Whatever measures each circuit of gt4p?

• Thread starter furioso
  • 6 comments
It's difficult to do this because you run different lines on each circuit... You could measure the middle line of each circuit's length (This is in real life BTW) and then you could work it out with the time taken.

If you could measure the distance that you travelled in each race and you had the time taken then you could work out average speed...

Unfortunately I don't think that you have these figures in Prologue... maybe in the final version!

C.

If you're wondering how we got that average speed, here's what I did to get the tracklength. I took a small car and kept it at full speed, but in first gear (so very slow). I then drove with the right tires on the right white trackborder. Because I had a fixed speed I could calculate the approximate tracklength from there. I checked this method by comparing my results for Tsukuba with the real thing and had a difference of only a few meters. Most tracks are about 4-4.5 km, if you want the exact numbers you'll have to ask Didi, the moderator at granturismo.de, as I gave them directly to him and didn't even keep a copy. (A bit foolish, I'll admit)

Or even better, you can reverse engineer them from the average speed given in the granturismo.de database ... :D

Back