Wheel Stands, Racing Rigs Cockpits, Pedals, Wheels. Master List

• Thread starter SGETI
  • 1,133 comments
I now have tilt functionand height setting on my nlr f-gt elite with ers2 seat. It just needs side attach plates installed and then seat with rails attached to sideplates, pic added.

Also i drilled hole and then used saw to lenghten front hole of wheel plate to get also front screw in place for logitech g pro wheelbase.

Added mug holder with hole for also morning coffee mug with ear 😀.

Removed clutch pedal and slided brake to have straight line with my left leg.

Just starting holiday tomorrow so perfect timing.

Attachments

• 20230618_220237.jpg
    20230618_220237.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230618_220243.jpg
    20230618_220243.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230618_190638.jpg
    20230618_190638.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230618_190720.jpg
    20230618_190720.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 64
Hello Gentlemen, new here. Not sure this is the right place to post but figured it was better than starting a new thread. So I'm pretty new to sim racing, only bought my first FFB wheel last year, with an Omega GT stand for lack of space. I'll soon have enough room for a full rig so I bought a 6Sigma 6s Slim just yesterday. Price was not bad for an aluminum rig, tho there's almost zero info out there about it. Their seats tho, despite looking pretty awesome, cheapest one is actually more expensive on sale than the rig I bought, and all I really know is that they fit the rig and might be comfortable or not, depending who you listen to. Not really sure where to go from here. I know nothing about mounting brackets and what's compatible with what. Not sure the 6S Slim would work with car seats, I've had a quick look and there's a ton of cheap used car seats online around me, some nearly free. But I also don't mind spending some money for something that I would actually love. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

6Sigma 6s Slim
I am on my third rig. First was PlaySeat, second was RSeat S1, third is an aluminum rig like what you purchased. The RSeat had a hip hugger racing seat but far less expensive and much more comfortable is my third go-around which is a bucket seat from a salvage yard. And yes, it will fit to your aluminum rig with no real issue (maybe you'll have to buy or cut some bolts to length). Got mine from a You-Pick-It for $110 bucks.

Last edited:
I've had a quick look and there's a ton of cheap used car seats online around me, some nearly free. But I also don't mind spending some money for something that I would actually love. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
First was a camping folding chair. Into a passenger seat from a Jeep. Now is a Sparco I bought a new one to treat myself. If I had to do it over I would be looking at salvage yards again. Suggest when looking for a salvage seat try to find a seat in which the seat rails lay flat. Also try to pick up a passenger seat, less wear. Good luck.

Another source for a seat. Auto Body repair shops. I explained what I was doing and the guy gave me the seat from a wrecked Jeep. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. After I posted here I went for some online research to try and understand this a bit better. SGETI, if you don't mind me asking, were you not happy with your Sparco seat by any chance? or you just advising on a more efficient upgrade path, when you mention salvage yards? do you guys have an opinion on Amazon $200 seats like this one?

No attached file. The Sparco is 6 out of 10. The base of the seat is lacking in the cushion department. I will tell you this, if the Sparco broke I would seek a passenger car seat with a 2-300.00 budget.

Hey SGETI, sorry about that, still not quite sure how to attach files here. I looked around my area again but the "nearly free" seats I saw online earlier were completely misleading ads. the cheap ones were so beat up I couldn't even consider tbh. ended up grabbing an on-sale new "Rocker" branded seat for $206 free ship on Wayfair (same seat is $270 on Amazon). Let's see what happens, like most online purchases it's kinda like a gamble, hoping to hit jackpot
Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 3.41.29 PM.png

@LuigiTheBeast Had a look at what I think was the correct seat, my biggest concern is, how are you going to mount this seat? Does the seat come with a slide rail? Hardware? You may also consider using side-mounted seat brackets. The reason I mention side brackets, you say the seat is zero recline, side brackets will offer you the ability to tilt your driving position.

@LuigiTheBeast Had a look at what I think was the correct seat, my biggest concern is, how are you going to mount this seat? Does the seat come with a slide rail? Hardware? You may also consider using side-mounted seat brackets. The reason I mention side brackets, you say the seat is zero recline, side brackets will offer you the ability to tilt your driving position.
Hey bud, yes the seat does come with sliders already mounted but no hardware, like screws and nuts. The "zero reclining" is just their (weird) current branding for this product. It really is a recliner, despite the name. I've seen this exact same seat branded in a variety of ways too, IKON, Rocker etc. only more expensive. The screws are like 10 bucks on Amazon but I think I'm just gonna go to Home Depot and get some them when the stuff gets here. Thanks for all the help so far, really appreciate it.

Hello,

I am asking for a friend who lives in Lisbon and is getting into SimRacing. He is 1.98m tall, I am trying to help him to get a decent setup. He bought the 8nm DD Pro with the load cell break. Now is the question which cockpit would be good for someone as tall as him. Budget between 300-600€

Since we both don't speak Portuguese it is difficult to find local suppliers. We were checking on Spanish amazon and found Next Level Racing F1 GTCockpit.

Is this cockpit good for tall people (1.98m, or 6.5 foot)? Any other issues? If there is anyone from Portugal here who knows better options than amazon.es, it would also be helpful.

Thx

Last edited:
Hello,

I am asking for a friend who lives in Lisbon and is getting into SimRacing. He is 1.98m tall, I am trying to help him to get a decent setup. He bought the 8nm DD Pro with the load cell break. Now is the question which cockpit would be good for someone as tall as him. Budget between 300-600€

Since we both don't speak Portuguese it is difficult to find local suppliers. We were checking on Spanish amazon and found Next Level Racing F1 GTCockpit.

Is this cockpit good for tall people (1.98m, or 6.5 foot)? Any other issues? If there is anyone from Portugal here who knows better options than amazon.es, it would also be helpful.

Thx
If it's possible for him to increase his budget a bit I really recommend the Prime Lite from GT Omega.

I now have tilt functionand height setting on my nlr f-gt elite with ers2 seat. It just needs side attach plates installed and then seat with rails attached to sideplates, pic added.

Also i drilled hole and then used saw to lenghten front hole of wheel plate to get also front screw in place for logitech g pro wheelbase.

Thanks for your tips and pics on mounting the G Pro. I bought the NLR GT Elite, not the F GT! But identical wheelbase mounting issues. That advice is REALLY helpful.

Did you pass on your thoughts to NLR?

Hello,

Thx
Boosted Media has an excellent review of this rig. He gives it a massive thumbs up, and I think it'd be suitable for your mate. I bought the rig just down in specs from this - the GT Elite. Slightly smaller alumunium extrusion, but looks like it will do the jobl

Hello,

Thx
Check Toysrus online store. They have a good choice of rigs. It's ordered and not really available to try on site, but if you don't want to order from abroad it's a good option (I got a NLR wheelstand from them). Corte Ingles also has some options in their website if I'm not mistaken.

Let me know if you need help with the Portuguese. I can help with that.

Nice looking rig. Not too dissimilar from mine :)

Not sure if to post in here or make a separate thread, its quite quiet in here.

Got this triple screen setup at the moment which was temporary until I moved house (and have now done so) and wanting to replace the table with monitor stands, and proper frame rig

- 2x Mateview GT 27inch and 1x Mateview GT 34inch (centre)

- Fanatec DD Pro with 8nm booster pack too.

Where do I start with the freestanding monitor stands?

image_2024-02-16_111521759.png

image_2024-02-16_111605526.png

Not sure if to post in here or make a separate thread, its quite quiet in here.

Got this triple screen setup at the moment which was temporary until I moved house (and have now done so) and wanting to replace the table with monitor stands, and proper frame rig

- 2x Mateview GT 27inch and 1x Mateview GT 34inch (centre)

- Fanatec DD Pro with 8nm booster pack too.

Where do I start with the freestanding monitor stands?

View attachment 1328536
View attachment 1328537
Awesome looking setup man.

Need some help with my seating position.

I'm 5'4 and the playsteat challenge doesn't have much adjustability. I would like to have the seating in a more upright position but if I do that the wheel becomes too close to my chest. I can try swapping the base plate position, but I'm lazy so if you guys think this is ok I won't change.

I don't find this position uncomfortable, but because I'm short the wheel angle is a bit off otherwise my view gets blocked.

Would you say this is ok?

Thanks

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240303-142155.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240303-142155.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
but I'm lazy so if you guys this is ok I won't change.

Short and sweet. Do YOU like it? There is no, one size fits all, perfect driving position. Looks fine to me. One thing you may want to try is moving you rig as close as possible to the TV, even put the base inside the cabinet? Raise the TV 15-25cm ? You have options to fit your needs, just need to try. Good luck.

Short and sweet. Do YOU like it? There is no, one size fits all, perfect driving position. Looks fine to me. One thing you may want to try is moving you rig as close as possible to the TV, even put the base inside the cabinet? Raise the TV 15-25cm ? You have options to fit your needs, just need to try. Good luck.

There's no way I can have the base inside the cabinet 😆 Nor the pedals.

I'll see if I can raise the tv a bit, but getting closer to the tv is not really an option and the closer I get my view gets more obstructed.

Thanks for the inputs and encouragement.

I have a GT Omega Apex wheel stand, and I am thinking of getting the tail end and turning it into a rig. But I am still conflicted due to how the tail end is designed. I'd feel better about the price and getting the unit if it were more solid instead of the bars that don't go the full length of the chair pedestal with a cross brace. If it were designed closer to the classic stand's seat, it would be a much easier purchase for me.

Instead of spending the $400 for the aft end of the Apex, I am probably better off spending a little more and getting the Titan. That's $680 on GT Omega's site. Anyone know of any better options for around that price? One option I am also considering is getting the ASR3 from Advanced Sim Racing and getting a seat from Summit or something.

Also I'm in the US, and it seems that our options are very limited.

@Dopplegagger Here is an option, you need to research S&H. Bought one a few years ago and only wish I had bought one sooner.
Options for the seat, Auto salvage yard, auto body repair shop, Usual price is around $50-75. If they give you a choice always go with the passenger seat, less wear. Good luck.

I have a GT Omega Apex wheel stand, and I am thinking of getting the tail end and turning it into a rig. But I am still conflicted due to how the tail end is designed. I'd feel better about the price and getting the unit if it were more solid instead of the bars that don't go the full length of the chair pedestal with a cross brace. If it were designed closer to the classic stand's seat, it would be a much easier purchase for me.

Instead of spending the $400 for the aft end of the Apex, I am probably better off spending a little more and getting the Titan. That's $680 on GT Omega's site. Anyone know of any better options for around that price? One option I am also considering is getting the ASR3 from Advanced Sim Racing and getting a seat from Summit or something.

Also I'm in the US, and it seems that our options are very limited.
I've got a Titan, had it for around 2 years now and would recommend it. Great bit of kit, less flexible than an 80:20 rig, but cheaper and very sturdy.

Back