Wheel cheating.

United Kingdom
Wigan
iiHiiNDLEYx
I'm fairly new to drifting and don't have the time (or will power) to put put in 2-3 months to learn how to drift with my 900 wheel. So I'm asking you if you think it is cheating to switch the wheel over to 180 rotation and drift like that?

I don't think that is cheating, more like only making drifting easier. Trust me, it's way more fun and rewarding utilizing the whole wheel rotation, even though it would take some time to learn.

I agree with the others, what is the point of buying a wheel to make driving games more 'realistic' when you just mess with the settings until it is un-realistic. Surely it is just a waste of money, but hey it's your wheel so please yourself.

You'll be missing out... Honestly I think using only 180 degrees would make wheel drifting MUCH harder because the movement would be so sensitive..

Well it's cheating yourself really. How could one honestly claim to be a wheel drifter? When you're only using a small part of it? Using a 900 or(1080) degree wheel takes some skill and learning. And you would cheat yourself out of that experience. Plus once you get it, there is great reward in knowing you could do it.:)👍

Even if you don't have a lot of time, practice as much as you can, watch on board videos, and look back at your mess ups to see how you can overcome those mistakes.

As others said, you're just wasting money. 180 degrees is like drifting with a DS3, just with a steering wheel and pedals. 900 degrees drifting is really fun and it brings out the drifting realism to GT5 as well.

I'd stick with 900,I have had my wheel a long time but don't use it much but nothing beats the buzz you get when you manage to drift a corner.

Last edited:
parksideu14
I'm fairly new to drifting and don't have the time (or will power) to put put in 2-3 months to learn how to drift with my 900 wheel. So I'm asking you if you think it is cheating to switch the wheel over to 180 rotation and drift like that?

Dude I learned in like 2 weeks

Back