What's on your wish list for NFS 2022?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 37 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
-More interesting online rulesets (e.g. maximum performance rating or being limited to a certain group of vehicles) so that we can have multiple competitive ecosystems, and not a single meta where one or two cars dominate against everything else.

-Toyota returning, with at least the AE86 and Supra A80 returning from NFS 2015, possibly with the Supra A90 being a newcomer, and maybe other models that've been seen in the NFS series, like the MR2.

-Better UI. Just by looking at some videos of NFS Heat's customization, I really wish parts could be accessed by brand, much like how they were in MW2005.

-Less made-for-game aesthetic parts, more real-world parts - except for the bodykits designed by Khyzyl Saleem. I hope all the cars from Heat that were pre-order bonuses that had bodykits designed by him return, such as the Lancer Evolution X and BMW i8, but also the datamined cars with his bodykits that never made it to Heat. I believe there was a tuned Land Rover Defender 110 among the latter.

-An incentive to have more than one of the same model. Like you could have a certain model that's been tuned for one sort of event, and then another that may be for a different event type. Or maybe they could be for the same type of event, but with different performance rating limits in place. It's a bit like how in Pokemon GO's Go Battle League, you can have two of the same species, with the exact same moves, but one may be for the Great League, and another for the Ultra League, as both leagues have a respective limit on the Combat Points (CP) of the specimens entered. Or how in Gran Turismo 6, you might have multiples of the same model of car to comply with different PP limits.

-Finally, I personally only want Ferrari to bother showing up if we can add some famous aftermarket bodykits to them, like the Liberty Walk kit for the 458. Otherwise, I don't even think Ferrari should bother.

EDIT: I am also hoping the Beck Kustoms F132 returns, as well as the 1932 Ford Coupe with its respective customization options. Then there are the various cars from other NFS titles that appeared in Heat, like the BMW M3 (E46) GTR Race Car originally from MW2005. Perhaps the tuned Polestar 1 from Heat could join this group. And I really hope the Volvo Amazon and Volvo 242 both return, too.

EDIT2: I also forgot to mention that in case you didn't know already, we likely won't know anything about NFS 2022 until about this next May or June, when EA Play is held. I think we're gonna get a new Battlefield title, as well. Before that, we might get some teasers at most, but I bet the title will be revealed at EA Play 2021, as well as there likely being gameplay footage.

EDIT3: Overall, I am hoping we'll get the first NFS game to score above 80 on MetaCritic since MW2012, which was also the last NFS to be developed by Criterion. Yes, I know about the scrapped content, and that MW2012 could've been much more of a true successor to MW2005, but the final version of the game we got still speaks for itself, with a lot of praise from critics. If Criterion can't release a good NFS game once again next year, then I don't know who could.

Last edited:
More game modes will be nice, I would like to have speed trap races return. Cop chases mechanics to be more similar to old Most Wanted '05 will be great, they are much more fun to wreck and mess with.

Also if they are building on Heat content, less duplicate cars and let the variants be parts (example: Diablo SV with Diablo GTR as parts). More parts for the existing cars will be great too, I don't mind seeing more fictional parts.

I'll keep hoping for a return to something like Hot Pursuit 2. Just one game on a modern console, that's all I ask. No open map, no modifying of cars. Just simple, old school blasts through picturesque environments with the occasional police chase. There could even be a selection of pre-modified tuner cars that were iconic from the post-HP2 era, like the M3 GTR from Most Wanted '05; an urban point-to-point or lapped circuit would be a great setting to add for those kinds of cars.

I want a quick race and "My Cars" mode like in the previous games. I'm not a fan of the engine swapping mechanic in Heat, so I'd like to see something like NFS 2015 where all cars, when fully upgraded on its original engine, can compete in the same level.

I'd also like to see cars and customization items from the Black Box series return as well (so it's like a blast from the past with Undergrounds 1 and 2, MW '05, Carbon, Prostreet, Undercover and The Run all in one game). Probably make it the biggest Need For Speed we've seen in a long time. Not to mention, the return of Toyota and popular custom cars from the Black Box games such as the BMW M3 GTR and the Underground R34.

That being said, they should introduce a handling stat besides, speed, acceleration, power and nitrous to determine the overall agility and responsiveness of the vehicle (e.g. a Corvette and even a Nissan 180SX would be substantially more agile than a GT-R or a Lamborghini Aventador, so they will likely have a higher handling stat).

I'd also like weight reduction and chassis upgrades to the cars as well so that we all know we are racing proper-built race cars this time around, and maybe to balance the cars a little more (as we can eventually take more steps to improve a car's handling) so that the Porsche 911 Carrera 2.8 RSR won't be almost too dominant (much like with the case of the Koenigsegg Regera, where in Heat, it's no longer as god-like when it was in Payback, but still remains a very strong car).

I think dynamic time of day should return and have we should have pursuits in a similar vein to the older titles, even going as far as toppling monuments and structures to cause as much destruction to stop any cops on our path.

Last, but not least, are detailed interior views and the ability for all cars to exceed more than 400+km/h when fully upgraded. The cars have been stuck to around 380km/h in the past three games.

we should have pursuits in a similar vein to the older titles, even going as far as toppling monuments and structures to cause as much destruction to stop any cops on our path.

Holy crap, I forgot all about that! That was definitely a fun touch.

Proper post game support along with more ferraris and the works conversion should come back along with cockpit view.

Last edited:
Proper post game support along with more ferraris and the works conversion should come back along with cockpit view.
I don't think cockpit view is needed in a game like NFS. I also don't really want Ferrari unless they're willing to play ball with customization, like with the Liberty Walk kit for the 458.

I don't think cockpit view is needed in a game like NFS. I also don't really want Ferrari unless they're willing to play ball with customization, like with the Liberty Walk kit for the 458.

Customization of Ferrari in NFS Heat was good enough in my opinion. My whish list? Just expand on NFS Heat formula. Bigger map, more races, more gamemodes, more intelligent and deadly Police force and more cars.

Yes it is needed cockpit view was in the first nfs games and its a shame we lost it over time.

Last edited:
Yes it is needed cockpit view was in the first nfs games and its a shame we lost it over time.
The first NFS games also didn’t have modifications and tuning, which are now staples of the series with very rare exceptions. I think NFS has evolved a lot since those first few games, and I just don’t see a cockpit view being necessary in an arcade racing game. I’d say it’s much better in more realistic series like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport but I truly don’t think it’s needed in NFS, barring the Shift sub-series.

I don't think NFS need cockpit views and I rarely use cockpit view but it could be fun to have it with its arcade physics. Interior customisation might be fun too, like the ones in MC:LA and with SHIFT 2 style exaggerated cockpit effect it could be really fun with the arcade physics.

The first NFS games also didn’t have modifications and tuning, which are now staples of the series with very rare exceptions. I think NFS has evolved a lot since those first few games, and I just don’t see a cockpit view being necessary in an arcade racing game. I’d say it’s much better in more realistic series like Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport but I truly don’t think it’s needed in NFS, barring the Shift sub-series.

Nfs high stakes did have modifications remember the upgrade feature.

I don't think they should go back to the classic theme but they should try bring back the cop vs racer PvP from HP2010 and a proper PvP lobby at launch too. A better cop system/AI like in MW2005 will be a good alternative to me, cops in newer NFS are not fun to mess around.

I play a-lot Hot Pursuit Remaster lately, and i would love too see come back of classic "Cops and Races" formula with best exotic cars and great multiplayer like Hot Pursuit. Old days of NFS titles were the best in my opinion.

What he said! No more crappy novels and stuff. A straight racing game without all that fluff.

Last edited:
I play a-lot Hot Pursuit Remaster lately, and i would love too see come back of classic "Cops and Races" formula with best exotic cars and great multiplayer like Hot Pursuit. Old days of NFS titles were the best in my opinion.

Unfortunately we will most likely get a underground or a most wanted game.

Because you know since 2015 these fans have been getting what they want they are still screaming about it.

MW2012 Remaster.

I'd be happy with his. Expand the map. Maybe put the original city in the middle of Seacrest County, so we can have urban core + the usual 4 NFS biomes (desert, forest, mountain, coast) around it for the classic NFS feel. Just add all the cars from recent NFS games to the original roster along with the customization options (though I'm happy with the clean stock look in MW 2012 as well). Make the cops more aggressive. Physics can stay as is.

Oh, and maybe don't call it Most Wanted this time :lol:

Better post-launch support. Heat was never given a chance to see how much more potential content could have been added had Ghost not been dissolved back into Criterion.

Bring back Autosculpt from Carbon and Undercover.

Bring back Autosculpt from Carbon and Undercover.
Personally I don't think this would work well. The kits in those games were low-poly and very flat looking, and I don't think this would translate very well to the level of fidelity the newer games require.

Toyota & Lexus
Agreed. I at least hope the Sprinter Trueno, the Supra (A80), and the 86 return from NFS2015, though that last one could very well get replaced with the GR 86. Meanwhile, I'm also hoping we get the GR Supra (A90), as well as at least one Lexus model, though I'm not sure which one would be good - perhaps the RC F? One of the MR2/MRS models would be great, too, as far as Toyota goes.

Last edited:
Better driving physics nfs heat is still the worst racing game i have ever played when it comes to physics i hate the driving in that game more then i hate pcars 3.

I played forza horizon 5 when it come out and the first thing that hit me was why can the physics of nfs be like this.

Back