When did they change the exhaust note of the ZR1 RM?

  • Thread starter Thread starter McZachenF1138
  • 7 comments
  • 844 views

McZachenF1138

Out is the Daytona, in is the Stealth TT
Premium
Messages
2,153
United States
Pittsburgh, USA
Messages
sxezach
I am driving it for the first time in quite some a while and am surprised to hear that terrible sound has been replaced with a wonderful meaty metallic scream. :drool:
 
I think it was in a update not that long ago that they changed the sounds
 
2.06 is to thank for that. Along with the Camaro SS RM, these are the only cars I personally feel sound better. Other than that, they changed other car sounds, mostly for the worse. Here is the topic on cars with confirmed sound changes:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253968
 
2.06 is to thank for that. Along with the Camaro SS RM, these are the only cars I personally feel sound better. Other than that, they changed other car sounds, mostly for the worse. Here is the topic on cars with confirmed sound changes:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253968

The ISF (not the RM or Concept) also had it's sound changed (I think) - definitely sounds better too - but the same can't be said for the Concept :yuck:.
 
Same with the S7.
 
I think it's stupid that they changed the RM sounds and left the street car versions the same. The worst thing about the ZR1 and camaro is that it sounds like a honda with racing exhaust. The C5 ZO6 could also use a change. IMO this is PD at their best half-ass fixing stuff and calling it a day.

I always used semi-racing exhaust to give the car a nice sound even if i lose 20hp doing it.
 
I'll have to give my ZR1 RM a test drive soon here, don't have the Camaro RM though. As far as the Camaro goes, I stick with the semi-racing as well, cause it sounds WAY better and doesn't have those horrible looking side exits.
 
Back