"When I were a lad"...

• Thread starter spunwicked
  • 163 comments
micro_machines.cover.front.2.jpg

250px-Excitebike_cover.jpg

There was a game similar to this. I forgot what was it called...

1062854529-00.jpg

951421866-00.jpg

A couple.

Anyone else played Vrally ??

The original V-Rally was one of the first games I ever played. Back then I only really played split-screen multiplayer with my brother, but I decided to give it a go again this year after leaving it for about half a decade. God, just keeping the car on the road was a challenge for me :lol:

And did you ever enable cheat mode and try out the Rollercoaster Track with the Jeep?

Wiegert
The original V-Rally was one of the first games I ever played. Back then I only really played split-screen multiplayer with my brother, but I decided to give it a go again this year after leaving it for about half a decade. God, just keeping the car on the road was a challenge for me :lol:

And did you ever enable cheat mode and try out the Rollercoaster Track with the Jeep?
I think it is the First game i ever tried. I used to race my dad my brother was 2 :D. Absolutely loved it.

My God! How young are you? When I was a lad, MS paint was the only programme that had colour in it on my PC!

Count your blessings shem, When I were a lad I learned to use paint packages with this beast on the 520ST

art-2.jpg

Neochrome, 16 colours on screen at any one time! I used to squeeze more colours out by painstakingly mixing colours by drawing one pixel at a time. It boasted a whopping screen resolution of 320x200 with those 16 colours.

800px-Atari_1040STf.jpg

It's biggest strength was that it could do this (advanced for its time, honest!):

And this:

And this:

EDIT: It's worth noting that the ST's operating system was called TOS :D

Last edited:
Neochrome, 16 colours on screen at any one time! I used to squeeze more colours out by painstakingly mixing colours by drawing one pixel at a time.

Haha, I used to do that on my Spectrum. Image my joy at discovering you could interpolate different colour pixels to create a new colour... usually some variant of s**t brown.

Back