Wheel Users : Do you have PSVR ...Yet

  • Thread starter Thread starter JacksHerer
  • 40 comments
  • 2,968 views

So you have already bought a wheel, have you got PSVR


  • Total voters
    76
If you think GT Sport with a wheel is amazing, you haven't played Dirt Rally with PSVR. That game is easily worth the price of admission into VR.
 
Will not be getting it either in its current incarnation.
It could well be an amazing experience but I dont want that thing on my head.
Also blocking out my senses.
 
Not getting PSVR until the next gen of consoles. Until then, I don't think it's worth it. Especially if all I'm playing right now is GT Sport with it's ultra limited support.
 
If you think GT Sport with a wheel is amazing, you haven't played Dirt Rally with PSVR. That game is easily worth the price of admission into VR.
I dusted off Dirt Rally VR yesterday, the first time in 3 months, I used to be good at it, I kept crashing:crazy:
It is the best VR driving experience on PS4, but going into VR in GTS afterwards, just looked perfect.
 
Planned on getting it, but the super limited VR support in GTS is just not worth it.
When we get full support, I will reconsider it.
 
Maybe one day, but it seems a bit early to get into VR for me.
 
Nope, don't have PSVR and don't gonna buy it either..

Racing games are perfect for VR but the PS4 lacks performance and Sony's policy don't allow to make VR compatibility "only on" PS4 Pro that I expect a bit more capable to offer full game in VR.

I've tried the oculus with Assetto, pcars 1 & 2,iracing and it's a great experience, needs some more resolution but the immersion is impressive.

On PS4 the only full game in VR is Dirt rally (with paid DLC meanwhile on PC the VR compatibility was added for free...)
And driveclub is a stand alone version made with less cars, events, AI, no dinamic climate changes and really downed down.

GT sport VR is a just a little experience, for me not at all worth what the PSVR cost.

Maybe in PS5 with an PSVR2 I will do the step if I don't move to PC (best platform for racing simulation games)
 
I don't think PSVR2 will come out until the PS6 or maybe even the PS7 comes out, it is a shame that Sonys policy restricts PSVR on the PS4 Pro.

It's a shame that the view in the headset cant be expressed on a 2d screen, the in car graphics in GTS are good enough on the PS4, the scenery isn't limited by the headset, but by the PS4, that's why I doubt PSVR2 will come out until the playstation has a lot more power.
 
Yep, 1v1 slow AI in GTS is a let down, I get more fun out of timing my VR laps to my TV laps now, especially on sports hard tires.
There are other PSVR games that do have 6 grid races.

Driveclub VR gets knocked, but if you're a Sunday driver, it's great besides going to the pub and church.
 
I wonder how much more game the rest of us would have if they never did any PSVR work.

I am sure it's cool, but was the effort worth the return?
 
No and I won't buy it.
Next generation tech probably reveals the power of console vr. Then I'll do the move: "PS5 + PSVR II"
 
I got it and a wheel. GT:Sport is the only game I've played that makes me motion sick :'(
 
I have it, even bought it because when psvr was announced they said GT sport had support for it, but with the limited VR content i havent bothered to try it yet. I also wonder why they didn't add vr support to timetrials?
 
I'm hoping VR time trial support will come soon, at least the AI doesnt get in the way, so it's possible to 'time trial' as long as you look at the dash time when you cross the start/finish line.

@seizure_ I loved your video, had a quick look for a Cobra real drive on your channel, hopefully its in the making :bowdown:

You managed to capture what I feel in VR, I'm never going to get to sit in these cars in real life, if I still suffered motion sickness I would still be happy sitting stationery and inspecting the interior switches etc.

P.S. have you noticed the shadows are real
 
Last edited:
Wondering how many wheel users have got PSVR.

If not, what are you waiting for? It's amazing.

Here are the "PSVR truths"

Those who criticize the resolution in PSVR haven't tried PSVR
Those who love it have tried it
The sense of "being there" is truly amazing
GTS provides a PSVR experience which is less than the full game, and is scarcely a reason on its own to buy PSVR
The Honda open-wheeler is awesome in GTS PSVR
VR can cause nausea, so take it in small doses until you get used to it
There are many PSVR games, both racing and non-racing
If you liked Skyrim, you owe it to yourself to experience Skyrim VR
 
Nah. Doesn't have the support.

I've got my Rift and I've used it with a few racing/cockpit games and they're all great.
 
I'm hoping VR time trial support will come soon, at least the AI doesnt get in the way, so it's possible to 'time trial' as long as you look at the dash time when you cross the start/finish line.

@seizure_ I loved your video, had a quick look for a Cobra real drive on your channel, hopefully its in the making :bowdown:

You managed to capture what I feel in VR, I'm never going to get to sit in these cars in real life, if I still suffered motion sickness I would still be happy sitting stationery and inspecting the interior switches etc.

P.S. have you noticed the shadows are real


thanks alot @JacksHerer for your kind words! will continue to make more videos and I noted your request. yes, i noted the shadows are rendered in real time :) will be doing a Cobra in the next few days for your viewing pleasure. cheers mate.
 
GTS is pretty good on psvr, there just isn't anything to do besides tour the tracks. The one AI car simply moves over, even indicates for you to pass. Why is he even there.

It would be great if you could do qualifying laps for sport races with psvr. I don't see why that shouldn't be possible. Then import ps2 models for the cars and let me do full races in PSVR. I don't care what the other cars look like.

Btw PSVR does not block out your senses, unless you play with headphones on. Much better without anyway. When you're racing you're staring at the screen anyway oblivious to what's going on around you!
 
Having 360 degree audio is something else too, being able to turn your head and hear the engine, as long as you have put the earphones in the correct ears :D

Listening to your review, I was reminded of Daft Punk Giorgio by Moroder - in a good way. Looking forward to the Cobra review.

I hope there are VR racing gloves by the time the playstation has the power. So we could use the in car radio, windows, sunroof etc etc.

PSVR with Skyrim is/was on January sale for £250
 
I have PSVR, GT Sport and wheel but have yet to try VR mode in GT Sport yet....
Have PSVR packed away and everytime I think about trying it with GT Sport something comes up and I can't be bothered setting it all up.
 
I'm lucky to have mine all attached inside a cupboard, so I only have the headset and cable in view when I'm using it.

It will be worth setting up for when this new car update drops, If that is a diablo, I can't wait to inspect the interior and visibility.
 
im just going to drop this here. I only have a regular PS4 so quality isnt that great but hey, it works:



and

 
Wondering how many wheel users have got PSVR.

If not, what are you waiting for? It's amazing.

I had PSVR, didn't like it and returned to the store. Not amazing at all for me. My Nokia 3150 had better resolution few decades ago.
 
Back