Wheel settings

• Thread starter United6694
  • 24 comments
England
Manchester
United6694
Ive just purchased a TMX pro wheel, went on Horizon and found it extremely tough with the wheel.

Has anyone get a recommended setup for all the wheel options? Don't want to mess about with them without knowing what I'm doing.

Has anyone get a recommended setup for all the wheel options?

I'll be brutally honest, put it back in the box and get a refund, or keep it on the side for any other games. FH3 is terrible with a wheel, it's strictly a pad game.

I beg to differ. The game is very sim like with a wheel, it's arcady with a pad. Don't have the game on to check my settings, but Just turn your vibration down to 50 and take it from there.

Don't expect to take turns at 160, but do expect hours of fun driving. When you use the wheel you have work with g forces. Smooth is slow and slow is realistic. Don't forget to clutch first

I'll be brutally honest, put it back in the box and get a refund, or keep it on the side for any other games. FH3 is terrible with a wheel, it's strictly a pad game.

I appreciate the honesty, I bought it mainly for F1 so not too worried about Forza but when i went on it was surprised to say the least.

I beg to differ. The game is very sim like with a wheel, it's arcady with a pad. Don't have the game on to check my settings, but Just turn your vibration down to 50 and take it from there.

Don't expect to take turns at 160, but do expect hours of fun driving. When you use the wheel you have work with g forces. Smooth is slow and slow is realistic. Don't forget to clutch first

I'll try that thanks :)

I played with the steering settings a good bit. I know nothing of tye TMX wheel though, I have a G920.
I set the steering linerity at 47, eventually, and bringing minimum force up to around 80 helped a good bit too.

The main issue is there's a metric ton of oversteer on a lot of cars, tuning can fix that if desired though.
It's certainly fun to take slower cruises around the countryside with the wheel. (With spontaneous speed bursts and burned rubber, of course)

I normally play FH3 with the controller, after work when I'm too tired for a wheel. I use the wheel on weekends on FM5 and AC.

I thought the same with my old G27. Horrible. Unplayable. I could not last more than 10 minutes before switching to my Xbox One controller.

However... Something unexpected happened. I just got a brand-new G920, and I don't know if it's a weird placebo effect as the wheel is new (since technically both wheels are the same thing), but the game feels... just fine. Absolutely playable. Did a championship after installing my wheel for the first time with absolutely no struggle. Yes, it is a bit dead when not taking turns hard, but it is very responsive otherwise, cars drive smooth, and it does have a decent feedback. After a few days of practice, I can now race offroad and all.

I did play around with settings a lot. Mostly FFB and Spring strength set very low in the Logitech software since it the wheel can be a bit violent when loosing control of the car. In-game I set the steering sensitivity to very high to overcome the vagueness.

I know this is an arcade game, but I do agree with HarlemG27, it kind of feels very similar tto a proper sim. It's a bit floaty and vague, but all the oversteer, weight transfer and understeer that you feel in games like AC and Pcars, is there too. Not to mention the clutch and shifter in manual cars responds as good as in those sims as well. Heel-toe and rev-matching is no problem. I'm even shifting left and right-handed depending on the car with no struggle.

FH3 has really impressed me in the past days honestly.

Last edited:
I know this is an older thread but in case others are on the fence about this, thought I'd give my opinion. I also have the TMX. Absolutely love it! I feel it's way more accurate than a controller. Yes it takes some getting used to but worth it. My 10 year old is a pro at it now, he'll never play again without it. Now to make the experience much better, rig yourself a handbrake,,,, a lot more fun and way easier to use. Not easy holding a button on a wheel and turning the wheel.

Attachments

• 20171114_072535.jpg
    20171114_072535.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 81
I tried the game for the first time with FFB yesterday thanks to the drivehub. I was using G29 and it felt horrible. Super light, no feedback, couldn't feel the road or tires, no vibration. I know that the G29 can produce great results, so either the drivehub is the problem (i doubt that) or the FFB in FH3 is simply very bad. I tried Forza 6 before this, felt pretty numb too, with almost no feeling for bumps or curbs, but at least the steering felt ok.

Edit: i was wrong. I had to update the drivehubs firmware. Now i can feel FFB.

Last edited:
After getting into pc2, I had to rethink things. Obviously the difference in physics/ffb is night and day. The more I switch between the two, the more I realized I had to do something. I wanted to properly enjoy my 50+ porsche collection.

For the past 3 weeks Ive been working on getting pc2 ffb in fh3. To me its almost perfect. Ill post the numbers once I'm finished, but the major factor is steering linearity which I set between 37-42. This could be a new "thing". It completely changes the game all over again.

Last edited:
After getting into pc2, I had to rethink things. Obviously the difference in physics/ffb is night and day. The more I switch between the two, the more I realized I had to do something. I wanted to properly enjoy my 50+ porsche collection.

For the past 3 weeks Ive been working on getting pc2 ffb in fh3. To me its almost perfect. Ill post the numbers once I'm finished, but the major factor is steering linearity which I set between 37-42. This could be a new "thing". It completely changes the game all over again.
I'd love to see what you've come up with. I've been enjoying the game with my G29 wheel for the past month - so much that I have no desire to play it with a controller, and only use one for particularly tough drift challenges - but agree that it could be better.

I set Steering Linearity to 45, left Steering on Normal, I think I increased FFB while decreasing vibration. It feels pretty good, but I'd love to see what you've come up with.

Pardon the delay. My Pc2 wheel settings for fh3 are:

Steering- simulation
Linearity- 25
Clutch ax in- 15
Clutch ax out- 90
Vib scale- 50
Ffb scale- 40
Wheel rotation- 900
Ffb understeer- 100
Ffb min force- 100
Wheel damper- 20
Center spring- 200

That should do it. I haven't played pc2 since setting the wheel up this way. Keep in mind this is specifically for the g920, but should be a awesome starting point for other wheels. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:

Steering- simulation
Linearity- 25
Clutch ax in- 15
Clutch ax out- 90
Vib scale- 50
Ffb scale- 40
Wheel rotation- 900
Ffb understeer- 100
Ffb min force- 100
Wheel damper- 20
Center spring- 200

That should do it. I haven't played pc2 since setting the wheel up this way. Keep in mind this is specifically for the g920, but should be a awesome starting point for other wheels. Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks. My G29 should be identical to the G920, so I'll give your settings a try.

Steering- simulation
Linearity- 25
Clutch ax in- 15
Clutch ax out- 90
Vib scale- 50
Ffb scale- 40
Wheel rotation- 900
Ffb understeer- 100
Ffb min force- 100
Wheel damper- 20
Center spring- 200

I really like your settings. I had been driving on Normal mode previously, but with your settings I was able to switch to Simulation, and it's great. It did take a bit of re-learning, but I love it now, and the feeling of understeer/oversteer is fantastic (better than I currently have in Project Cars).

However, I did find that Linearity 25 leaves me completely unable to drift. Dialing Linearity back to 40 let's me control drifts (as much as I can with a wheel) and makes it easier to drive at high speeds between traffic. It sacrifices a bit of the feel, but it's a worthwhile trade-off for the increased control.

Thx for the update. I use this setting for drifting. If I'm not mistaken lowering linearity increases the rotation needed during turns; so it should provide more control in any situation, but hey there's always room for improvement. Glad your enjoying your wheel, I hope more people try it. Its a game changer

Thx for the update. I use this setting for drifting. If I'm not mistaken lowering linearity increases the rotation needed during turns; so it should provide more control in any situation, but hey there's always room for improvement. Glad your enjoying your wheel, I hope more people try it. Its a game changer
Lowering the Linearity, as I understand it, increases the sensitivity and accuracy around Top Dead Center, while decreasing the accuracy farther from TDC. Maybe it's because I wasn't used to it, but I found it harder to get near misses at speed and kept spinning out when drifting with the Linearity set lower. Could just be that I was doing things wrong - Ken Block I am not.

I do agree with you about the wheel being a game changer. I switch to a controller for the Bucket List drift challenges, as I have much more control and a much easier time drifting with a controller, but it's far less fun, and I go right back to the wheel as soon as I can.

hello; I need help pls.
i have tmx pro wheel set, but I can not adjust settings. can you help me? For pc - Horizon 3
Please, Thanks
Can you be more specific as to what you've tried and where you're having an issue?

To adjust the settings you go into the Setting from the menu (or Options at the start screen), Controls, then right to the wheel settings (RB on a controller, right paddle on the wheel). The game should auto detect your wheel, but you can set it if it doesn't. Then hit button 7 on the wheel (you'll have to look up in the Thrustmaster software which button that is, or there should be a corresponding keyboard button) to enter the advanced settings.

Note that you can't change the default wheel button mapping, unfortunately. You can create a custom wheel button mapping by selecting Custom for the wheel rather than your specific wheel type, but I don't recommend that as the custom config doesn't let you reuse buttons the way the default config does and doesn't seem to support any more buttons than the default config.

Can you be more specific as to what you've tried and where you're having an issue?

To adjust the settings you go into the Setting from the menu (or Options at the start screen), Controls, then right to the wheel settings (RB on a controller, right paddle on the wheel). The game should auto detect your wheel, but you can set it if it doesn't. Then hit button 7 on the wheel (you'll have to look up in the Thrustmaster software which button that is, or there should be a corresponding keyboard button) to enter the advanced settings.

Note that you can't change the default wheel button mapping, unfortunately. You can create a custom wheel button mapping by selecting Custom for the wheel rather than your specific wheel type, but I don't recommend that as the custom config doesn't let you reuse buttons the way the default config does and doesn't seem to support any more buttons than the default config.

only problem is in-game settings.
Dirt Rally no problem, no assaultto corsa problem. Would you just share the fine tuning for the forza horizon .
I have problems in horizon races. I'm losing control

only problem is in-game settings.
Dirt Rally no problem, no assaultto corsa problem. Would you just share the fine tuning for the forza horizon .
I have problems in horizon races. I'm losing control
My settings for my G29 are:

Steering - Simulation
Linearity - 40
Clutch ax in -15
Clutch ax out - 90
Vibration scale - 50
Force Feedback scale - 40
Force Feedback understeer - 100
Force Feedback min force - 100
Wheel damper - 20
Center spring - 200

The above should work okay for your wheel too. If you're still losing control, try setting Steering to Normal - at least until you get used to it.

My settings for my G29 are:

Steering - Simulation
Linearity - 40
Clutch ax in -15
Clutch ax out - 90
Vibration scale - 50
Force Feedback scale - 40
Force Feedback understeer - 100
Force Feedback min force - 100
Wheel damper - 20
Center spring - 200

The above should work okay for your wheel too. If you're still losing control, try setting Steering to Normal - at least until you get used to it.

Okay thanks bro. i can try now...

Anybody have the Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara Edition and know how to get the clutch pedal to work? Everything works fine with Motorsport 7 but clutch pedal is mapped to one of the wheel buttons and not the clutch pedal in Horizon 3.

Anybody have the Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara Edition and know how to get the clutch pedal to work? Everything works fine with Motorsport 7 but clutch pedal is mapped to one of the wheel buttons and not the clutch pedal in Horizon 3.
That's when using the T300 config for your wheel? Have you tried using a different Thrustmaster config, or making a custom one?

How can I make a custom one?
When looking at the key bindings for the wheel, there should be an option to customize. That will create a custom config where you can rebind all the controls.

It won't let you use the same button for multiple things - such as having the same button change radio stations and select Anna options, as in the default config - but it should let you bind the clutch to the pedal, and later you'll be able to configure it for deadzone and sensitivity.

I think the issue may be that some T300 editions don't include the clutch pedal, and thus the default config doesn't either.

Back