What's your favourite corner?

• Thread starter wee_man
  • 53 comments
Originally posted by sn00pie
Turn #1 and the left-hander into the first tunnel at Grand Valley Speedway, the chicane before the last left-hander at Apricot Hill.

But the best corner in the history of GT is the gap in the gardrail after the longwinded left-hander going into sector 2 at SS11 in Gran Turismo 1 & 2. Quick right - quick prayer - eyes closed - quick left, vroom.

You mean that tight chicane?
And SSR11 wasn't in GT2, but yeah it was the awesomest. I was real dissapointed when it wasn't there in GT3.

I'll put some pictures up of my favorite corners later.

I have to go with the last turn on Trial Mountain, before the pits. Just coming off of the hill and drifting into that is just so fun for me. Second place is the turn on TM before the back strait-away, tearing through the yellow stripes going into the large tunnel just feel's so cool.

Originally posted by malystryx
I have to go with the last turn on Trial Mountain, before the pits. Just coming off of the hill and drifting into that is just so fun for me. Second place is the turn on TM before the back strait-away, tearing through the yellow stripes going into the large tunnel just feel's so cool.

Good, I'm not alone :D

Yeah, that section in Seattle does seem much harder to nail in GT3 than in GT2.

I never got to try Seattle in GT2... And I remembered another great section...it's the jumps when going downhill on that section before the end of Seattle II...so fun going over the jumps. :D

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I never got to try Seattle in GT2... And I remembered another great section...it's the jumps when going downhill on that section before the end of Seattle II...so fun going over the jumps. :D
Actually I find it just as fun going uphill :D Especially in my beloved GT40. Please remember to apply brakes before hitting the last jump - thank you very much

Back OT:
To (mis)quote Poison Ivy
So many corners to do.. So little time..

Every corner in GT3 executed perfect is my favorite corner....

The Double right hander at the back of the R246 course, you can make up so much time there if you get it right, and you have to be ultra comitted and turn in at the right moment, to soon and you will pinball from the inside wall to the outside, and to late, well you may as well have got out and walked

there are 3 corners that i enjoy

1. the legendary corkscrew at laguna seca raceway. so steep. i cant believe that they race world superbikes there

2. the corner after the swimming pool in monaco (3rd corner) you can take that fast, lightly brush the inside wall and get a good run into the next corner

3. braking for the 1st corner in ss11. fun in traffic, you come flying down the straight and slam on the brakes hard to recover if you get it slightly wrong

Every corner in GT3 executed perfect is my favorite corner....

Even sweepers? They're the most boring type of corners...you just hug the inside and keep the foot on the floor.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Even sweepers? They're the most boring type of corners...you just hug the inside and keep the foot on the floor.
Even sweepers. But I think I broken due to my bike riding. A loooooong nice sweeper with your knee draggin' ever so sligthy.. Best feeling in the world.. Trust me 👍

Sorry to bring up a (very) old thread but relevant to GT4 too, it has to be La Rascasse and Anthony Noghes, (Last corner at Monaco).

I like the crazy turns on those blind hills from Complex String. The thrill you get while going through those just never gets old :).

I really like the 2 corners in the top right of the Tokyo map. I can drift around them very easily.

I like all of the corners. :lol:
But the left-right and then hairpin at Midfield is awesome because in a fast car you have to start braking when you go through the right kink, and it makes the car drift slightly, then you can use a weight transfer move to get a bit of slip angle to go around the hairpin.

I like the last chicane of Trial Mountain and the last turn of Deep Forest, because you can cut through the grass for no penalty and it often saves some time.

Man, now this is a thread revival! 12 years in the making!
Last turn at Willow Springs Big Willow! If you clip the final apex before the front straight, your right side wheels kick up, and it feels like you get slingshot towards the finish line! Never get's old!

My favorite corner would be the last high speed sweep at Deep Forest Raceway. Take the right line and you're kissing 95-100 mph once you hit the exit :)

Last turn at Willow Springs Big Willow!

Wrong game. ;)

upload_2015-6-4_20-58-9.png

Has to be either the fast s bend after the first corner or the sharp hairpin through the tunnel at Midfield Raceway...

Back