What's going on?

The_Inquisigtor54
What's up with all the online cheating? Yes I use a slower car, pass me without running into me or sideswiping me. Online play is getting to the point that its beyond ridiculous. Its a game, why cheat? I'm finding far more people who cheat than don't

Yes, this is why I stay away from online gaming unless it's just between friends. Their are far too many cheaters and people that use glitches to get ahead.

If you follow the organized events in the 'racing' thread, you will find some more proper racing. Sure there will still be punters and dirty drivers, but at least you will have a fighting chance to meet clean drivers 👍

What's up with all the online cheating? Yes I use a slower car, pass me without running into me or sideswiping me. Online play is getting to the point that its beyond ridiculous. Its a game, why cheat? I'm finding far more people who cheat than don't

It's the same on games like call of duty too. People will always take the cheapest and easiest option. It's human nature.

Yes, that's why I enjoy beating them SO much more when I do play online. It just crosses my mind how pissed I would be if I resorted to cheating and STILL can't win LOL.

For an example from GT5P there was this kid hitting people off the track any time he could (it was on Suzuka on a warm clear afternoon) he got me twice in the first 4 lap's. The second time I fell pretty far back as I was pushed off at "the spoon" the long sweeper before the long straight. Well I caught back up and passed him by the beginning of lap 9. We were coming up to the first turn and I kept checking behind me, he was drafting, I was scared lol. I turned early to get around that corner (I cut the grass) and he flew past me well off the track. He came in sixth out of seven, I finished second. I didn't care about not getting the win because at least he horribly lost lol. The only person he beat had been sitting off the track since the early part's of the race.

just stay out of the std events, there still punters and what not in the pro events but not nearly as many.

Sad to see this kind of behaviour is still around - but then again, why am I surprised? I didn't go online much after the first few times, just enjoyed the game instead.

Once I found out about the 'S' level and tuning my cars last week though, I hazarded a few races. Maybe I was lucky then, as no dirty players showed up, even on Suzuka East (well, one did try to side-swipe me...but he ended up making a fool of himself.)

Today though they all came out to play - even the faster cars were swiping at me while they passed.

I suppose I'll have to wait until GT5 for clean online races now, as none of my friends play Prologue, except for one in the US who isn't on so often.

Now, tank racing might be a solution!

I raced a lot of daytona road expert and suzuka east beginner. I am amazed by the fact that 95% of the racers were clean...
Am I lucky ?

I dont know but it is very fun when we are not frustrated at the end of a race.

i see alot more clean racers now than when GT5P came out. With the ghoasting and peniltys there not to hard to leave in the dust, but some are pretty good i dont know why they fell they have to result to racing dirty. Im mean realy unless youre michel schumacker(im positive i spelled that wrong) youre not gonna win every race :)

i see alot more clean racers now than when GT5P came out. With the ghoasting and peniltys there not to hard to leave in the dust, but some are pretty good i dont know why they fell they have to result to racing dirty. Im mean realy unless youre michel schumacker(im positive i spelled that wrong) youre not gonna win every race :)

This is true - when I first went online people were up to all sorts of strange things, driving the wrong way round the track for example.

Now, it is a lot better but at Suzuka and Fuji it seems to be pretty much standard practice to shortcut. Pretty annoying but hey, at least I am getting good enough now to get near or on the podium without cheating.

GT5P dosnt track stats so i dont care at all if the only guys infront of me are cheatting. As far as im concerend i won. witch also confuses the heck out of me as to why they cheat. it dosnt track stats, theres no throphys, and money... please GT5P has been out sooo long, i got a F1 of every color, every car, and im still maxed in credits.

Can someone tell me what is up with people drifting around every corner like it's nothing every time I do an online race?

Can someone tell me what is up with people drifting around every corner like it's nothing every time I do an online race?

I'm hazarding a guess and going to say it's from Standard Physics. In the standard physics you can drift and be fast. For example the Ford GT LM car is extremely fast and likes to drift.

Get into the advanced races that use Pro physics. You should be faster than anyone drifting in pro physics. Using the same Ford GT LM car tuned for pro physics you have to drive very differently. To succeed you must brake before the turn, be very smooth, modulate your throttle, and accelerate slowly out of a turn. Otherwise you spin out every time.

The two physics engines are very different which results in very different driving behaviors.

GT5P dosnt track stats so i dont care at all if the only guys infront of me are cheatting. As far as im concerend i won...
Absolutely true. There's no record kept of personal stats to show a percentage of races won or lost; nothing for these idiots to use as boast to the rest of the world - so why do it?

Still, GT5 itself arrives in a few days, so that means friends to race with.

Latest Posts

Back