When is Kazunori going to answer the GTPlanet questions?

• Thread starter Hypergolem
  • 159 comments

When will Kazunori answer the GTplanet questions?

• A: Before the end of the year

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • B: Sometime in early 2015

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • C: Sometime before the end of 2015

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • D: in 2016

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • E: in 2020

Votes: 32 10.8%
  • F: Never

Votes: 224 75.4%

• Total voters
United States
Boston
Hypergolem
It was May 21st when GtPlanet started the QA with Kazunori thread... It said that: "Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi will be reviewing questions posted in this forum and answering a selection of the most popular (as determined by votes/"Likes") over the next few weeks"

Now it is September...

Hasn't this been asked before? By quite a few people? The answer was then, and still is now, "We don't know."

He's probably busy with other stuff going on with his life & business to spend any time answering forum questions. It would be nice if he did but with the language barrier I have a feeling even if he did directly answer the questions they'd be just as vague as any other statement we've gotten from PD in the past. (Not saying that as a slam against PD, just saying that's about how things go with communication from them.)

Oh well, at the time the question forum was set up it really seemed like a neat idea & I was really looking forward to it. I visited the forum frequently to look at the questions and read what people were saying. But after all of this time it just seems odd, people posting and asking questions to.. thin air? :lol: I mean it's just weird, all of these questions and posts and the person that they are meant for definitively isn't paying attention to them!

@CeeJay

Don't you think that is weird that Kaz don't even speak english to be able to translate/respond to these questions?
I mean is kind of weird for a important game developer/race driver with so many worldwide connections not speak a language like that...

On the 8th day of the 5th week of the 13th month of this year...

@CeeJay

Don't you think that is weird that Kaz don't even speak english to be able to translate/respond to these questions?
I mean is kind of weird for a important game developer/race driver with so many worldwide connections not speak a language like that...

He probably understand the language, but most likely isnt confident enough to speak it without fear of creating confusion...

@CTznOfTime "Lousy Smarch weather."
images

I was wondering that same thing earlier this week. He did answer one (concerning the crap sound and the outdated technology they use to gather said sound); but we are all still waiting for him to answer anymore questions in the near future. :rolleyes:

PD has to be one of the most confusing entities in the video game industry when it comes to communication with it's users. At least with EA you know what you are going to get...nothing, because they suck in that department. With Blizzard, you also know what you are going to get...a great company with a great reputation with its relationship with its users. Why can't PD be more like Blizzard when it comes to user communication?

They already got what they wanted, which is good publicity for the game. The 'outsiders' to the community don't know he didn't fulfill what he promised, so they only stay with the initial information.

In other words, gaming sites think "hey PD is going to listen to the community. What a nice company"; even though they ultimately did not.

There's several hundreds of unanswered questions, with several thousands of 'likes' in total.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/kazunori-yamauchi-qa/?order=first_post_likes

Three of them are considered to be "answered" by the mods. Those are spots #8, #13 and #16 respectively, by likes:
1) "Will standard cars be in GT7 (for the PS4)" --> Yes they will be.
2) "Camber problem (in GT6)" --> Already fixed. No reply in the thread or any info from PD though.
3) "Would you consider having someone from PD communicate regularly with the fans"- --> Pit Stop blog, which is sporadic, one-sided communication consisting of blog posts. No interaction.

By "by the mods" I mean that those questions weren't answered by Kaz or by PD directly in the subforum, as it was announced. Instead, those three were indirectly answered, in interviews in different sites, adding the said blog and in one minor patch.

This means in actuality they haven't replied to a single one :lol:

Last edited:
Then I will say NO to GT7.

... And you're exactly the kind of person I'm sure he can't be bothered to answer. I'm pretty sure he's happy sat in his huge mansion, overlooking his collection of Lamborghini's laughing at the one person not buying GT7 because he didn't answer a pointless question. :lol: :lol:

...Don't you think that is weird that Kaz don't even speak english to be able to translate/respond to these questions?

He does speak English, has done so in the past and even Jordan has vouched for this.

In a business environment, when a language isn't your native language, it's usually better to have a translator who is better at speaking and writing the language you intend to communicate your public announcements in. This alleviates any possible miscommunications or the possibility of saying something offensive without intending to.

... "soon" would be the only correct answer :grumpy:

sadly, i think, the hole Q&A was made to pour oil on troubled water, when the community was rather angry and audible ... now, again business as usual ...

i'm done ... no gt7 for me for sure (after 3,4,5+6) r.

btw. where is our 🤬 promised course maker?!

really sad there is plenty of simply questions that could easily be answered in the amount of time it took too write this message

also the poll shows figures similar to a corrupt government's ballot count

Back