What would make you stop grinding?

• Thread starter Revengel
  • 46 comments

What Would Make You Stop Grinding in Gran Turismo 7?

• A weekly replenishment of 50M Credits

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • A Daily Login Bonus of 10M Credits

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • All Items (Cars, Paints, Parts, etc.) are fully unlocked and usable throughout the game

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Nothing Costs Credits; Items are Unlocked by Skill (License, Menu Books, etc.)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • NOTHING! GRINDING IS MY WAY TO ENJOY THE GAME!

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Other (please explain in the comments)

Votes: 26 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The_Revengel
As I’m not a “grinder” I thought I should hear from the “Grind Community” if you will. Is there something that would make you stop “grinding” for credits?

Or, is the practice of “grinding” nothing more than a play style for you?

Based on the complaints aired on these forums I suspect most grinders are not doing so for fun.

The poll choices assume prices remain roughly where they currently are.

Looking to hear from everyone, but especially the “Grind Community.”

I am not a grinder but I chose Other because all I would want is higher payouts.
I know you said you assume prices stay the same but I read that as item prices not prize credits.

I don't grind. I just play. If I have enough credits to buy it, I will.
If I don't then I won't.....

Edit: it would be cool if you kept the paint chips when you buy a vehicle though. I wish they would have brought that back.

Last edited:
Other : consistent rewards across the game according to difficulty of event, not 100k for a 10 lap chili Gr.2 race while another 10 lap Gr.2 easier race brings 10x times more. And I don't want to level everything to the lowest point. A win after 30min of decent level racing with expensive cars should bring 1M in my opinion.

And I wouldn't mind if all paints would be free, I find it very annoying to buy each one by one.

And I'd like more content to be unlocked by skill too. (Which would lock some out of my reach but it'll be motivating)
As a matter of fact we have a bunch of licenses that serve no purpose other than obtaining the license, there should be events locked with a minimum license for every level of license, with a difficulty going up according to the level of the license.

Last edited:
I chose ‘Other’ because I already have every car in the game, multiples of many of them, and all of the engine swaps (again multiples of my favorites) except a few of the newest Chiron swaps that I have absolutely no desire to do at this point. On top of all that I still have around 30M Cr. for future purchases as new content gets added.

I am not a grinder but I chose Other because all I would want is higher payouts.
What would be acceptable payouts to you?
Edit: it would be cool if you kept the paint chips when you buy a vehicle though. I wish they would have brought that back.
That was fun.
Other : consistent rewards across the game according to difficulty of event, not 100k for a 10 lap chili Gr.2 race while another 10 lap Gr.2 easier race brings 10x times more. And I don't want to level everything to the lowest point. A win after 30min of decent level racing with expensive cars should bring 1M in my opinion.
Looking for a level here - what is the line you use to differentiate? The cost of a Carrera GT is far greater than that of a Gr. 3 or Gr. 4 car (multiple times in fact.) Does that mean a 5 lap race at Spa with hypercars should pay more than the same 5 lap race with Gr 4 cars? I just want to make sure I understand here.
As a matter of fact we have a bunch of licenses that serve no purpose other than obtaining the license, there should be events locked with a minimum license for every level of license, with a difficulty going up according to the level of the license.
For the most part we do have that as I recall. Granted I did all the license tests the first weekend (yes, I have a problem) but I thought events were locked behind things like International-B and the like. I know that's how it has been in the past.

If I'm wrong on this, I apologize.

I mean, I'm good. I usually pick a car to fixate on each day. Tune it, and then run it against Quick Races on a bunch of tracks, trying to tune it at a competitive level where I barely win 1st place if I run clean fast laps. With the added weekly credits I really don't need to grind anymore, as it supplements my usually Le Mans grind that I would do a few times a week.

I hit the online races when they're available within a 4 minute time window.

So between all of that, I'm usually always doing something fun.

Looking for a level here - what is the line you use to differentiate? The cost of a Carrera GT is far greater than that of a Gr. 3 or Gr. 4 car (multiple times in fact.) Does that mean a 5 lap race at Spa with hypercars should pay more than the same 5 lap race with Gr 4 cars? I just want to make sure I understand here.
I would rather set the prize accordingly to the difficulty of the event, but if you need a 20M car to partake, it should reflect also on the prize money.
For the most part we do have that as I recall. Granted I did all the license tests the first weekend (yes, I have a problem) but I thought events were locked behind things like International-B and the like. I know that's how it has been in the past.
Not sure how it is now, but IIRC you only need National A license to enter certain events. IB, IA, S and Expert don't unlock any events.

I would rather set the prize accordingly to the difficulty of the event, but if you need a 20M car to partake, it should reflect also on the prize money.
There's no event to this point that requires a 20M car in Gran Turismo 7 single player mode. The historical races accept a bevy of cars, not requiring a 20M one.

For the online events where an expensive car is required, GT7 does provide the rental option.

I stopped grinding after getting every car and engine swap*. My plan was to get every single part for every car but that's kinda futile :D

*I keep around 10Mio around just in case for new cars in updates

There's no event to this point that requires a 20M car in Gran Turismo 7 single player mode. The historical races accept a bevy of cars, not requiring a 20M one.

For the online events where an expensive car is required, GT7 does provide the rental option.
It was an example to illustrate that the value of the car needed to participate to an event should be taken into account.

As for renting, I am sorry but if I find a motivating event, it is the perfect occasion to use one of my cars, or buy one for the event, it allows me to build memories with that particular car.

It was an example to illustrate that the value of the car needed to participate to an event should be taken into account.
Then back to an earlier example: Carrera GT vs. Gr. 4 cars. Should the Porsche race pay more per lap than the Gr. 4 race?

Or is it the minimum cost of a car needed to participate in a race, for example a 1981 911 costs significantly less than the cheapest Gr. 4 car?

I'm trying to understand your logarithm for this calculation. Does it matter if street cars are involved vs. required race cars, as an example?
As for renting, I am sorry but if I find a motivating event, it is the perfect occasion to use one of my cars, or buy one for the event, it allows me to build memories with that particular car.
I totally get that. I try to use a car I own rather than rent it . . . unless I don't own it in a particular color (the Nismo 400R Time Trial is a great example.)

Last edited:
As I’m not a “grinder” I thought I should hear from the “Grind Community” if you will. Is there something that would make you stop “grinding” for credits?

Or, is the practice of “grinding” nothing more than a play style for you?

Based on the complaints aired on these forums I suspect most grinders are not doing so for fun.

The poll choices assume prices remain roughly where they currently are.

Looking to hear from everyone, but especially the “Grind Community.”
I'm not a grinder so just want to tell you why I don't.

And just to be very very very clear I don't care how people play their game or how they buy or race the AI. I have a big view on online behaviour but that is not relevant here.

I don't grind, or I haven't grinded (I didn't know that's what it was) for over a year.

I don't grind because the variety is so poor forces the player to make it fun at any difficulty.

Also what am I really grinding for? Just cars I should be able to reasonably use after time not AI race winning ability.

All that said I race online, don't make custom races and find the sp stuff unrewarding. Not just credits but in race. I like the circuit experiences more and I do them for no credits.

People should be able to attain cars without grinding to the degree you have to, especially with out the fun of GT3/4 where you could keep tuning underdogs for that RSX monstrosity.

Arguably online is now my new grind, but to be honest more fun races that paid balanced amounts for all classes is probably the answer. And lowing the cost of ownership of legends cars.

I've done platinum, and 700 hours now and can't afford the cars in normal game play.

Then back to an earlier example: Carrera GT vs. Gr. 4 cars. Should the Porsche race pay more per lap than the Gr. 4 race?

Or is it the minimum cost of a car needed to participate in a race, for example a 1981 911 costs significantly less than the cheapest Gr. 4 car?

I'm trying to understand your logarithm for this calculation. Does it matter if street cars are involved vs. required race cars, as an example?
Well I did not have setup the multifactor equation that should be used to calculate prizes, but it seems that it is possible to develop one, they already are able to calculate a prize in custom races depending on multiple factors (and may do so in other areas), so I don't see why it could not be generalized to all the content instead of prizes that look random and very different even between similar events.

In the current situations, it feels like they boosted a few events to appease players. Which result in the current situation of grinding ad nauseam the same events if you want some credits. (And that's exactly the opposite of what Kaz said he wanted)

I picked. NOTHING! GRINDING IS MY WAY TO ENJOY THE GAME! 👍

I like the grind in games like GT7 another genre is jrpgs which also have alot of grinding stuff and its what I love and enjoy.
You should try Hades or Diablo 3 as well, they reward the hours. And both great games to play and grind.

When I have all the cars and my bank account is maxed I stop the grind. Just do car testing and custom races. Haven’t been grinding in months.

I don’t grind, eff that nonsense. I let the Script do all the grinding back when it worked, and stopped once I had one of every car. Just racing and the TT’s are enough now, currently have 70m credits, and don’t really have anything left I want.

Last edited:
I had chosen other

A) make winnings/payouts more appropriate for the race for example the WTC700 should be 1,000,000 before CRB, and the other longer races need to be increased .
B) daily marathon tickets should be 1,000,000 or a car of similar value.
c) Daily Login Bonus should be Weekly and only 1,000,000.

Chose other

1. Boredom (that's when I stop grinding and calling it a day/night, even with the AFK controller method)
2. Higher Payouts across the board, particularly the longer races
3. I forgot what game implemented this but you got a bigger bonus for every threshold under the PP limit or suggestion
(Example: Beating a 900PP race with a 800PP car, which I accidentally did with the CLK-GTR at Trial Mountain on Race Hards. Probably could have been easier to use mediums)

Last edited:
Other: improving my driving skills.

I'm a medium player and I used to grind at the beginning but I've almost stopped. Now, I mainly play to improve my driving skills.
I made a choice to prefer spending hours to gain sometimes few tens secs on a single lap rather than grinding millions every day on the same circuit.

I don't have all the cars (479/488) in my garage, I only have Cr. 23.5 millions in cash, and I'm very comfortable with that.
Nowadays, I play mainly on circuit experiences, time trials and daily races.

I usually don't grind for more than an hour because I start to get bored. Normally I switch between Sardegna & LeMans. I usually try out different cars to help with boredom. I do LeMans more than Sardegna but I really love that track so it doesn't bother to do that track. A daily login worth 1 mil would probably cut down some on my grinding but I don't mind the grind

A daily log in bonus with increasing increments per consecutive day of play will help kerb grinding and allows players to play their favorite events (and Custom Races) without having to resort to play the "Big 3" events all the time.

This will fulfill Kaz's premise of avoiding a player to repeat events, and also provide the player the incentive to log in every single day to keep the bonus high.

Also, Seasonal Events that replenish every two weeks with three races having various difficulty levels and reward at least 6 figure credits (plus the aforementioned Daily Log In bonus)

GT5 and GT6 were not total grindfests thanks to that scheme.

Last edited:
Does playing for fun count as grinding?
By definition here somewhere, Grinding is doing something repeatedly just to get some extra stuff/ credits/ bonuses/ cars.
(Regardless if it is fun or not)

Last edited:
i chose the 3rd, all cars are available to play.

BUT, just like irl, if you got something very easily, you wont treasure it. i think i wont be playing the game as much as i do now if you dont have the sense of achievement (in collecting all the cars). and if you want something, work hard for it.

the only thing i want to amend is the lack of high paying races, all tracks must have high pay out races. coz, yes we're stuck on the 4 grinding races.

What would be acceptable payouts to you?
I have not given it a whole lot of though but if they would double all of them then it would take only half as long to earn the same credits. I guess I understand their rationale pricing the winnings based on the race (track, car, length) but at this point, I would take any increase they would give. But I think double would be optimal.

I understand their rationale pricing the winnings based on the race (track, car, length)
except it is not consistent at all between events, there are 3-4 that give much better prizes and the rest is lame in terms of credits (hence why people rinse and repeat the same events since 2 years)

Last edited:
Back