Whats your maddest track?

• Thread starter thesrdic
  • 30 comments
England
Pangaea
eatfrogs4tea/GTP_thesrdic
Why would I want an xbox?
I've spent quite a bit of time with the course maker and I love it. After creating a load of tracks I got bored and decided to make the hardest track I could, its called Madness, its 5 and a half miles long, and has 72 corners! I'd upload pics but a) I'm on my phone right now and b) I don't know how to yet!

What's the hardest track you've made?

I made one a couple of days ago I called The Asylum. It's got multiple blind corners and a couple where the car is airborne at the turn-in point.

I basically maxed out all variables and it was a rally track. Generated about 3 times and got a freaking crazy thing, not sure what to name it.

I've been trying to generate a "touge" like or mountain road type with lots of turns and elevation change. Somehow it seems when ever I increase the complexity too much the whole track just becomes more simplified with lots of long straights.

I've been trying to generate a "touge" like or mountain road type with lots of turns and elevation change. Somehow it seems when ever I increase the complexity too much the whole track just becomes more simplified with lots of long straights.

Exactly, I'm having the same issue. Sometimes it doesn't even make a difference when you turn the settings all the way upside down.
I also don't find where to select the length of the track. Whether I choose the maximum amount of sectors or not, the length is always in between 3 and 4km.

Remember that there's a length limit to these created tracks (10km I think). The more complex the first section, the less complex the next one can be.

It seems to be luck with how long it is, with all parameters on full (except road width) some tracks where coming out short or long, some with lots of corners and some with few, I spent about 5 mins cycling through tracks until I found the mad one

so far, it seems that Eiffel and Toscana produce the longest circuits... i think the longest i have gotten on Eiffel is about 5.6 miles and on Toscana about the same... But i think some of my most favorite circuits have been on Eiffel... my best has about 490ft of elevation change, a strait of .75 miles, and is about 5.6 miles long... so fun to drive :)

I created one on Aso called 'Aso Hillclimb'. It's only 2.5 miles long but has a height variation of 550ft.

It's a shape quite similar to Monza. A large pit straight leads to a long hairpin, leading to another long straight, before reaching a blind dip/s-bend, quite similar to a reverse eau rouge. The route then climbs with some blind curves, slowing down to a peak before dropping down completely with a small straight, leading to the pit straight. I love it.

I made a couple. The hardest is Wreck'd Road, which is mt Aso, lots of turns and long straights, alot of bends that u need to control throttle. Another one i have is Devil's Flight, which is a long straight with lots of bent hills, the first 3 consecutive hills you need to have good control of the car. Another one is in Toscana is called Autostrada Oval, which is an oval track with blindspots and hill bends that even the AI have trouble with. Its fun watching them spin out :P

I've built three tracks,

1. AUTOBACS Test Track I, named because it was my first ever course, and because the test car was the SUPER GT AUTOBACS Garaiya.

2. Circuito d'Italia, a nighttime Toscana tarmac course, very blind and rough to drive. There aren't any high speed sections on this track. It's also my only track Online at the moment.

3. French National Ring FNR, a large ring in the Eifel area, that runs in a clockwise direction, and it's always raining. Takes about a little more than 2 minutes to lap in the Garaiya.

I reckon someone should make a kart track with as many sectors as possible and set the complexity and severity sliders to maximum and the circuit width to minimum and see how it goes.

I reckon someone should make a kart track with as many sectors as possible and set the complexity and severity sliders to maximum and the circuit width to minimum and see how it goes.

I did make a Kart Oval track with min width and its very hard to overtake. Will try this later though.

Give me a minute, I'm posting my findings. I spent the afternoon grinding out variations in Course Maker to learn its parameters. I'm going to post a guide :)

I recently, as in 3 days ago, made a rally track based off of the gravel rally, "Liege". I meant to create a very difficult track which racing clean would almost be impossible. I named the track, "Claustrophobia Trail", due to it's extreme difficulty. Minimum width for every sector there was, all sectors had maximum complexity, and most had maximum sharpness too. I swear when I raced at this nightmare I created, I hit EVERY SINGLE WALL THERE WAS, NO EXCEPTIONS. Still, I love the track and have it...

Put the settings at 8 instead of 10 to get crazy tracks.

Also Ive been trying to make a track with a huge jump but the elevation change always seems to be on the corners...

i made a track on Mt Aso, the main straight has 4 sharp bumps, all in a row, and the AIs which happen to be driving 6 million dollar hypercars get smashed all at the same time :) the replays are so funny lol

I made one that does this to my Veyron :ill:

EifelCircuit.jpg

EifelCircuit_1.jpg

EifelCircuit_2.jpg

EifelCircuit_3.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

I wish I could tone down the length of the track and keep the layout as is. My track only has 18 corners and it takes just under 3 minutes to lap in the IS F Concept/ARTA GT300. Still is freakin' epic though, so much variety and challenge. All I need now is a good name for it. :P

My best one (well, only one at this point) is a huge right-turn oval at Eifel. There are a couple of spots with 0 lateral Gs, meaning that you have to turn in before the hill rather than during it. It's just as tight as the Nürburgring, and at the end of the whole thing is a giant "N" shaped turn. Quite mad indeed. I'll see what will happen when AI gets on that track - they'll probably just hit the wall before the first bit of the turn.

I got a Toscana tarmac course that has huge rolling hills, long straights, two off camber 4th gear corners and two blind 2nd gear corners. It's just about perfect for letting a Zonda R loose against a Miura but quite rubbish for anything less than 400 bhp. I've given it the novel name of Toscana 1.

On mine, the last corner goes up hill but levels off almost abruptly a little past halfway through, really hard to make that turn safely.

I've spent quite a bit of time with the course maker and I love it. After creating a load of tracks I got bored and decided to make the hardest track I could, its called Madness, its 5 and a half miles long, and has 72 corners! I'd upload pics but a) I'm on my phone right now and b) I don't know how to yet!

What's the hardest track you've made?

The longest track I've ever created so far is 7.47 miles. The track with the most corners that I've made so far had 95 (give or take; 93 to 97) corners.

I quickly stopped shooting for lots of corners, though. Using my 90+ corner course as an example, all you really did was just weave back and forth for like six minutes (per lap), which got old fast and wasn't really any fun. I try instead to mix things up with less complex sectors, more complex sectors, tight corners, gentle corners, and some straights.

HN7
Remember that there's a length limit to these created tracks (10km I think). The more complex the first section, the less complex the next one can be.

Negative. My 7.47-mile track is just over 12 kilometers.

As for the complexity of the next sector being reduced by complexity of the first, it doesn't exactly work that way. You could increase the complexity of a later sector and an earlier one could lose complexity. For example, sector 1 could have complexity 10 and as a result have lots of meandering corners, and then you could jump to a later sector and increase its complexity at which point sector 1 could suddenly convert to just a straight or one gentle corner while the later sector keeps its higher complexity. A more complex earlier sector doesn't always take complexity from a later one, as there's give and take in both directions across all sectors.

so far, it seems that Eiffel and Toscana produce the longest circuits... i think the longest i have gotten on Eiffel is about 5.6 miles and on Toscana about the same...

Liege produces the longest tracks. I spent several hours trying to switch up track settings to see how big I could get tracks from each area to be, and places like Eifel and Toscana did alright at around 5 to 6 miles, but if you want much more than 6 miles the only place I've really seen this is Liege, where I had several 7+ circuits. I found that increasing the sharpness of the corners to the maximum helps add length.

Back