What's your favorite race ever in GT2?

Portugal
Lisbon
So i'm playing through GT2 for like the sixth time, and as usual i'm at like 97% with only endurance races left to do.
Yesterday i started on Apricott Hill 50 laps (max. 591hp). I chose a Corvette Grand Sport with Stage 1 NA tune, 470hp.
It could have been somewhat competitive if only the AI wasn't completely useless on Apricott Hill. I swear, those guys manage to spin every time on the first corner whatever car they're using. Only the GT-40 remained somewhat composed.

So i'm doing this really nice race 10 laps to go and not a single accident or spin or even going to the grass. Unfortunately i then paused the game to have dinner and like 5 seconds after continuing the race i spin the car ruining an otherwise perfect race. I won easily and lapped the 2nd placed Ford GT-40 twice but that's not important.

Anyways my favorite ever race has to be that one or Trial Mountain 30 laps with a FF car like a fully tuned Mazdaspeed Demio or a Civic Type R.

what about you? any specially memorable race?

Last edited:
Like, a specific race, or an EVENT?
There's one event I grew fond of when playing the game in recent times and I really don't know why: Opel Tigra one-make race, with me driving a stock one in that lime-green color.
There's also the one with the JTCC cars.

If it's about a specific race, there's one that I even recorded that part during the replay, it was either a Muscle Car or American Car race, at Laguna Seca, and an AI car spun out on the corkscrew as I drove by in my black Charger, just almost scraping it, but managing to avoid it. It was really cool.

I like most of the endurance races, but I'd experiment with the races to make sure you have a challenge. Most under power cars will do just fine for a challenge. I've been thinking of doing a play through will modified car data or a modified .VOL data to make the game more interesting than it was intended. I seriously want the game to be challenging.

I always try to fit the theme when choosing a car. Yesterday i did the 90 laps Laguna Seca and went with the Castrol Supra. At lap 25 i start to fall asleep (i was wasted from a party the day before and barely had any sleep) and the 2nd place car catches me. Paused the game, slepts for two hours and then easily finished the race.

yeah, me too. I'd love a bit more challenge. This time my first car was a Micra Super Turbo. That made for some very challenging races.
It'd be great to lower the hp limit and enforce some restrictions on race events. That's why i created the other topic.

Back