What's the point of the horn?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gambleboyen
  • 29 comments
  • 3,145 views
Messages
1,796
Messages
Gambleboyen
Is it for online play or what? Surely the AI doesn't care (or even register) about horn honking.

For me it's just a pain so I'll try to remove it from the left thumbstick.
 
I was just going to post the same question but I also dont know where my horn i? I have a G27 so any clues wouold be great if in fact the horn is of any use.
 
It's fun. :) I love beeping at drivers to get out of my way.
 
I want the dukes of hazard horn. :)
 
I use it to alleviate boredom :) in the first topgear challenge I drove around in that awful bus honking like a madman with my wipers on :dopey:
 
I like to beep at people in the crowd.
 
My horn got the mrs' pregnant.
 
It's funny because my first experience with the horn caught me off guard. I saw there's a button for the horn when I was setting up my sixaxis buttons, but completely forgot about it. Later on, I'm driving a Lancia Delta HF around High Speed Ring with the chase cam on. That's a very noisy car, but I kept hearing this weird noise every time I went around the corner.

Turns out, I got the horn configured as L3, which is steering. As I was steering, I kept hitting the horn, but it took me 2 laps to figure this out because I could barely hear it! Once I switched to the cabin cam, I could now hear it loud and clear. :crazy:

But do they?

So far, they pretty much ignore me. :) Ah well, it's fun, though.
 
I suspect the point of the horn, is to annoy other drivers online. :indiff:
 
I'm sure i was racing online the other day and the horn was disabled?
 
I'm sure i was racing online the other day and the horn was disabled?

Not on all servers as far as I know, I used it today, not sure if other drivers can hear it.

I just use mine for cocky celebrations in GT Mode :P
 
It's fun. :) I love beeping at drivers to get out of my way.

PJ fan P. Bone?


Picture297.jpg


My PJ #229 and it's mini me custom painted to match..................:)
 
I like the horn. And besides I played against a couple people who wanted to do 30,40,50 mph rolls =), its fun.
 
I don't know if there is a real point to it beyond fluff. All I know is there had better be one that plays "La Cucaracha" ...otherwise, how will I catch people's attention when I roll by in my pink Enzo?
 
I don't know if there is a real point to it beyond fluff. All I know is there had better be one that plays "La Cucaracha" ...otherwise, how will I catch people's attention when I roll by in my pink Enzo?

lol^
the horn is great for rolling starts in online play tho
 
I use it to alleviate boredom :) in the first topgear challenge I drove around in that awful bus honking like a madman with my wipers on :dopey:

Definitely this!!

Also use it when my wife steps in front of the TV and doesn't realize it. She pays less attention to it than the bloody AI drivers!
 
horn is very useful for drag racing online. honk 1, 2, 3rd honk is goooo.
 
PJ fan P. Bone?


Picture297.jpg


My PJ #229 and it's mini me custom painted to match..................:)

you sir, are AWESOME.

👍

even though the only thing i hate more than mustangs, is YELLOW mustangs lol.


still... awesome.;
 
A waste if you ask me; who uses a horn racing?

And flashing your lights won't make anyone move aside either :)
 
Memory, software development time.....

And a waste of a button on my G25 too.
 
I seriously doubt tooting a horn or flashing the lights is taking away from any other part of the game or has contributed to the extended development time.
 
I find it pretty useful online in a GTP room. Helps people make way for a clean pass. The AI does react to it also. On straights they move over when I lay on it, and it isn't coincidence. They do it every time.
 
I find it pretty useful online in a GTP room. Helps people make way for a clean pass. The AI does react to it also. On straights they move over when I lay on it, and it isn't coincidence. They do it every time.

You lay on the horn online and the people you play with will make way for a clean pass? You must have a group of friends that you play with that are all within striking distance. :lol:
 
the horn and lights come in handy for those who wish to use them, especially online when racing with your friends. like I said, when I'm drag racing online I use the horn to signal when to go, I'm sure others out there can find other creative ways to make use of the horns/lights when racing or driving as well. So its not a waste.
 
this topic has reached the point of saturation i think.

...roadrunner horn!

meep-meep!

...pew!
 
I just wish PD could have been more creative with the horn. They should have put it on the F1 and the other race cars.
 
Ya, i use the horn often in online racing, helps to let people know i'm around them when passing. I also like to flash headlights and such, however it's too bad that you can't flash your hazards or use blinkers. It would make lounge driving on the Nurburgring all the more real
 
you sir, are AWESOME.

👍

even though the only thing i hate more than mustangs, is YELLOW mustangs lol.


still... awesome.;

But its clearly orange...
 
Back