when is GT4 coming to australia

  • Thread starter Thread starter tyzone_gt1
  • 29 comments
  • 1,080 views
Messages
49
Does any one no ?
cause as alot of people here i am a huge fan of gt4 and since thay have finaly stoped the release dates when is it coming down under.
 
Playstation Australia site release date still shows December 2004 TBC.
Sony Computer Entertainment Australia site says November 2004.

My Local EB store says Feb 2005.
Most people here say PAL version is Feb 2005 from release dates given in Europe.

Welcome to GTP tyzone, remember to use the search function before posting because this topic has been covered many times. Do not be suprised if this thread gets locked by the mods.
P.S. Try to use correct spelling and punctuation in future as it helps other members understand what you are saying.
 
^^^ What he said:)

hard to say at the moment....

IF the release date really is Feb 2005.......it's because of the NTSC conversion to PAL right? But why should the conversion take so long? Does it really matter? 👎

And how come different parts of the world have different encodings? (PAL and NTSC)
 
The EB store manager told my wife the reason SCEE gave for the delay was "so GT4 would not impact on sales of other new PS2 games released pre Christmas."
 
Hmm well DVDCrave now have March next year, look I am getting seriously annoyed now with this game. I once was a avid fan but now I am starting to forget about it and look onto other racing games.
 
That would make sence seeing that the Sony will be publishing it. Anyhow, my local EB sotre at Highpoint said Decemeber 15.

I can't wait anymore!! It's starting to effect my way of life!!
 
On the shelves at my closest EB it says GT4 is coming soon, so maybe It could come out december. Only time will tell.
 
I think this has been discussed before. I'm not going to go any further unless someone shows me otherwise that this is new.
 
AUS release date feb or even March because there is 13 countries added this time for the PAL format, no way, I will be buying it from the USA on Ebay . My ps2 is chipped and I can't and will not wait any longer.
 
Uncle Harry
The EB store manager told my wife the reason SCEE gave for the delay was "so GT4 would not impact on sales of other new PS2 games released pre Christmas."

But how come they let GT4 ruin sales over in USA and not here in Australia?
 
My EB and local Harvy Norman both have March 2005 as their expected dates.
 
Uncle Harry
The EB store manager told my wife the reason SCEE gave for the delay was "so GT4 would not impact on sales of other new PS2 games released pre Christmas."

thats exactly what i was told.. i was also told that it will be out in Feb... we'll see.
 
clanks
AUS release date feb or even March because there is 13 countries added this time for the PAL format, no way, I will be buying it from the USA on Ebay . My ps2 is chipped and I can't and will not wait any longer.
Same here. Theres no way I'm waiting longer than I have to!!!Hopefully I'll have it a few days after the Japan/Asia version is released....Go the mod chip.
 
We might as well be guessing. Sony says this, EB Games says that, yadda yadda yadda. Everyone has a different version of when the date is. Hopefully it'll be cleared up in the near future and we'll know. I'd say late December/early January.
 
PAL covers both Europe and Australia, so I'm in the same boat.
 
Do you race?
We might as well be guessing. Sony says this, EB Games says that, yadda yadda yadda. Everyone has a different version of when the date is. Hopefully it'll be cleared up in the near future and we'll know. I'd say late December/early January.


i dunno, going by previous versions the PAL version has always been a couple of months behind. but yeah hopefully PD will clear everything up soon. :)
 
It does not take 3 months to create the PAL version, seeing as its not just Australia who get PAL its the whole of the UK and Europe. It may take a while for the Japanese version to be translated to US but from US to PAL meh. I just get worried that GT4 will turn into Duke Nukem Forever which has been in development since the dawn of time almost.
 
I just went down to my local EB store and they tell me March 2004.

I call BS. I would think February AT THE LATEST.

January for Australia I hope...........prefebly before the new year cos my cousin always comes over and plays GT Concept..........if we could make it GT4 for this year.............................

My PS2 isn't modded 👎
 
First of all I gotta get a PSTwo, but I'm not gonna get it modded. No way, Jose.
 
Neither am I.

I want an official PAL GT4 disc when its out.

Not some NTSC rubbish.......

Even if you have it modded, because the TVs here are PAL, the resolution is a bit funny and it looks weird. It would eat away at me every day annoying the hell out of me seeing the cars a bit thin and tall.

And we don't even know how GT4 online is going to be implemented as well so its best to wait for the PAL release.

I am waiting for PAL, no mods for me.
 
gt3freak_2001
It does not take 3 months to create the PAL version, seeing as its not just Australia who get PAL its the whole of the UK and Europe. It may take a while for the Japanese version to be translated to US but from US to PAL meh. I just get worried that GT4 will turn into Duke Nukem Forever which has been in development since the dawn of time almost.


the PAL version will have 13 different languages (from what ive read), not just english. so it will take longer to translate.
 
Yeah but THREE MONTHS??? I don't know whose doing the translations but they must be working in slow mo!
 
Mr P510
Yeah but THREE MONTHS??? I don't know whose doing the translations but they must be working in slow mo!
Yeah damn GT4 is not a book!
 
Is it really nessecery to have 13 different languages for PAL?

Almost everyone in Australian can read and speak English.

Ok...for Europe that maybe a different story but why do we have to suffer just because of them? They should do a different PAL one for us.......with just English or whatever languages that USA get with their release.
 
Mr P510
Yeah but THREE MONTHS??? I don't know whose doing the translations but they must be working in slow mo!

Three months is a maximum - all we really know from official media releases is that it will be sometime in Q1, which could be anytime Jan to March.
 
Leo_Straight6
Is it really nessecery to have 13 different languages for PAL?

Almost everyone in Australian can read and speak English.

Ok...for Europe that maybe a different story but why do we have to suffer just because of them? They should do a different PAL one for us.......with just English or whatever languages that USA get with their release.
I am pretty sure Eurupe gets a seperate version, they should since no other GT game has had any other languages besides English.
 
Back