wheel drifting.

Hello guys!
It took a while for me to start drifting, even if I am not practicing to drift so often. But I was just interested to learn the technique.
As I read the replies, nobody mentioned about one thing, and this a mistake number one and most common: while drifting never look to the front of the car, always look to that direction where you want your car to go otherwise you will understeer.

Hello guys!
It took a while for me to start drifting, even if I am not practicing to drift so often. But I was just interested to learn the technique.
As I read the replies, nobody mentioned about one thing, and this a mistake number one and most common: while drifting never look to the front of the car, always look to that direction where you want your car to go otherwise you will understeer.

First of all, welcome to :gtplanet: ! And secondly, I would like to mention that I half-agree with your statement. In GT5, the look left/right system is a little bit messed up, especially with the bumper camera. But when drifting in real life, this rule is very important and should not be forgotten.

First of all, welcome to :gtplanet: ! And secondly, I would like to mention that I half-agree with your statement. In GT5, the look left/right system is a little bit messed up, especially with the bumper camera. But when drifting in real life, this rule is very important and should not be forgotten.

Yea I never use the look left/right buttons... and at one point I tried setting up my ps3 camera thing because GT5 has head tracking, but it's just too inaccurate to be of any use really.

Yea I never use the look left/right buttons... and at one point I tried setting up my ps3 camera thing because GT5 has head tracking, but it's just too inaccurate to be of any use really.

If I recall correctly then the PS Eye camera can only be used in Arcade Mode?

I guess I'm a noob. I always use the chase cam when I drift because I like to 'place' the car on the track, not being content with simply hanging it out while going as fast as I can.

Correct. That's where I do most of my drifting anymore, but I don't have PS Eye. :(

I guess that comes after the TH8. :P

Yes that's correct and also a negative, aside from that the thing really didn't have a good middle ground.. it was either not sensitive enough and wouldn't track me at all, or too sensitive and would bounce and jerk all over. You pretty much have to build a room/lighting situation specifically for it to work properly.

I guess I'm a noob. I always use the chase cam when I drift because I like to 'place' the car on the track, not being content with simply hanging it out while going as fast as I can.

Correct. That's where I do most of my drifting anymore, but I don't have PS Eye. :(

I guess that comes after the TH8. :P
My advice; don't bother buying the PS Eye camera if you haven't already, because you can only use it within one area of the game already. If you're going to buy it for other games that support the PS Eye camera, then you could get away with buying it, but if you're going to use it on GT5 alone then that would be a waste in my opinion.

Back