What's up with Auctions Under Review/Banned?

• Thread starter doctorrg
  • 34 comments
Australia
Gold Coast
drbrg
Silv3rEy3d
Not sure whether it will sort itself out, but I am starting to wonder. I've bid on an Auction quite some time ago (and was quickly outbid), which ended up being 'Under Review' for quite some time, and is now showing as 'Banned'. Seeing the Auction is not going to progress any further, does anyone know what's going to happen next, as from the time it went 'Under Review' the 'Receive Credits' option disappeared, meaning my funds are still stuck in the Auction. Will it eventually put the 'Receive Credits' option back, or what else is going to happen now? Does anyone know? Meanwhile, it's still sitting there in my 'My Bids' tab. Would love to receive my credits back and have it disappear from my screen.

Not sure whether it will sort itself out, but I am starting to wonder. I've bid on an Auction quite some time ago (and was quickly outbid), which ended up being 'Under Review' for quite some time, and is now showing as 'Banned'. Seeing the Auction is not going to progress any further, does anyone know what's going to happen next, as from the time it went 'Under Review' the 'Receive Credits' option disappeared, meaning my funds are still stuck in the Auction. Will it eventually put the 'Receive Credits' option back, or what else is going to happen now? Does anyone know? Meanwhile, it's still sitting there in my 'My Bids' tab. Would love to receive my credits back and have it disappear from my screen.

Unfortunately, you don't get your credits back from an under review/banned auction. I'm not sure why, but that is the case.

Unfortunately, you don't get your credits back from an under review/banned auction. I'm not sure why, but that is the case.

Ugh! I don't know why either, as how you're supposed to know you're bidding on an Auction worthy of a ban? Or are there any markers to look out for I may have been missing in the past? Anyhow, thanks for the info!

You won't get them back cause the seller is likely banned for using "artificial" currency/credits.

But how would that affect the credits I've thrown at the auction? But I guess it's one of these cases of... don't try to understand it, that's just how it is. :boggled:

You want me to give you some cash money?

While I wouldn't ever say no to money, I think I'm good. ;) But thanks! 👍

I saw a reasonably tasteful, yet graphically (*Ahem* 'pink bits' with detail) nude anime livery on a Gallardo sell for 62 million creds the other day from no reserve, no buyout...
Wonder how many flags that threw up, and how many bans and lost creds resulted from that.

Also wondering why you'd bother when you have the whole filthy internet at your fingertips :lol:

I saw a reasonably tasteful, yet graphically (*Ahem* 'pink bits' with detail) nude anime livery on a Gallardo sell for 62 million creds the other day from no reserve, no buyout...
Wonder how many flags that threw up, and how many bans and lost creds resulted from that.

Also wondering why you'd bother when you have the whole filthy internet at your fingertips :lol:

Well, you can't drive the internet around in Forza. As for "obscene" liveries/paints, I, for one, would be all for introducing a rating system. Why does something reasonably tasteful need to get banned, if it could just get R-rated? I'd be all for it! :D Not that I'd pay 62 Million for a car just because of some pink bits. :crazy:

As for the car in question, it's actually a 250 GTO with a Gears of War 3 paint. It could just have been a case of a stolen paint. If so, I'm all for the ban. There should be zero tolerance for stealing paint, and I'm all for supporting original artists. It's hard to tell, though. And even if it was a stolen paint, I don't see why people who've bid on it shouldn't get their money back. After all, how were they supposed to know, and now they're going to pay for it? But well, I guess that's just how it is done, irrespective of how little sense it makes.

The whole game would have to be R rated in order to allow that I guess. You could, I suppose introduce some kind rating system in the storefront, but out on track, I dunno...

Is there a way of doing it any different from having a pop up box that asks if you're over 18 and all you have to do is click 'yes'? I always laugh when I see those :lol:

The whole game would have to be R rated in order to allow that I guess. You could, I suppose introduce some kind rating system in the storefront, but out on track, I dunno...

Is there a way of doing it any different from having a pop up box that asks if you're over 18 and all you have to do is click 'yes'? I always laugh when I see those :lol:

Well, it's not really to keep anyone from looking at what they're not supposed to be looking at, it's really only a way for the people who've got something to show to protect themselves, in a purely legal sense. I think everyone is well aware that all these things do 🤬. :lol:

As for "on track", I guess you could age rate any livery/paint, and if the age of a particular participant wasn't allowed to see a particular livery/paint (based on, for example, what age the parents have set for their child), you simply wouldn't render it for them, but simply default, i.e. render the original manufacturer paint the car came in. Granted, it's probably all too complicated, but I'd honestly be all for it. I, personally, have absolutely nothing against "obscene" art. In fact, I quite like it. :D :lol:

Same here, only there's a fine line between obscene art and pron, and most would probably err on the 'wrong' side.

Probably best left out of a game (rated age 3+ lol) that has nothing to do with either, despite the livery feature being a great showcase for artistic ability :)

Anyway, apologies for derailing your thread.

Probably none. I think they mostly go after people that sell stolen/copied designs and those using illegal credits. I've seen a few inappropriate auctions/designs get removed but if you actually saw the auction ended, then it went through since you can't report auctions after they end.

I'd question the origins of that 62 milllion ;)

I'm sure there are plenty of people who've made way more than that through legit means, whether they'd actually fork out such a big chunk of it for a single car, that's an entirely different matter. The most I've paid for a paint so far is 6.5 Million on a 1997 Acura NSX. If it's the right paint, I'd likely be willing to part with at least twice as much. 62 Million, that's definitely way too much for me, irrespective of just how awesome the paint may be. Then again, I wouldn't exclude the possibility that someone else would be willing to pay that, even with legit credits.

It's not beyond possibilty, but I seriously doubt anyone has 62 million legitimate credits to throw at at nudie paintjobs :lol:

Anyhoo, I'm out :)

It's not beyond possibilty, but I seriously doubt anyone has 62 million legitimate credits to throw at at nudie paintjobs :lol:

Anyhoo, I'm out :)

I've still got a little under 50 million legit credits after buying lots of expensive cars, and lots of painters/tuners/auction house car flippers have well over 100 million legit credits. I'd never spend 62 million on one car though. :boggled:

eSZee, does that mean you would throw 62 million legitimate credits at "nudie paintjobs"? :lol:

To get back on topic, does anyone know how long banned auctions remain in your 'My Bids' tab?

eSZee, does that mean you would throw 62 million legitimate credits at "nudie paintjobs"? :lol:

To get back on topic, does anyone know how long banned auctions remain in your 'My Bids' tab?

Till T10 delete the auction in question

Not again! Seems I've just lost another 4 Million. :mad: IMHO, this is just stupid. Why not outbid everyone and give everyone the option to receive their credits back? :banghead:

Edit: Meanwhile, that first banned auction from weeks ago is still taking up space in my 'My Bids' tab. :irked:

Sounds to me like you could use a free 250TR.......

Are you offering again, eSZee? :) If so, thanks heaps for the offer, it's appreciated. 👍 I'm really good, though. It's less about the money lost, and more about the principle of the thing. It's just no fun to waste 4 Million like that, and I simply don't understand why it's necessary to not give people their credits back. I really couldn't tell that this was an Auction worthy to go under review, and what's more, I've been outbid, and simply didn't receive my credits back in time before it went under review. I know, that's just the way it is, but I just can't help thinking it's stupid. And what's even more stupid, is that these under review/banned auctions are now clogging up my My Bids tab. :irked:

Wait, that sounded to me like you said no................Zangief not take no for answer.

Haha. It was more of a there's really no need as I'm plenty rich. Then again, that TR might look nice next to all my other TRs. :D

Oh man, and there another 8.6 Million went down the drain. :( Well, at least this time I've got myself to blame. Shouldn't have bid on that nudie paintjob. :lol: But I figured it's been there all day, with only an hour to go, surely, it should be fine. Within minutes of me bidding on it the auction went 'Under Review'. :ouch:

Is anyone else having these issues, or do I simply have particularly bad luck?

lol, I guess bidding on nudie paintjobs is a risky business. The other non-nudies that you lost credits on were probably just bad luck :)

Just like the real world, people on the "sucker" side of paying for stolen goods, fraud etc rarely get their money back, it sucks, but that's mostly the way it is. I guess in forza the moral is not to spend (rather than lend) what you can't afford to lose.

If you see something in auction you like, always check the owners SF first, you'll often find the item in there and usually much less than the end auction fee, and you redeem the item immediately.

As for the nudie, lol you were asking for that. I'm surprised MS has pulled the plug on the whole livery editor because of those paints already, given the choice of making forza an R-rated game or pull the livery editor we should all know which one they would choose. I can't really support those artists or people who do support them (even though I have here), as it risks ruining one of the best features of the game.

As for the banned auctions in your tab, they used to be removed after 30 days in Fm3, is that not the case here?

Just like the real world, people on the "sucker" side of paying for stolen goods, fraud etc rarely get their money back, it sucks, but that's mostly the way it is. I guess in forza the moral is not to spend (rather than lend) what you can't afford to lose.

That's generally because the person selling the stolen goods has received and already done away with the money. With respect to 'Under Review' auctions, the seller of the stolen goods has never actually received any money in the first place. It's still there. So it's nothing really like the real world. :)

If you see something in auction you like, always check the owners SF first, you'll often find the item in there and usually much less than the end auction fee, and you redeem the item immediately.

If you actually bid on an auction for the paint, then maybe, but I wasn't bidding on it for the paint, but for the car. The paint was actually rather irrelevant to me, and I most likely didn't even inspect it properly at the time. And yes, it sucks if you lose your money over something that isn't even relevant to you.

As for the nudie, lol you were asking for that. I'm surprised MS has pulled the plug on the whole livery editor because of those paints already, given the choice of making forza an R-rated game or pull the livery editor we should all know which one they would choose. I can't really support those artists or people who do support them (even though I have here), as it risks ruining one of the best features of the game.

How nice a rating feature would be. I'd be all for it. :D

As for the banned auctions in your tab, they used to be removed after 30 days in Fm3, is that not the case here?

Not actually sure how long it's been. The first one should come up to 30 days if it hasn't gone past already. The funniest thing is, the first three (which I now assume were stolen artwork) went from 'Under Review' to 'Banned' fairly quickly, and the nudie paintjob is still sitting there, 'Under Review', for me to look at whenever I so desire. If that nudie paintjob stays 'Under Review' forever, does that mean it'll always be in my 'My Bids' tab for me to look at? :lol:

Update: Looking at the date of my first post in this thread, it's now been well over a month, and even that first banned auction is still sitting in my 'My Bids' tab. So it seems it isn't after 30 days.

I really don't believe this. Another auction I bid on just went under review, with 5 minutes to go. I actually saw it happen. What's more, I've bid on this auction 24 hours ago, and it goes under review with 5 minutes left on the clock. :ouch: And it doesn't even have a nice paint on it. Some cheap looking orangey rusty look. Another 8.2 Million gone. Does that mean you really shouldn't bid on anything that doesn't come in a manufacturer color? That's just getting silly now. :boggled:

Back