Wheel problems with ACC

• Thread starter Biggles
  • 30 comments
Simcoeace
I haven't read this anywhere yet ... but surely I can't be the only one with this issue?

When I try to drive in ACC with my Thrustmaster T500 the wheel jerks violently from side to side of its own accord. Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggested solutions.

That's oscillation and prevalent in wheels with higher amounts of torque (stronger motors). The best way to get rid of it is to increase dynamic damping in settings and decrease gain. I've got my damping on 130% and gain on 80%, I imagine future patches will tame this.

I'll take a look at that, but I'm pretty dubious that's the cause. It's never happened in any other game, including AC.

I'll take a look at that, but I'm pretty dubious that's the cause. It's never happened in any other game, including AC.
It seems as though you're not the only one with T500 issues. I also have a very slight issue with this on Conrod Straight at Bathurst with my T-GT (possibly other tracks I haven't tried yet too) and I recall a similar issue in one of the GT games when Le Mans was introduced (when I was using my T500). Back then it was a wheel centre dead-zone issue (I think) and they just patched it.

This from @Andysan: First time out of the gate today (T500 on PS4).

After remapping the shifters to... er the shifters (wtf), the game is basically unplayable due to the fact that the FFB pulls left to right in a straight line.

Soon realised that this was because the wheel was in the lowest setting for rotation (change this by pressing Mode + Right together) but the only time I seem to be able to get the problem to go away is when using 540 on the servo base and 540 (ish) in-game. This makes it playable, but it feels some way off just yet.

Also, the game seems ridiculously easy - anyone else get that?

And these:

I experienced the same problem, even when rotation was set to normal values.
Sliding the 'gain' down to 60 or 70 fixed that issue for me.

Still can't get the T500 to work properly though. Shame.

I have exactly the same problem with my T500rs. The resetting to minimum DOR is annoying and I’ve felt the weird left/right oscillation in the FFB. After a bit of playing around I’ve turned the dynamic damping and the road feel to 0. This seems to iron out most of the weirdness in the FFB, it seems worse on some cars than others.
Hopefully between you all you can find a solution :).

Last edited:
Thanks for the input everyone. I have to empathize that this is not "a bit" of oscillation, the wheel swings violently back & forth. I'm going to mess around with it a bit to see if I can come up with anything. I'll report back if I have any success ...

This is what it looks like:

I have my foot very lightly on the throttle & I am not holding the wheel. The adjustments to the settings suggested haven't changed anything. :indiff:

Have you upgraded the firmware?

No. I've never updated the firmware ... I haven't needed to, as it's always worked fine with everything up to now. I may need to look at that, although as a Mac user I'm not even sure if it's possible.

No. I've never updated the firmware ... I haven't needed to, as it's always worked fine with everything up to now. I may need to look at that, although as a Mac user I'm not even sure if it's possible.
It has to be done with either a PC or using Virtual PC on Mac unfortunately. Any friends with a Windows laptop handy?

When I try to drive in ACC with my Thrustmaster T500 the wheel jerks violently from side to side of its own accord. Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggested solutions.
What gain setting are you using?
My wheel gets pulled left to right as well with a high gain setting.
I turned it down to around 60-65 to and now it's gone.

*my T500 has the latest firmware installed and still has issues with this game.

What gain setting are you using?
My wheel gets pulled left to right as well with a high gain setting.
I turned it down to around 60-65 to and now it's gone.

*my T500 has the latest firmware installed and still has issues with this game.

I'm assuming the problems you are encountering are different & not as severe. No adjustments to the settings seem to make any difference to my wheel. :(

I have my foot very lightly on the throttle & I am not holding the wheel. The adjustments to the settings suggested haven't changed anything. :indiff:

Same with my g920. If stopped I just give it a nudge and it starts doing it's own thing

I tried it for the first time yesterday and had the same problem on the T500RS.

First and foremost, I'm 90% certain the wheel has the latest firmware installed as I check for updates every now and then (will check this later though), and the last time I did it was a couple of months ago.

After the disastrous first run where the FFB did the non-stop swerving, I started messing around with the wheel settings and what seemed to work better for me was to raise the Dynamic Dampening a little bit, to 120-130, which created a sort of deadzone effect, and then dropped the gain to 40 or so. What this does, is it stops the wheel from trying to swerve from left to right to left during the straights, but the downsides are that 1) it removes a lot of feel from the wheel, it almost feels like your hands are numb when driving, there's not a lot of feel for what's going on with the car and 2) during corners instead of feeling like the car wants you to go somewhere else, the FFB just suddenly drops sometimes as if instead of swerving it's just letting go.

It turns that mess into a driveable setup, but it's almost impossible to try a go for a fast lap because the FFBs unpredictability along corners and it's sudden lack of strenght during them (due to the very weakened swerve nature of the FFB) and specially when dealing with oversteer... It's guaranteed you'll either be facing the wall or the wrong way in no time if you try to push.

I also tried the Mode+Right and set it to 540º of Rotation, but it didn't seem to make much difference.

I did a bit of research and found very few things related to this specific problem, but it seems like the T500RS is giving a lot a people headaches with very different problems, so it seems at least us T500RS drivers will, unfortunately, have to wait for the inevitable patch or update to correct this.

I have same problem :rolleyes:

got lastest firmware
tried different settings and nothing fixed the problem

and to be honest I don't expect any fix from these devs

this is definitely console port "design" problem
my friends has issues with ffb disappearing on T-GT
Fanatec user told there was some problems for him either (something with motors in wheel)
I think only G29 works without any issues at the moment

500 is the best wheel from "mid" price point, but unfortunately not for console usage

Last edited:
I have the impression that the T500 is not the common a wheel, as it was "replaced" by the T300. Maybe Kunos did not pay any attention to it? :indiff:

Last edited:
Having same problems here with my T500RS, and waiting eagerly for a fix. Setting gain 35 makes it drivable, but still with problems. I feel also there is no consistency with FFB, it seems to vary, even with same car/track. Maybe the wheel warms up and causes this, I’m not sure. Nevertheless, I still feel some great physics in there and potential for great enjoyment. Go kunos, you can do it, get the fixes out.

you do not need to upgrade the firmware if you play console. Try to recalibrate the wheel. On Thrustmaster site download or read the manual , there is the procedure how you have to re-calibrate your wheel or, if you want change the rotation angle.

You can use Bootcamp and download a copy of windows it’s pretty easy

The T500 is not working properly with the PS4 version, the weird left right oscillating is present most of the time. If you have a Pro and you’re playing in 4k or in super sampling mode the yaw is even worse, and the frame rate drops dramatically. I have submitted a ticket and have started a thread on the Kunos forum (link in a earlier post)

Any word on a fix yet?
Well, I think I kind of have a fix. I’m just about to build a cheap PC that will be capable of running AAC. I’m fed up of waiting for them to fix the mess they have made of the console game. I seriously regret preordering this sub optimal excuse for a sim, I’ve had it for three months and it’s been totally unplayable on my wheel.

Mike505 posted this today
20200917_224357.jpg

Back