What's you current car project?

Thought I'd do a thread for people to discuss their creations using the tuning system, hopefully be a good source of inspiration for everyone! :)

So to get the ball rolling...

My first foray into the performance upgrades was with a Lamborghini Murciélago Super Veloce, where my aim was to create a race going version of the car similar to the Mclaren F1 GTR in order to compete in the Gran Turismo World Championship, Supercar championship and the Lamborghini Event.

I wanted to stay true to the original car as much as possible so I limited myself to making only the adjustments I felt necessary for the Le Mans 24Hr.

So first I focused upon removing the excess weight from the road car, and then added the racing essentials of a titanium exhaust, racing air intake and fitted a beefier clutch to handle the extra power. Finally I fitted a set of Hard slicks.

I'm absolutely loving the feel of this car at the moment and cant wait until I'm high enough level to race it a Le Mans for real!

My only gripe is that I'd like to be able to convert it to rear wheel drive, but I dont think this is possible?

TL;DR: What's your favorite creation using the tuning system, and what projects are you looking forward to doing in the future? (Credits permitting :sly:)

PS: Hope this wasn't a boring topic for a thread... :nervous:

The most fun car in GT5P was the tuned Cappuccino, so I'm currently in the process of maxing one out, complete with the race modification, with the sole purpose of using it in practice mode to hoon around Eiger Nordwand.

Before I had to start again due to YLoD, I was building up an AE86 Levin. Since there wasn't one in the used car list this time, I bought an EK Civic Type R, but I'll probably ignore it.

I'll probably also pick up an Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition at some point soon and tune that for Tsukuba time attacks.

I'm currently working on one of the decent looking standard cars, a Mustang SVT Cobra R. Currently up to 585bhp. Very happy with its performances so far. Nice car. No surprise really, it was great in GT4 too.

I've been enjoying a red/orange 60's Vette (Not sure the exact year or model, but it's the Premium model with flip-up headlights) quite a bit.

Haven't maxed it out, but with just shy of 500hp and 600lb/ft on tap, it's not that hard to control, and it's predictable and fun when the tail slides. I want to take some more weight out of it, but I like it's power output at the moment.

Oh, and it looks GORGEOUS with a carbon hood, and those black NASCAR steelies :D

The most fun car in GT5P was the tuned Cappuccino, so I'm currently in the process of maxing one out, complete with the race modification, with the sole purpose of using it in practice mode to hoon around Eiger Nordwand.

I have it, it's quite fun :D

Right now I'm still working on my Altezza and trying to get the LM edition of it, not sure if it's actually in the game though :embarrassed:

I am working towards the race mod for my C6 Z06. It looks just like the C6R (one of my favorite cars of all time). I just hope it sounds beastly like a real C6R.

About 630hp, aero kit, carbon fiber hood, suspension etc etc.

2wnp5p4.jpg

I'm in 3 car proyects right now, advancing them as I go. I have a BMW M3, an eunos roadster, and an RX-7 FC. This doesn't mean I haven't tuned my other cars though. I have a lightly tuned 430 scuderia and 560-4 and a corvette C3 that I have inverted more than 50k in. The difference is that the project cars are tuned only when I have extra money and they are not the because of need, but because of want.

Currently I'm working on my Gallardo. At the moment it has around 630 hp, a carbon bonnet and wing, and some a nice body kit. Just beat the GT World Championship with it! :lol: Though at times it's a little undrivable. So I'm currently working on getting the handling just right.

Currently working on creating my own Fiat 500 Abarth since they only have the 500 1.2 lounge version. Slow as a snail for now but its really light and nimble :dopey:

I am currently working on an Audi R8 and a 2006 STI. Audi has a few power enhancements which has me at 600 HP and I run sport softs ( I think )
Still need some suspension work and finish weight reductions

'91 Acura NSX. It's flexibility is somewhat limited due to it only having five gears and fairly low NA power (mid-400s), but it's a fun little car. Handles fine without adjustments so far.

👍

Body: Rossa Scuderia
Rims: Black

I've been using a different car for each race so far..

Saving up for a LF-A... I like that car. Maybe after its maxed out, I should try the SLS AMG? :)

I've finished tuning up my Dodge Challenger SRT8. I want to to tune it a little bit to hit 250mph, But I don't think I can. It does have about 780bhp, though. :P

I tried to dress it up to look like the Challenger SRT10. :P

My next project is the '70 Challenger R/T. I'll be Racing Modifying it. Then it's on to either the ACR Viper or the Camaro SS.

I tuned an R8 V10. Mid-range turbo, Weight Reduction #1, Full Suspension, Medium Race Slicks, every exhaust part. It worked fairly well for the GT World Championship.

It also sounds beyond sexy. I'm glad the tuned cars don't sound like the tuned cars in Prologue. :)

Theres always the AE86 Levin Liftback which I might make a Group A car with around 170-220bhp (Preferably under 200 for authenticity) by realistically tuning the engine that is originally in the car (240hp@11000 rpm on a Gr.A touring ae86 was unheard of back then because the 20v AE101/AE111 engines didnt even exist back in the AE86 Group A Touring days..)

'91 Acura NSX. It's flexibility is somewhat limited due to it only having five gears and fairly low NA power (mid-400s), but it's a fun little car. Handles fine without adjustments so far.

👍

Body: Rossa Scuderia
Rims: Black

Wow NSX looks amazing. Def my next ride.

currently building up an S15 for drifting.. it holds a slide nicely right now but understeers a little bit when attempting to initiate.. have played around with toe/camber/springrates for a few hours now, still not perfect though..

also am building up an s13 for time trial work in arcade mode, best so far is 1:08.6 I havent fully tuned it though, am just building it slowly as i have spare monies..

I'm currently enjoying tearing up tracks in my C6 ZR1 and 458 Italia. There are quite a few races I can knock out with those two. I think I'm going to buy an LF-A or Murceilago soon anyway.

currently building up an S15 for drifting.. it holds a slide nicely right now but understeers a little bit when attempting to initiate.. have played around with toe/camber/springrates for a few hours now, still not perfect though..

also am building up an s13 for time trial work in arcade mode, best so far is 1:08.6 I havent fully tuned it though, am just building it slowly as i have spare monies..

Silvias are naturally dull at the entry, remember the D1 machines that do so much carnage on the JDM videos have 450bhp+ motors for around twice the cost of the actual car, on top of suspension that costs about twice that of the car as well as bodywork (Chassis reinforcement, weight cut-downs etc) worth about twice that of the original car!

Get rid of weight comes first, and get around 350-400`ish hp, 2.0 camber (More grip on the front wheels for sharper entry, experiment on that) and 0.0 to 0.5 camber on the rear wheels (Experiment) and raise the tail or lower the front some (Makes it easier to shift weight forward) And turn off ABS as well as adjust brake bias just one tad to the rear, voilà: Tail happy S15 :)

A fully adjustable LSD isnt too bad either, around 60% shim for accel and 30-40%`ish for brake oughta do the trick.

From there on you can adjust these settings to your likings, getting it to be set up perfect can take days, weeks, months.. Thats the fun part ;)

Last edited:
smallerLancia.png

My Lancia Delta looks a bit different now and is nearly maxed out for upgrades. Competes ok with the supercars in the level ~11 events even on Daytona :)

Love this car. Can't wait to start doing rally races with it too. This was my first car after the Go-Kart -- I have a Ferarri and a Supra but still come back to my Delta.

Really surprised myself, finding the Gallardo, Scuderia and MP4 McLaren really good fun. Challenging drives with different aspects, so while the three are largely fully upgraded, the trick for me is tuning them to perfection to get me round the Nurb in minimal time - which is all I really do on GT past a certain point, haha.

Back