Wheel Question

United States
Florida - USA
Flsurffisher
The F1 cars in the game are 7 speed right? The only wheels I've found only shift to 6th gear or am I missing something. Need a wheel that I can use in GT6 and F1.
Thanks for the assist!

The F1 cars in the game are 7 speed right? The only wheels I've found only shift to 6th gear or am I missing something. Need a wheel that I can use in GT6 and F1.
Thanks for the assist!
F1 cars are paddle shifted ! If you want a 7gears h-pattern , TH8RS

Fanatec Clubsport shifter has seventh gear as well. Personally though, considering the types of vehicles that have a seventh gear, I'd be using sequential or paddles anyway.

This isn't a cheap answer, but yeah, Fanatec Clubsport gear is a good answer because you can use paddles (like real current F1 cars) as part of the default wheel, and then buy an additional H-pattern, sequential, or hybrid shifter if you want it for the GT cars that would make logical sense to do so. Of course that whole setup, along with a decent cheap rig (so add Playseat Evo = ~ 400 USD), is going to run you around 1200-1500 USD all said and done. I took the plunge though and dont regret it for a second, takes racing games to a whole new level.

The only wheels I've found only shift to 6th gear or am I missing something. Need a wheel that I can use in GT6 and F1.
Thanks for the assis...............

The only wheels I've found only shift to 6th gear or am I missing something. Need a wheel that I can use in GT6 and F1.
Thanks for the assis...............
Uh... Yep that's what OP said, although you forgot the last "t".

The TH8 RS doesn't work with this game, I've tried.

Logitech G25 (what I use) and G27 have paddle shifters and will do 6 or 7 speed (Note classic F1 cars in F1 2013 game are 6 speeds).

I use mine for GT6 and F1 2013

Last edited:
I have not driven that; is that the 1976 Ferrari - Niki Lauda's in 1976?

How do you get the Lauda car; or is it too late and was only for a limited time?

Thanks, I found it in Classic time trial; is that the only place you can drive Lauda's Ferrari? Really like the sound of that car.

Back