Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,155 comments
Hey guys, I'm looking to uograde my rig. I'm probably getting a Moza R12 (12Nm) or something similar. I have a GT Omega Apex wheelstand which is suprisingly solid. I definitely want a full rig though and theres a couple of options.

1. I could get a rear seat frame for the Apex
I dont know for sure the Apex will handle the R12 though. Also I'm not a fan of the shifter mount in this setup as it's very close to the steering wheel with next to zero adjustability.
2. I could get the GT Omega Art with extra reinforcement. Probably a bit stronger and the shifter mount is a lot better on this.
3. I could get an aluminum extrusion rig like a Prime Lite, Simlab Evo, Trakracer 80..
Expensive, but very strong and adjustable.

Anyone here have experience with option 1 or 2 with a relatively high powered DD wheel? Is it good enough? I was thinking I could get the wheelbase first and see how the Apex holds up..

I also find the seats pretty expensive from the regular sim webshops and was wondering if you guys have any advice on that?

Option 1 & 2 no info from me. Option 3, I have a simlab evo rig and my only issue is that I did not buy it sooner.
Seats. Suggest you visit the local junk yard. Another option is to visit a local auto body shop. Good luck.

Option 1 & 2 no info from me. Option 3, I have a simlab evo rig and my only issue is that I did not buy it sooner.
Seats. Suggest you visit the local junk yard. Another option is to visit a local auto body shop. Good luck.
Thanks. What rig/setup did you have before the simlab?

The T300 served me well for many years. Now use DD Simagic Alpha mini for over a year. There is no universal mounting system. Some use slide rails while others use solid brackets to attach to the side of the seat. The largest issue I came across when going the junkyard or auto body shop route was the bottom of the seat, the rails, in many models do lay flat from side to side and even front to back. Because they do lay flat mounting them becomes a riddle a puzzle that requires DIY fixes. I had once used a seat from a crashed jeep. Always try to get the passenger seat, less wear. The Jeep seat mounting points were not flat. I ended up using pieces of scrap wood to level the seat. Worked great for many years.

Hey guys, I'm looking to uograde my rig. I'm probably getting a Moza R12 (12Nm) or something similar. I have a GT Omega Apex wheelstand which is suprisingly solid. I definitely want a full rig though and theres a couple of options.

1. I could get a rear seat frame for the Apex
I dont know for sure the Apex will handle the R12 though. Also I'm not a fan of the shifter mount in this setup as it's very close to the steering wheel with next to zero adjustability.
2. I could get the GT Omega Art with extra reinforcement. Probably a bit stronger and the shifter mount is a lot better on this.
3. I could get an aluminum extrusion rig like a Prime Lite, Simlab Evo, Trakracer 80..
Expensive, but very strong and adjustable.

Anyone here have experience with option 1 or 2 with a relatively high powered DD wheel? Is it good enough? I was thinking I could get the wheelbase first and see how the Apex holds up..

I also find the seats pretty expensive from the regular sim webshops and was wondering if you guys have any advice on that?
Hej,
I use option 2 since a few weeks and am very happy with it. I did buy the original extra-reinforcement for the shifter and the wheelbase-table. It is my first proper cockpit so I have no comparison. Especially the shifter mount needed the extras to be stable. I use the 8nm DD Pro and the shifter/handbrake-combo by Fanatec. I also have R12 seat which is big. GT Omega now also have bucket seats. If you have further questions, just ask. Greetings!

Hej,
I use option 2 since a few weeks and am very happy with it. I did buy the original extra-reinforcement for the shifter and the wheelbase-table. It is my first proper cockpit so I have no comparison. Especially the shifter mount needed the extras to be stable. I use the 8nm DD Pro and the shifter/handbrake-combo by Fanatec. I also have R12 seat which is big. GT Omega now also have bucket seats. If you have further questions, just ask. Greetings!
Unfortunately the bucket seats at GT Omega are sold out, or only available in pink… anyone tried them?

The Inertia seems to be a problem if you wear a VR, the Chase is too small for taller people I read? Any feedback from anyone? I am kind of forced to order from them since everyone else charges hundreds of Euros for shipping and they ship for free somehow

Unfortunately the bucket seats at GT Omega are sold out, or only available in pink… anyone tried them?
Not with their bucket seats, only with the rs xl. It smelled like chemicals so bad I moved it for almost a week outdoors to the balcony until the smell disappeared...

The Inertia seems to be a problem if you wear a VR, the Chase is too small for taller people I read? Any feedback from anyone? I am kind of forced to order from them since everyone else charges hundreds of Euros for shipping and they ship for free somehow
Re bucket seats, I thought most, if not all, bucket seats on the market had side mounting options. In that case, the ES1 bucket seat from Next Level Racing might be the way to go.

I have one, and love it. Boosted Media has one fitted to his rig, and swears by it. It has snazzu seat belts, too. Not that I bother with them, but they look cool.

Re bucket seats, I thought most, if not all, bucket seats on the market had side mounting options. In that case, the ES1 bucket seat from Next Level Racing might be the way to go.

I have one, and love it. Boosted Media has one fitted to his rig, and swears by it. It has snazzu seat belts, too. Not that I bother with them, but they look cool.
Yes, I saw the ES1 seat. That one is basically the only one available in Malta. Can I mount it directly from below on the rig (GT Omega prime)?

The T300 served me well for many years. Now use DD Simagic Alpha mini for over a year. There is no universal mounting system. Some use slide rails while others use solid brackets to attach to the side of the seat. The largest issue I came across when going the junkyard or auto body shop route was the bottom of the seat, the rails, in many models do lay flat from side to side and even front to back.
Thanks for your replies. Sgeti, what do you mean flat? I mean the rails on the rig are flat as well so that shouldn't be a problem? I'm sure I'll figure something out though.

I looked around for 2nd hand car seats. Seems like a better deal indeed. About a 3rd the price of a gaming chair and surely more comfortable..

Hej,
I decided to go for a 8020 rig. The cheapest ones arent that expensive (400 euro ish) and from what I understand they last a lifetime and can handle any wheel you throw at them. The adjustability and modularity is welcome too. I'm fairly tall and also might want to add parts in the future so I figured I go for it.

Thanks for your replies. Sgeti, what do you mean flat? I mean the rails on the rig are flat as well so that shouldn't be a problem? I'm sure I'll figure something out though.
The attachment points of the seat assembly to the actual car body. The four bolt holes. The rails on your rig are flat, the slider on the seat is flat, however, the attachment to the cat is different for each model car. Look below as example. You can see the front mounts, attachment points are unequal side to side, therefore the seat does not sit level to the ground. Also notice the seat on the right, the mounting hole of the front is verticle.
1713190347118.png

The attachment points of the seat assembly to the actual car body. The four bolt holes. The rails on your rig are flat, the slider on the seat is flat, however, the attachment to the cat is different for each model car. Look below as example. You can see the front mounts, attachment points are unequal side to side, therefore the seat does not sit level to the ground. Also notice the seat on the right, the mounting hole of the front is verticle. View attachment 1346796
I gues that's something that will differ from seat to seat. Hopefully I'm lucky because it's still pretty hard to find a good seat for a good price so if I find one I'm taking it home anyway. So far I feel like finding a decent chair has been the hardest part of building my new rig..

While I'm at it, another question. Do you guys reckon it's better to get a 34" 1000R 21:9 screen, or a flat 43" 16:9 for the same money?

Last edited:
Decided for a 43" flat monitor. I will likely add head tracking for more immersion anyway and this will give me a better fov. Further down the line I'll likely get VR too.

Picked up a seat. It's from a Ford Fiesta ST and I think it looks great. It's a bit small in width but I'll manage. From the looks of it mounting will defo require some dyi though .. any advice on this?

Edit. Some further research shows I can probably place two aluminium profiles perpendicular to the length of the cockpit and mount the seat on that. The difference in height I hope to fill just with some washers. Does anyone know if the seat profiles from the sim lab gt1 are wide enough to do this?

Attachments

• IMG_20240416_122730505.jpg
    IMG_20240416_122730505.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240416_122742964.jpg
    IMG_20240416_122742964.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I am not sure if anyone can compare these two, but I have a tough decision to make.

• GT Omega Prime 743€
  • SimLab GT1 Pro 599€

Price wise it will probably turn out to be the same since for the Sim Lab I have to pay shipping, while GT Omega ships for free.

I would also need a seat slider to mount my Sparco R100 and would probably get the shifter HB bracket (both from SimLab).

Thanks for any information!

Back