Whats wrong with the lambo

  • Thread starter Thread starter FN
  • 40 comments
  • 4,232 views
I first drove the chrome Lambo to win the Amateur Clubman series. I always turn off all assists. I had to drive very conservatively to win, with better handling and 3x the hp of the other cars. But I remember reading in books like Motor Trend and the like, the writers talking about accelerating to bring the back out, tapping brake rather than mashing, etc. I started driving with a very light touch, on the gas and the brakes, and got some of the feeling for the potential to drive this beast beautifully, and have a lot of fun (I need to practice that car A LOT more). It does what you tell it to, and I'm happy that GT5 re-created it so faithfully. You have to become "the Lambo Whisperer". I've "driven" this same car in countless arcade games, as I'm sure we all have, and this is where, if you will, "the rubber meets the road." This is much closer to driving the real car, as opposed to an arcadey go-cart that some developers made to slide nicely a little bit to "simulate" the characteristics of this kind of car. I found similar "problems" with the chromeline AC which I also have (for now) to drive very conservatively.
 
Racing soft tires does the trick you probably have the default Sports Hard tires on.
 
You could try reducing the rear braking force a bit. Take it down to 2 or 3 and it should be a lot more stable under braking. It will still try to come around on you when you lift off or brake while turning though - it's a mid-engined sports car, that's what they do.
 
brake in a straight line, down shift in a straight line, lift off brake slowly, feather on throttle,f ull throttle in a straight line. I love this car, I just love how controlled it is even in a slide. This car is about a controlled as it gets without RM.
 
buy some racing soft tires, they'll change your life

What he said. I was doing the Lamborghini event (in Professional I think, lvl 13 or so) in my Chromeline Murcielago and I was all over the place. It seemed impossible to control the car. After installing soft racing tires I got Gold my very first attempt. Bare stock Chromeline Murcielago. No mods of any kind except for the tires.

The tires indeed changed everything.
 
Oh, and I suggest a valuable technique, left foot braking! This will allow you to instantly correct your cars direction, among other things.
 
Tha lambo's i've driven are a dream to drive, they are lethal but if you know how to tame them they are so rewarding.
 
Soft racing tires went from crashing out to winning the Grand Tour easily
 
Try blipping the trottle on down shifts. (even when using paddles) than normally keeps the rear in check for me.
 
FN
Hey guys im just asking what is wrong with the lambo. I take my foot off the accel and it trys to drift? i brake and it does a 90 on me and when i gass it whilst sliding the car goes smoothly till it stops sliding.. all settings on hardest. [edit] Abs on 1.

DONT HIT THE BRAKE WHEN IT DRIFTS. If it drifts, mash the accelerator pedal, and the 4wd system put more power to the front and it will straighten it up, so let it drift into the corner, then as you are mid corner hit the accel . its actually nice to drive like that
 
Back