What's your most embarrassing GT5 moment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquarelle
  • 32 comments
  • 2,411 views

Aquarelle

Pick up the pace, let’s go!
Premium
Messages
3,454
Australia
Brisbane
Messages
Uriehusky
Messages
Uriehusky
I thought it might be fun to share stories of embarrassing things we've done while playing GT.

For me, It's got to be the time that I was drifting around Deep Forest, I overcooked it on the 7th corner, just before the straight-away.

I'm the kind of person who has an overactive imagination, so I get immersed into the game very easily. Aided by the fact my wheel is right infront of a 24 inch LCD computer screen that I've hooked my PS3 up to and that my office chair feels similar to a cars seat.

Anyway, so I overcooked it and my car started hurtling towards the guardrail overlooking that long sheer drop into the valley.. and I actually genuinely squealed, braced for impact closing my eyes and gripping my wheel... I was truly scared for my life

Then, reality struck and I looked up and my partner at the time who just stared at me and couldn't even think of how to react beyond "what in the hell was that about?!"

So, what's your most embarrassing moment?
 
When i started chatting up this girl while i was in a race room with a headset for about 10 minutes.
I proceeded to say that i didn't know of many girls who liked gt. she's like "WTF, I'm playing cod." then i realised the earpiece was connected to my mates ps3 2 metres away. he was playing against her in a hardcore teamdeathmatch

LOLZ
 
Probably the time I had to play at my grandma's house because my internet was down. I was in a heated leauge race, and attempted a daring pass on the outside into th first turn at Grand Valley. Needless to say, I caught the gravel and spun, prompting me to exclaim: "Oh S***!!!"....

My grandma was standing right behind me.
 
Before the million dollar trade restriction was implemented fully, I was trading with someone for some race car (forgot what it was). He gave me a Toyota 88-V (or is it 88-C, or 88-CV?) which I already had. I was supposed to give it back, but by the time I could trade again the restriction had set in place. Before it set, he gave me a different race car, something I didn't have. I joined a lobby his was in and told him I couldn't give it back. Luckily he understood the problem and let it slide. Damn you PD for making me look like a scammer...
 
Possibly on a Suzuka 575pp race, 6 laps, the 2.08 version.

I had won the previous race at Indy Road, beating out a 458 Italia with a R8 4.2.

This time, it was a race between me and a Murcielago 640 LP (not the SuperVeloce.) with about 8 other drivers, but we had just gotten off to a murderous start. He screwed up at Degner, and I had it by about 5 seconds.

I completely choked at Spoon. I HAD it, and I choked, giving it to the same 458 from the previous race. I swear, I knew I was going to screw up. Didn't get too much amusement from the lobby, was a good group of guys who were dead focused on racing. (We ended up doing a 10-lapper with karts at Kart Space II the next race.)
 
When I do a "victory burnout" across the finish line on lap 4 of 5. That's happen more than once.
 
Mine was trying to explain to (non-GT5 playing) friends the virtue of Photomode and how cool and technical it was.

I quickly realised my error, hit reverse and exited out of the conversation quite quickly. (though when they purchased a fancy camera and had no idea what an F-Stop was.....:lol:):dopey:
 
Teaching a friend some tricks about LMP1 cars and how to drive them, felling like a boss. Then we went on a online race and he was way better then me :/
 
Well, in any racing game, I have a habit of looking behind me.
However, I was playing GTA a little earlier, so; I went into a 1-v-1 race and spent 2 laps of Cote D'Azur constantly beeping at the other guy. :p

It was even stupider when I was doing it in front of him.
 
Skeletor27
When I do a "victory burnout" across the finish line on lap 4 of 5. That's happen more than once.

Haaha

Mine is similar. When you are in first and there is only like 3 turns left when you realize you're about to win. Than the pressure gets to you, overwhelming you and than you crash horribly ending in 4th.
 
Was in a league race at SSR5. Was looking back (or just not paying attention, I can't remember) and nailed the pit wall head on. Needless to say I felt pretty stupid.
 
I was racing online and I thought it was the last lap and before I crossed the finish line I put my controller down and I assumed the race was over and the A.I was driving my car.

It wasn't.
 
Having your sister beat you in a stock Shelby Cobra 427 around High Speed Ring. And she never played GT5 before. She was like 5 seconds faster than me around the track.
 
When I do a "victory burnout" across the finish line on lap 4 of 5. That's happen more than once.

My favorite one so far. 👍

For me my most embarrassing moment was when I made sweet jumps at the Eiger Nordwand short track right after the start/finish line and the post-jump momentum launched me into the pits -- TWICE -- in one online race! The first time made me mad :mad: and the second time was just funny. :lol:
 
Just happened now. I'm racing a Mclaren F1 with racing hard tires in Circuit De La Sarthe in the Gran Turismo World Championship. I wiped out on the very last turn of the very last lap and got beaten by a Lexus GT500 race car......
 
A year or so ago I did a 6'05 lap at the Nordschleife with the 908 HDi. I felt pretty proud of it back then. Then, I just became a lazy-ass and dropped sim-racing altogether. Around a month ago I tried that combo and I was lucky to finish the lap, nevermind beating my past record! It was even more embarassing, and sad, when I saw that the best time posted here in GTP was like 15 or more secs quicker...

:(:(:(
 
Well, in any racing game, I have a habit of looking behind me.
However, I was playing GTA a little earlier, so; I went into a 1-v-1 race and spent 2 laps of Cote D'Azur constantly beeping at the other guy. :p

It was even stupider when I was doing it in front of him.

I have the same habit. when my bros watching me race hes always like ' STOP LOOKING BACK!'

And beeping the horn at people is funnier when you have a buddy.

2 cars driving around together harrassing others with dixie horn sounds and the like.

me and a mate timed our horns to recreate tbe dixie. Was epic
 
I was playing a online dirty race and at the last lap I was coming 2nd and there's this massive long straight and I swear I saw the finish line so I yanked the e-brake and halted pass the finish line and I was like Good race then the 3rd place runner passed me and I was like :ceonsored: The timer isn't showing then I backed up and the real finish line was 30cm away. -.-' I came 3rd.
 
I'm going to have to take that victory spin at 4 of 5 laps as my most embarrassing moment, I do that way too much. :lol:

I have the same habit. when my bros watching me race hes always like ' STOP LOOKING BACK!'

I do the same, and my three siblings react the same. Quite a pain. :D
 
Yeah. i guess i do it because i like to make sure I'm not about to get PIT-ed lol.
 
Turning into the wall on Nurby 24h while running second. :lol:

~GT5Power
 
YOU TURNED INTO A WALL? NICE MODS

:sly: :sly:
 
Instead of going straight on at the end, I turned right thinking it was the Nordschleife!

~GT5Power
 
Ahahahhah. I've done that. first time i did the 4 hour i missed pit lane and had to do a u-ey
 
In the early days I was online and wondering when the race was going to start when I was kindly reminded that I was the host.
 
In the early days I was online and wondering when the race was going to start when I was kindly reminded that I was the host.

:lol: That's the best one so far. :D
 
i ran at SSRX in my Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept, i drove 220mph, and a guy kn hic Honda civic, overtook me.
think he had like 250mph on

WHAT. THE. HELL. WAS. THAT.?!
 
When I spun out on the Nurb straight. In a 350Z.
 
While racing at La Sarthe I was on the straight paying to much attention to the guys behind me I didn't realise the chicane was there and BANG!
 
Doing a 'tournament' in Career mode, one race at a time; until I finished it, didn't get the prize car, and realised I had to do them all again, via 'Championship'.

6 or 7 races, all over again. :yuck:
 
Back