Whats the first thing you will do in Horizon ?

• Thread starter DurWinning
  • 36 comments
United States
New Jersey
durWINNING
Noob Saibot 007
I was wondering what the good people of ForzaPlanet will do when they buy Forza Horizon. So what will be the first thing you will do.

I am going to save up and buy the Dodge Viper ACR-X

So what will you do

Possibly find the most beautifullest areas of Colorado, and take photos of the scenery or with my cars as if I was on a detour, while working through single player mode. :)

Well, what am I going to do first?

Work till 4:30, then pick up my LCE at GameStop. I'll then drive home (going to be one of the longest trips home, I assume) and install the game. Meanwhile, I'll go get some groceries I'll need over the course of the weekend... I'll have to get my FH fix, as I'll be out of town for the first half of the following week.

Next, I'm going to deal with the introductory stuff. Once that's dealt with, I'll crank up the difficulty to max and see what I can do with the tokens the LCE contains. I'll most likely use it to unlock the map, should that be needed, though. I think I'll try to get my hands on some of the car that take my fancy; the NA Miata, JZA80 Supra, Lancia Delta HF Integrale, Scion FR-S, Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series, Subaru WRX STI, and the Pontiac GTO 'The Judge'.

I'll use those to cruise, explore the map and do some sort of races... And then, I'll probably pass out, because the effect of the caffein from all the engery drinks will wear off eventually :D

I will most likely just play through the story until I can explore the whole map fully. Unless it's already fully open, no sections blocked off (like Driver San Francisco's story mode), from the get go.

But yeah, just play enough to buy a couple cars I really like, and to unlock all areas, and then just drive and explore the map until it becomes familiar enough. That way when it's time to do some story mode races, I'll have a good sense of where I'm actually going.

In whatever car I'm in, I'll cruise around and begin to build a mental map of Colorado before beginning the story/career mode. Then I'll start ogling the cars that I plan on getting, not sure if we purchase cars at a specific location, but wherever they are that will be the next thing on my agenda.

Possibly find the most beautifullest areas of Colorado, and take photos of the scenery or with my cars as if I was on a detour, while working through single player mode. :)

Didn't think about the photo side of the game, there are going to be some truly beautiful photos from the community with the stunning location we have been given :)

Didn't think about the photo side of the game, there are going to be some truly beautiful photos from the community with the stunning location we have been given :)

You said it. It's going to be amazing seeing all those photos of Colorado. I can hardly wait to see them. :D:tup:

Erm... cruise and take pictures. :D

That's if Autovista doesn't play some kind of role in the game, because if it does I'll be spending an unhealthy amount of time in there.

Chalk me up as another who will have to wait; I've got my LCE on pre-order at the Best Buy downtown, but an 8am class followed by work, so I won't even be able to get it until around 5:30. Home by 6-ish... at which point, the girlfriend will get home with her pre-ordered PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Once we decide who gets which TV (mine is the bigger, better Sharp :P), I'll probably load the game up and see what all of the associated bonuses with the LCE provide, as well as my FM3 and FM4 saves (which reminds me - should probably try and build up the FM3 one, just for fun). After receiving whatever bonus cars that may entail, I'll probably push through the story quickly, especially if it involves unlocking parts of the map. I assume it'll provide some cars too, so it'd be helpful to save some credits.

I'll hunt these elusive barn finds down as soon as possible, and I'll be transferring my decals over ASAP too. Assuming the NA Miata and E30 aren't prizes, I'll be buying them first as well, and tuning them up to roughly similar FM4 specs. I'm curious where that will put them in the re-organized rating system, though...

I'll explore specifically how much customization and tuning have changed (hello matte paint), and see how the online is handled, too. Really, it's gonna be a busy day :D

That's if Autovista doesn't play some kind of role in the game, because if it does I'll be spending an unhealthy amount of time in there.
I'm kind of hoping it doesn't make an appearance (I apologize if it's actually been confirmed). Was a great idea in FM4, but I don't think it made it anywhere to the level the developers had kind of hyped it to be.

I'm kind of hoping it doesn't make an appearance (I apologize if it's actually been confirmed). Was a great idea in FM4, but I don't think it made it anywhere to the level the developers had kind of hyped it to be.

That's precisely why I'd want it to be in the game: AV didn't get anywhere near the amount of attention they seemed to suggest it would (I still don't understand why the Porsches weren't included considering they said some were modeled for it) , but with this it could all go swimmingly.

I completely forgot about photo mode :lol:

I'll so be driving around to catch some beautiful, scenic shots. A beautiful, non-raqcing scenery is what I've been missing in FM4... Also, I'll be doing a lot of photo shoots in the dirt and at night.

Oh boy, I'm getting all fuzzy right now :lol:

Take photomode shots of the part of the map that is in the demo, because I know for sure I'll be pining for that whilst playing it.

I will rent it when I get out of work then install the game. After that I will probably just cruise around and explore the map if it lets us do that from the beginnging with no restrictions. Then play a little of the campaign or cruise around with friends. If the demo is really good then I might buy it.

Get into one of my favorite cars as soon as possible and drive. We all know what we want from this game.

That's precisely why I'd want it to be in the game: AV didn't get anywhere near the amount of attention they seemed to suggest it would (I still don't understand why the Porsches weren't included considering they said some were modeled for it) , but with this it could all go swimmingly.
I think they should just incorporate the AV features into the game, straight up. Sure, they don't have trunks, engine bays, or door jambs for all the cars, but why can't we sit inside and look around? You can already read the text on a windshield wiper stalk and familiarize yourself with the radio controls on any non-AutoVista car in FM4.

I will go make a post in the forum with the title "Loyal Forza fan disappointed, Dan sold us out." :P
:lol: And that complaint would probably more valid than a bajillion of similar threads that are going to pop up.

Back