What's your favourite font?

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 22 comments

sn00pie

AAAH DON'T PANIC!!!
Staff Emeritus
Simple: what is, or what are your favourite font(s)?

[size=-2]If you pick a font that isn't in the standard (windows) package, please take the liberty of supplying a link to it or uploading it, thanks![/size]

font.jpg

I'd have to say Trebuchet MS, especially in italics.

My second choice would be "Third Party Hyper" out of Acid Fonts.com
thirdpartyhyper.gif

I also love "Planet Kosmos" from the same site.
planetkosmos.gif

For normal text, Lucida Grande.

For styled text, Marker Felt.

(And obviously I have no clue if those are available in the "standard Windoze package". :P)

Originally posted by Sage
For normal text, Lucida Grande.

For styled text, Marker Felt.

(And obviously I have no clue if those are available in the "standard Windoze package". :P)

I was thinking of you when I wrote that. So I edited it to Windows/Macintosh, then I remembered how much Macintosh sucks and I edited it back. :)

Actually, that's very true... :P In OS X, when there's a kernal panic, everything dims out, and a pretty overlay comes up with a big power button on it, and says in 4 different languages to hold down the power button to restart. See, Apple can even make the machine crash beautifully!

Is that font any different to "BitDust_Two", Shannon?

Well i'd think so, but just to make sure, y'know. :D

**sigh** http://www.04.jp.org/ has the font i have been looking for, for maybe over a year (?), yeah i think so. He is not releasing it to the public though :( If anyone can find a font similar to this one, can u please tell me!? i beg of you :( :( :(

04bit06.gif

Originally posted by ethikz
**sigh** http://www.04.jp.org/ has the font i have been looking for, for maybe over a year (?), yeah i think so. He is not releasing it to the public though :( If anyone can find a font similar to this one, can u please tell me!? i beg of you :( :( :(

04bit06.gif

Thats one nice Katakana bitmap font!

I don't think you will ever find a link because it was never released, I don't think a beta was ever releaded either.

What link?

All I see is a red X.

Lubalin Graph, Futura for the Stanley Kubrick connection, obviously Helvetica, Univers and I do have a soft spot for Baskerville. DIN is probably my absolute favourite right now, though.

The first (and only) time I used Avant Garde in a project, I suddenly realised it's absolutely everywhere... I regretted it but after spending £300 in getting posters printed I didn't much feel like changing it.

Back