When and how did you first hear about Gran Turismo 4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemo2
  • 41 comments
  • 1,492 views
Messages
516
United States
Washington DC, USA
Just wanna start up some conversation involving how you first heard that there was definate information about Gran Turismo 4 in the works(we all new it was coming). I remember first seeing the press release years ago on IGN or Gamespot, I immediantly went out and bought gt2 again to play through it. How did you first hear GT4 was on the way?

first timers welcome.

:)
 
I was on rather c*** holiday in Lanzarote, So I paid 50p to use the internet for 5 mintues and found out on IGN. And went home 2 days later and felt and urge to play GT3.
 
The first pictures I ever saw of GT4 was in evo magazine.

Until then I was busy playing GT3 and had never thought about GT4 before.
 
On here, because I'm too lazy to visit IGN or any other games site at all. Unless it is about San Andreas :D.
 
I first saw GT concept on ign.com so I knew GT4 was being made so then started to play GT1,GT2, & GT3 all over again.
 
I first saw it on gamespot...when ther was like only 4 pics or something....long time ago----
 
I dont remember when i first saw it, it just seemed inevitable, like spring after winter.

b
 
the first shots at ign and gamespot, brought a big grin to my face :) <- yup like that
 
anyone have the first officially released screenshot?
 
according to gamespot.........this:

ps2_gt40513_5pm_screen003.jpg


and according to ign.........i dont know because there are 149 pages of shots, and i aint bothered at the mo :)
 
It'd have to be the Subbie at Grand Canyon...

b
 
I logically deduced that they would make a fourth if they had made a 1 2 3
 
there were three shots released together from photomode in may of 2003 or2002 i think. The one above this post and then these two. The next pic is one of the first ingame shots, it looks like ass.

ps2_gt40513_5pm_screen001.jpg



ps2_gt40513_5pm_screen002.jpg


ps2granturismo4_screen022.jpg
 
that one with the mini shows you what the res is like on a computer monitor (because the tv doesnt have the best resolution)
 
I first saw it in a magazine, but I already knew it was coming out.
 
98cobra
I first saw it in a magazine, but I already knew it was coming out.

we all knew it was coming, but this is like you asking your parents where they were when the USA landed on the moon. What was your reaction and where were you?
 
Nemo
we all knew it was coming, but this is like you asking your parents where they were when the USA landed on the moon. What was your reaction and where were you?
I was in the store, picked up a magazine and it had a ton of info on the game. I was speechless at the screenshots.
 
I first read about it in PSM magazine about 3.5 years ago. They said Yamauchi stated PD was already working on GT4 before GT3 was finished.

The first pictures I saw of it was about 1.5 years ago. It was just before the 2003 E3.
 
I first, knew about it, when I first played GT3 and realized how damn good it was I knew they had to make a 4th one.
 
Same as ND4SPD. But i went searching for it one day when it appeared in my Game Informer mag and found GTp which i shwere i find everything now.
 
Who gives a ****?

Seriously, this applies to half the posts I read today in the GT4 forum.
 
The first screens of GT4 were in some magazine, It had very small picutures of a RUF and a few Japanies cars on Tsukuba, a STi on the Grand Canyon, a photomode picture of a Chrysler in a warehouse type thing and a EVO 7 On what looked to be a wet/icy rally course.
I found it on Gamefaqs.com's forum while looking for a GT3 walkthough :p
 
ND4SPD
I first, knew about it, when I first played GT3 and realized how damn good it was I knew they had to make a 4th one.
Ain't that the truth.
 
How the hell am I meant to remember when I saw some random game for the first time, I can't even remember last week...who cares.

Ain't that the truth.

It's a ! truth. Ahhhh I can't help bashing Gt3 ;)
 
I found it out here , on GTPlanet. Last year :rolleyes:
:)
 
Cosmic
I found it out here , on GTPlanet. Last year :rolleyes:
:)

same for me 👍 around 18 months ago, kind of expected it to come a little earlier!
 
About the time when Concept was being talked about I guess...been stalking screen shots since...

**must have gt4**

all I need is a van down by the river, a generator, portable tv, and ps2...good to go !
 
Dirkiyo
same for me 👍 around 18 months ago, kind of expected it to come a little earlier!
Yeah , it's sad but either this then an unfinished GT4 ;)
 
code_kev
How the hell am I meant to remember when I saw some random game for the first time, I can't even remember last week...who cares.



It's a ! truth. Ahhhh I can't help bashing Gt3 ;)


Your avatar rocks....should have Steve ( the croc hunter ) milking the cow too !

"Crickey, lookit the udders on this bessy....she's going ta make some spicey milk !"
 
Back