What's so great about GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kamdoon
  • 40 comments
  • 2,805 views
Kamdoon
--The courses. Nurburgring. I feel like I have driven it already (no disrespect to those who actually have :)) My cousin and I are actually planning a trip there to drive it because of this game.

Why do you like GT?

I recommend you look into camping at a place (imaginatively) named Camping Am Nürburgring, avoid any meat you don't recognise (it was either turkey, veal or... I don't even want to think about it) and when you're not driving, there's a Lidl in Adenau not far from Breidscheid (spelling may be wrong), which results in beers and a great place to watch cars go by.

Also, I love GT5 because no other game is so much fun AND so educational at the same time. I've learnt a lot about cars thanks to the GT series, which may explain why all my favourite cars are Japanese... GT5 may not be the best of the five (main) releases, but it does bring things to the table that the previous ones didn't; graphics, physics and online racing for example.
 
Because, even though I'm a technician for Mercedes-Benz, I don't make nearly enough to afford my own race car, so I'm teased and taunted all day by SL65's and E63s that belong to other people. I can come home and release that built up irritation with this! Much cheaper than a real race car too! And no traveling expense!
 
Apart from how downright fun it is to drive on this game, there's still a lot.
Remember when "simulation" just meant the car skidded around all over the place? Now, even though it's not perfectly realistic, it's actually possible to do... well... things you could do in real life. :)

Plus, name me one other game on consoles with this many cars and tracks? It's all about the cars and tracks. If you have enough of those you can drive forever regardless of events.


...Oh and this.
because running it in my PS3 keeps my room warm in winter.
 
Negrumir:
Apart from how downright fun it is to drive on this game, there's still a lot.
Remember when "simulation" just meant the car skidded around all over the place? Now, even though it's not perfectly realistic, it's actually possible to do... well... things you could do in real life.

Plus, name me one other game on consoles with this many cars and tracks? It's all about the cars and tracks. If you have enough of those you can drive forever regardless of events.


...Oh and this.
JJ72
because running it in my PS3 keeps my room warm in winter.

well.....................Forza 3, too many events to complete. Loads of cars including Porsche and others not mentioned in GT5 and more tracks including Mugello, Catalunya and many more. Better tuning system, better racing system with limits on events. No long loading times, no waiting for a car to appear in the dark every time you buy one, online trading used cars was better.
 
i heard so many good things from forza... it´s a shame i can´t use my g27 for this game. i´d have bought a xbox + forza already if i could use my wheel there. never will buy a fanatec just for this one game and spend another 300€.. sad :(

i know there´s a converter now. but it costs 80€ and you won´t get proper ffb..
 
I can feel what the car is doing in GT ive never felt that in any other racing game. When in the bumper cam or in car view i swear i can feel what the car is doing. Then i can use that feel to make changes in the suspension and then feel the differance. Every racing game ive ever played feels flat and numb compared to the GT series. Thats why i play.
 
I can feel what the car is doing in GT ive never felt that in any other racing game. When in the bumper cam or in car view i swear i can feel what the car is doing. Then i can use that feel to make changes in the suspension and then feel the differance. Every racing game ive ever played feels flat and numb compared to the GT series. Thats why i play.

this is a good point. I agree.
 
Physics,involvement during driving and the exterior of the premium car's.That's it.
 
Negrumir:
well.....................Forza 3, too many events to complete. Loads of cars including Porsche and others not mentioned in GT5 and more tracks including Mugello, Catalunya and many more. Better tuning system, better racing system with limits on events. No long loading times, no waiting for a car to appear in the dark every time you buy one, online trading used cars was better.

I didn't say feature list. I said cars and tracks.

Yes, Forza 3 has an impressive Track list. Remember, GT5 has the course creator which gives you tons of different layouts. Even if they do look very similar. I like how many rally tracks Forza has as well. :)

Even with DLC, Forza only has a little above 500 cars. Even taking off the majority of duplicates from GT5 you'll still have a larger cars list.

I'm not in GT5 for in cars views (never liked them in any game) or pimping my ride out like Midnight Club (though I'd welcome that any day), I'm in it for the cars. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping on Forza 3. I'm planning on buying it sometime soon actually. I'm just saying even with it's faults, GT5 has a massive load of stuff in it.
 
Back