When I read that PD had the Porsche Licence, I expected something like this;

• Thread starter redhed17
  • 40 comments
Look the fact we have Porsches AT ALL in a GT game is brilliant. There are a heap of great Porsches out there and it will only be a matter of time before we get some legendary Stuttgart metal.

Why should they add old Porsche models?

Why not? There's already plenty of other old cars and having some classic Porsche's would be great for Porsche fans. Much like many other old cars though I guess, for me Porsche has one of the richest racing heritages around so more the merrier in my view.

• Porsche 718 Boxster S
  • Porsche 718 Boxster S PDK
  • Porsche 718 Cayman S
  • Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder
  • Porsche 908 LH
  • Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
  • Porsche 911 Carrera S
  • Porsche 911-98 GT1
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Porsche 911 R
  • Porsche 911 RSR 2017
  • Porsche 911 Turbo S 991
  • Porsche 917 K
  • Porsche 917/30 Spyder
  • Porsche 918 Spyder
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick
  • Porsche 962C Long tail
  • Porsche 962C Short tail
  • Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
  • Porsche Cayman GT4
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • Porsche Macan Turbo
  • Porsche Panamera Turbo
Now I am no Porsche nut, and I don't know what most of those cars look like, and whether they would fit into the categories PD has set with GTS, but after so many years of not having a Porsche Licence, and getting around that with RUF conversions, I expected a large list of cars like the above for GT Sport. Now maybe some will say that it was a bit much to expect a load of Porsches straight from the off, and I would maybe agree with that, if they had added more Porsches with each update, but they didn't. :( So did they get the full Porsche Licence or a limited one! Or are they just being lazy. ;)

All those Porsches are from the Assetto Corsa article here, which prompted me to write this.
I thought your list was absurd to expect PD put all of those in GTS then I realised they're all in AC. Damn.

Wanting all these Porsches is unrealistic. Completely agree. Quite a few of them are very closely related so not worth the duplicate. That being said, I do find criminal that we get only the 911 GT3 RS for road cars. Sure, it's a great car, but come on, you have the LaFerrari and you don't grab the 918? I don't expect anywhere near that many Porsches to come to GT Sport, but at least the 918 and, maybe, the new GT2.

I'm not sure the OP said he wanted all those cars but was moreover commenting that perhaps with the Porsche license been more freely available that there would have been more in the game.

Thanks everyone for replying. :)

The point of the thread was to highlight, imho, that PD have so far under utilised a Porsche Licence they have been waiting so many years to get. The list was not a wish list, but a comparison to show what Assetto Corsa has done with a Porsche Licence so far. There may be many slight variations which makes it obviously easier to produce multiple similar cars. I did say that I didn't think that many of them may be relevant to GTS, but I think most who have replied have thought that there could/should have been more Porsches, which is all I wanted to discuss.

With every manufacturer I would have expected all current relevant cars on sale that fit in the various categories. With the big historic manufacturers, which I count Porsche as, I would have liked a notable car or two from each decade of their history, again if they fit within the categories. With Porsche being a new licence, I expected a bit more, hence this thread. :)

As for the work starting at a certain date, deals are not talked about and sealed in a day, so some preproduction could have been down before a deal was signed if they had an expectation of a successful deal. And they already had the RUF data too. How much the old data helps in the new game is open to speculation. ;)

Because there's a massive back catalogue of amazing cars? Why wouldn't you want old Porsche models?

PD's car choice is terrible IMO, always has been.
Unless you like Skylines, GTRs or MX5 Eunos Miata Roadsters. In that case, GT got your back!!

There may be many slight variations which makes it obviously easier to produce multiple similar cars.

PD is the master of 'slight variations'. It needs to be said that yes, KS had the Porsche licence before PD, but in saying that, i think had PD got the licence at the same time, we would still not have the same number of of cars. Maybe two or three more than what we have now

Back