) Roaming
7) Track Building
8)................

It is what it is.. Hate it or love it.

But are we allowed to 'hate it'? Or will we still be lynched by the people that love it?

PS I really don't think Adaptive tessellation or a new rendering engine are going to convince anyone on the fence to buy the game.

Yeah TGS was disappointing. They just said same thing what rest of the world knows in Japan. Nothing new :(

I hope they have some surprises and show more amazing trailers :D

Considering:

GT history;
The game being at 80% ready +/- 2 months away from release;
No TGS news

What I think PD will show, before the release, is a new release date.
I really hope I´m wrong on this but thats my feeling.

Back