Whats the point of drifting?

• Thread starter Torzilla
  • 85 comments
To me, slow speed drifting on comfort tires is not only pointless but very easy (Really; camber, toe, stabilizer...cake). However, if you can do it on race tires in the middle of a race and cover everyone behind you in a cloud of smoke and repeat this several times during the race and still win - then it's cool:

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7117/autumnringq.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/297/tsukubacircuita.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/caperingsouth1.jpg/

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/caperingsouth.jpg/

autumnring1d.jpg

Troll. :rolleyes: For a start, you are in 4wd, which IS NOT drifting. Second, you clearly don't know a thing about it, so why bother posting? If you did have a clue, you would know we don't set the cars up to oversteer wildly, we set them up to have as much rear traction as possible.

Oh and P.S., if you can drift a whole lap of any track in a RWD car on RACE tyres with a 900 degree wheel I will GIVE YOU my '93 4-door R32 GTS-T. Video evidence required of course.

Troll. :rolleyes: For a start, you are in 4wd, which IS NOT drifting. Second, you clearly don't know a thing about it, so why bother posting? If you did have a clue, you would know we don't set the cars up to oversteer wildly, we set them up to have as much rear traction as possible.

Oh and P.S., if you can drift a whole lap of any track in a RWD car on RACE tyres with a 900 degree wheel I will GIVE YOU my '93 4-door R32 GTS-T. Video evidence required of course.

thank you. I wanted somebody else to rant this time..... and it is a lamborghini haha

No worries LOL

This photo prooves my point to a T. There isn't even any opposite lock being applied, in fact, there is positive lock, meaning that actually this guy is just 4 wheel understeering. What a complete and utter abject fail......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's also a lot more friendly,the state of mind is very different from my point of view.We drift together most of the time, not against each other if you see what I mean.

Very true !

Lol guy in the 4wd above.
Just lol, not much more I can say that isn't already said.
Join a drift teams lobby and drift with us, see how you get on in a RWD car.
If its so easy.

I personally think the OP loves drifting and just wanted to see the community spill their hearts all over this thread !

Last edited:

It absolutely is drifting, Lol. I seem to hit a drifting fanboy nerve with my bash on slow-comforttire-cake-FR-'drifting'. I don't know a thing about it, or tuning? You clearly are barking up the wrong tree.

I find your idea drifting extremely easy and boring and I'm sorry you folks don't like my way of drifting, which is by FAR the cooler way drifting - the speed, smoke trail visuals, ability to do it while racing, and the difficulty deem it so. People comment on my ability to do this all the time. Never have I looked upon a tandem drifting couple (lol) and been impressed - it's flipping easy!

Drift a whole track? Lol, at 15mph on comfort tires? Cool...? 👎 You already know it's not possible with race tires.

It absolutely is drifting, Lol. I seem to hit a drifting fanboy nerve with my bash on slow-comforttire-cake-FR-'drifting'. I don't know a thing about it, or tuning? You clearly are barking up the wrong tree.

I find your idea drifting extremely easy and boring and I'm sorry you folks don't like my way of drifting, which is by FAR the cooler way drifting - the speed, smoke trail visuals, ability to do it while racing, and the difficulty deem it so. People comment on my ability to do this all the time. Never have I looked upon a tandem drifting couple (lol) and been impressed - it's flipping easy!

Drift a whole track? Lol, at 15mph on comfort tires? Cool...? 👎 You already know it's not possible with race tires.

WOW someone has not been on GTP or following drifting for long enough to know that he is COMPLETELY wrong, but hey he has a right to his opinion.

Blah Blah Blah.

Interesting, are you talking about NFS? Because this isn't NFS, oh wait! Even in NFS Shift you can only enter RWD car in drift events. Wow even the makers of NFS know AWD cars can't drift. If they know that then what does that make you? :crazy:

In who's book is it drifting? Pro drifters? No. Fans? No. Racers? No. If it's so easy, I challenge you to chase me for a lap and not only keep up, but drift the entire circuit. Oh....you can't....what a surprise! And if you think I'm just 'some fanboy' check some of my other posts ;) Again I repeat, troll.

Easy? Really. Like I said, challenge on. prove you're not just an ignorant douche. I dare you.

No it's not possible with race tyres, and that kind of proves you don't have the first clue about drifting. I would also be willing to bet money you are using a control pad, because if you were using a wheel, you'd realise how much harder it is than you think, but I guess we can't expect a kid to have the first clue what he's talking about, so maybe I should give you a break. On the other hand......maybe you're just a retard. :)

Last edited:
I'm not going to bother to respond to the above. Name calling because you're threatened by an opinion. 👎 I'd be happy to fly past you sideways covering you in my dust as you kick up a smirk cloud in your 'drift car', and still turn track times that you couldn't touch. Enjoy your comfort tires, fanboy.

Cough...

Sorry mate, but this tandem "couple" absolutely carved up suzuka east.
I challenge you to find a friend, meet him online, get in your 4WD and match this.

FYI they were both using 900* wheels

As for the OP... I would prefer to see two cars sideways with smoke everywhere, then driving fast

I'm not going to bother to respond to the above. Name calling because you're threatened by an opinion. 👎 I'd be happy to fly past you sideways covering you in my dust as you kick up a smirk cloud in your 'drift car', and still turn track times that you couldn't touch. Enjoy your comfort tires, fanboy.

I will ask you nicely to do more research before you next post mate ok? it will prevent you looking like a noob in the future alright?

Cough...

Sorry mate, but this tandem "couple" absolutely carved up suzuka east.
I challenge you to find a friend, meet him online, get in your 4WD and match this.

FYI they were both using 900* wheels

As for the OP... I would prefer to see two cars sideways with smoke everywhere, then driving fast

I think he should try paying attention or researching the sport of drifting first really has he heard of D1GP?

I will ask you nicely to do more research before you next post mate ok? it will prevent you looking like a noob in the future alright?

Thank you for the half-respectful post. I've done your idea of drifting for years on GT4 and a bit on GT5 and thus have developed my opinion on the subject. I am no newbie. I've grown into using my tuning knowledge for drifting into the racing realm, and man it's so much more fun and rewarding for me! The opinions that have been derived from my lambo pics are exactly that, opinions, and I find them quite funny (I will pull up some FR car pics of doing this - maybe I'll find some respect here Lol). I do this with many of my FR cars. You should try it - no matter the drivetrain, it's possible, a lot of fun, and much more difficult.

(I will pull up some FR car pics of doing this - maybe I'll find some respect here Lol). I do this with many of my FR cars. You should try it - no matter the drivetrain, it's possible, a lot of fun, and much more difficult.

It would be a smart move. Drifting can be done with anything but the foundation of the SPORT is FR cars, and with that anything else is not really like or given any respect at this point and time. Future reference for anything involving drifting to get any recognition what so ever you must have a FR car with comfort hard tyres period.

did you watch the video DMoss? is that not some awesome drifting? I have respect for people who can properly slide 4WD, but the majority use the handbrake at ridiculous speed and recklessly knock off people that are in FR's. They can make a huge mess of a good drifting session.

I agree with Tuzmyfuz though, if you want to be recognised & respected on this forum, keep to FR

I just would not condone posting anything on this forum unless it is FR

I don't recall the admins putting a ban on discussing drifting with other drivetrains on the boards.

----

Please keep it clean. Keep your discussions about the topic at hand rather than about each other. Any further digs at any other member, whether they be a regular or a newbie will be met with infractions.

Thank you.

Why do u keep baiting him we know he has no clue let him live in his own LITTLE world.
Please don't let a legitimate question turn into another crap thread.
Grippers are always hating that's never gonna change.

The point of drifting is for a competitive motorsport to be more about driver's skill then car performance. I feel that this is the case and the beauty of the sport is truly stunning.

Last edited:
Where did I mention drivetrain I asked to stop baiting and yes I was writing post at same time as mod if I get infraction so be it.

Since we're basically saying the same thing: "Don't let this turn into another crap thread." I'll let it slide.

Yes, please stop baiting and fighting. We already have a thread (or threads) about AWD and how it is/isn't drifting. This thread is more of a discussion about the why's of drifting itself.

Understanding that you have drifting stock cars though backing up words with pictures doesn't mean anything. If you do find other people's idea extemely easy then you should try it with some video footage. Plain and simple. You don't have to boast about good you are or what cars your going to drift. Though if your not going to help the community, go to Gamefaqs and keep it out of our community if your going to continue with some elitism. We do have discussion thread if you like to part take in them.

Back