What's the scoop on GT5?

• Thread starter garretty
  • 12 comments
2007 Release
Damage
20+ cars on track.
Looking into More modifications
Supposedly easier acquiring the Big 3 Licenses.

That's it.
I'm suspecting PD is just acquiring licenses, and testing and taking photos of cars.

madmax 2006
because I counted 16 cars on the previews =)
That doesn't necessarily mean there will be 16 cars in GT5 does it? That "preview" wasn't even GT5. Just a tweaked version of GT4 running on the PS3.

In the E3 vid theres a bit with JGTC cars at the Ring, theres 20 cars on track in that clip.

G.T
That doesn't necessarily mean there will be 16 cars in GT5 does it? That "preview" wasn't even GT5. Just a tweaked version of GT4 running on the PS3.

Everybody else seems to think it's more... :crazy: ...*Throws G.T. off of back*

G.T
G.T, there are going to be that many cars.

See, the GT4 engine was tweaked, and PD multiplied the number of cars on the track. See, if there was a 50/50 chance of that many cars, there would be no point to showing that video at E3. Why? Because besides engine sounds, the 20+ cars are about the only thing new and surprising in that video.

Without those 20+ cars. there was really no point to that video.

McLaren F1GTR
Without those 20+ cars. there was really no point to that video.[/FONT]

I think that was the point of the video. They obviously didn't have a lot of time to put together a video for E3.. in order to actually show off the real GT5, they would need the new game engine, all of the requisite models, including cars and tracks, etc. It would have taken them many months, at the very least. It was simply far easier to port over GT4 and add more cars.

After showing that, I seriously doubt they'll ever go back to the six-car racing field. It's not going to be hard for them to beef up the game graphically.. the PS3 has more power than they know what to do with (but they'll figure it out eventually.. hehe).

Back