Wheel users, which settings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter That-guy-again
  • 40 comments
  • 3,845 views

Wheel physics setting

  • Amatuer

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Professional

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Real

    Votes: 58 84.1%

  • Total voters
    69

That-guy-again

(Banned)
Messages
54
Messages
Thatguyagain42
I'm new to the wheel, a little over a week. I love it and could never go back. I was adjusting my force feed back settings and noticed amatuer, professional, simulation, for driving physics. I found that professional felt much smoother and controllable for me over amatuer. What do you use?
 
Last edited:
Simulation Mode, Power Steer [OFF]( I rarely turn this on for some reasons), Active Steering[OFF], FFB[9].
 
Simulation, Power Steer off, FFB 2 👍


All the best
Maz
 
Fully maxed out everything, pleased.
(Hope it won't burn a motor)
 
FYI the Am/Pro/Real settings only apply to older wheels - it has no effect on DFGT, G25/G27
 
Sim, Power Steering off, FFB 10.

But like suXin I do worry about my FFB motors, My G25 has had Hundreds of hours of use.
 
I have a DFP (thats over 5 years old), I run Real, and FFB 10.

I get some clunks from the FFB now and then, I think my wheel is probably gonna give up the ghost sooner or later. It had a good life though!
 
FYI the Am/Pro/Real settings only apply to older wheels - it has no effect on DFGT, G25/G27

Indeed, so, you might want to add DFGT and G25/G27 to the poll :D
 
whatever you do, don´t run FFB on 10 when rally/ing with the g27 :P

it will rattle its ass off!
 
sorry to be slightly off topic guys but I just got a DFGT today and have plugged it into the PS3. The buttons on the wheel work fine, I can trawl thru menus using the wheel but when I go to the time trials to test the wheel for the first time, the steering isnt responding to the wheel movements at all. Do I need to change something in settings to get it to work?
 
whatever you do, don´t run FFB on 10 when rally/ing with the g27 :P

it will rattle its ass off!

My DFP shakes so much sometimes on certain hard rally turns it downshifts!
 
My DFP shakes so much sometimes on certain hard rally turns it downshifts!

what are your DFP wheel settings?

from memory...I think i use
"simulation"
FFB = 10
Power assisted steering = ON

I have almost no FFB in my DFP, but it works fine for PC racing sims...go figure! haha
:dunce:
 
I'm new to the wheel, a little over a week. I love it and could never go back. I was adjusting my force feed back settings and noticed amatuer, professional, simulation, for driving physics. I found that professional felt much smoother and controllable for me over amatuer. What do you use?

What wheel are you using? People really can't help unless they know what your using.
 
FYI the Am/Pro/Real settings only apply to older wheels - it has no effect on DFGT, G25/G27

really. I'm definatly feel like I have to counter steer alot more on pro then amatuer.
 
Last edited:
Doesn't affect any wheel that's not highlighted when selecting, so probably not yours.
I set it on professional anyway, power-assist "off" and FF to 1 or 2, depending on mood.

All that clunking and rattling is hardly like driving a car without any other vibrations.
 
what are your DFP wheel settings?

from memory...I think i use
"simulation"
FFB = 10
Power assisted steering = ON

I have almost no FFB in my DFP, but it works fine for PC racing sims...go figure! haha
:dunce:

I have power assist off. However It was more forceful in GT4.
 
I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and I was wondering why my cars weren't turning like I wanted them to. Then I found out, I have been playing the game with the wheel set to 900 degrees. I changed it to 270 degrees and took my Ford GT to Laguna seca and was able to recover for over steer much easier than before. I think this is the way to go.
What are you guys using ?
 
I have a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and I was wondering why my cars weren't turning like I wanted them to. Then I found out, I have been playing the game with the wheel set to 900 degrees. I changed it to 270 degrees and took my Ford GT to Laguna seca and was able to recover for over steer much easier than before. I think this is the way to go.
What are you guys using ?

How did you change the steering degrees and is it also possible for the G25?
 
You have to press r3 + select + right paddle shift. The buttons are labeled on your wheel. After you press the correct buttons the wheel should start to turn in both directions and then return to center with only 1 green light on( the left one I think). Not sure if it will work for your wheel ,but it should
 
G-27 with mild and FFB at 4 - I have simulation mode set but like stated, don't think it matters on G27.
 
Simulation, Feedback +10. Using my trusty DFP until it dies.
 
Sim, Power Steering off, FFB 10.

But like suXin I do worry about my FFB motors, My G25 has had Hundreds of hours of use.

My G25 died within hours of being plugged in to the PS3.
 
It's confirmed using the 900 degree setting makes driving a lot more difficult. I switched to the 270 degree setting and continued the Top Gear Test Track intermediate event. Previously I finished 3rd ,now I have finished 2nd and the car feels like a different car, it still over steers and power slides but they are both manageable
 
Simulation mode with maxed out FF and 900 degrees.
 
O.K. I switched to using the 270 degree mode and I can now keep the car on the road, now I have to learn to be smooth again
 
G25: "Simulation", FFB at 6, power steering off.
The feedback is a bit strong at times, but also weak at other times. It doesn't tend to knock the wheel off-centre, so keeping it straight over the bumps is (too) easy.
 
Simulation Mode, Power Steer [OFF]( I rarely turn this on for some reasons), Active Steering[OFF], FFB[9].

The same for me

On a G25:crazy:
 
Driving Force Pro (Logitech), Professional (or Real sometimes), power steering ON, FFB @ 4.

I don't see how you people drive with the FFB @ 10, I've got blisters as is from fighting the wheel. I think I'm going to try the 270 degree trick since I can't "flick" the car back fast enough and have been turning down the FFB to compensate.
 
Driving Force Pro (Logitech),I think I'm going to try the 270 degree trick

I wouldn't call it a trick, it's just a setting that I think is more in line with how race car steering is set up
 
Back