Wheel controller on Xbox with the clutch required?

• Thread starter NickD0123
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
So the last time I played a horizon game it was horizon 2. I just started playing horizon 5 and I used a wheel controller, clutch , and stick shift for both games on Xbox. Now Its been a little while since I played horizon 2 so maybe I don't remember this correctly but it seems the clutch doesn't work the same. I feel like In horizon 2 with my transmission set on manual W/clutch , the clutch was required to shift. Like If I tried to shift with just the stick shift, it would stay in the previous gear and I'd have to use the clutch. Now in 5 it recognizes the clutch but I can still shift without it. Are there settings I'm missing or am I wrong in thinking the clutch used to be required to shift ? Thanks !

You can still change gear in the FM/FH games when setting to manual with clutch, however it takes longer to do and isn't as smooth as when you press the clutch. It's to stop people from getting annoyed when they forget to hit the clutch when changing.

Best way to test it is driving along at triple figures with the stock clutch - change up using the clutch with the accelerator held down, then change up without the clutch and full gas - you'll notice a marked increase in time before the gear engages and you can carry on accelerating.

You can still change gear in the FM/FH games when setting to manual with clutch, however it takes longer to do and isn't as smooth as when you press the clutch. It's to stop people from getting annoyed when they forget to hit the clutch when changing.

Best way to test it is driving along at triple figures with the stock clutch - change up using the clutch with the accelerator held down, then change up without the clutch and full gas - you'll notice a marked increase in time before the gear engages and you can carry on accelerating.
Yeah I thought I might be misremembering that, but that makes sense I'll try that out and see the difference one way and the other. Thanks!

Back