Wheel compatability?

• Thread starter str8shtr
  • 18 comments
str8shtr
Can anyone confirm that PS4 Fanatec wheels other than the CSL gear will be made compatible by a patch? Any Fanatec owners out there heard of or found a work around yet? This is a massive let down if it cannot be rectified. . . . . . . Please advise

Can anyone confirm that PS4 Fanatec wheels other than the CSL gear will be made compatible by a patch? Any Fanatec owners out there heard of or found a work around yet? This is a massive let down if it cannot be rectified. . . . . . . Please advise
You will need the Chronusmax or similar box, the PS4 requires a hardware chip to be installed in the controller for it to be recognized. Obviously Fanatec(or any other OEM) isnt going to add that into their old products.

Thanks super_gt and Epic_Ninja420, I use to use a CronusMax adapter when they first came out, great product. This is encouraging news, my copy of GT Sport was pre-ordered last year and Amazon sent it before I realized what was going on. Has anyone actually succeeded using a Fanatec wheel and base pedals etc on GT Sport with no issues?

Thanks super_gt and Epic_Ninja420, I use to use a CronusMax adapter when they first came out, great product. This is encouraging news, my copy of GT Sport was pre-ordered last year and Amazon sent it before I realized what was going on. Has anyone actually succeeded using a Fanatec wheel and base pedals etc on GT Sport with no issues?
I personally havent tried it but a buddy of mine has an older Fanatec wheel and is getting one so he can use it. Obviously my CSL Elite works(kinda) but its good enough until PD patches in native support.

Epic_Ninja420 - have PD actually stated officially that a patch is in the pipeline and is it uniquely for CSL equipment, do you know?

I am using a TX Thrustmaster with FAnatec Clubsports V3 and it works flawlessly.
Are you using it directly plugged into the PS4 and it works? or using something like the CronusMax? Wish I had thought to try my TX with the demo.
I used a wheel with GT5&6(G27), but don't have a PS4 wheel and I'm on the fence about picking up GTS due to so much of it being online competition and not being sure my skills with the DS4 would be up to snuff for online... if the TX wheel I use for PC works with it then it would be an easy buy.

Are you using it directly plugged into the PS4 and it works? or using something like the CronusMax? Wish I had thought to try my TX with the demo.
I used a wheel with GT5&6(G27), but don't have a PS4 wheel and I'm on the fence about picking up GTS due to so much of it being online competition and not being sure my skills with the DS4 would be up to snuff for online... if the TX wheel I use for PC works with it then it would be an easy buy.

I am using Drivehub

DriveHub ordered! Now I'm getting pumped for GT Sport in spite of some of the likes and dislikes I have for it. Proof is in the pudding though.

Fanatec released new firmware for the csl e yesterday that adds a compatibility mode that works with gt sport. So make sure you have the latest firmware. But the ffb is still crap after all these years they still don't have it right I get better road feel from my jeep on 37s.

Latest Posts

Back