When PD is going to scrap the numbers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 50 comments
  • 3,377 views

AlexGTV

(Banned)
Messages
1,547
Greece
Salonica
After 6? I think so, just listen to how Gran Turismo 7 sounds like. Besides it starts being silly after that.

My bet is that they will come up with a second heading e.g. GT: Velocity or GT: Upshift.

Have your say.
 
I'm hoping they stay with numbers. Those subtitles feel very need for speed. Me no like.
 
I'm hoping they stay with numbers. Those subtitles feel very need for speed. Me no like.

What he said.

A name like velocity makes it sound very gimicy. A number sums up GT better in my mind
 
Numbers is fine by me.
 

Not much better IMO.

Keep the numbers. Final Fantasy still have numbers, they're doing alright. (just so long as subsequent GT games don't have the same amount of grinding... ;))
 
Not much better IMO.

Keep the numbers. Final Fantasy still have numbers, they're doing alright. (just so long as subsequent GT games don't have the same amount of grinding... ;))

Yeah Final Fantasy does it allright but even though I know what it means the XXIV, XXIII does get me confused sometimes...

But back on topic, GT7 is coming out in probably 12 years so not worth thinking about imho
 
we are just going to have gt5 v1.xx for the next 5 years. i'm calling it gt5.1 right now, eventually it'll just be gt5.99...
 
Subtitles feel inmature... Too Need for Speed-ish... Keep the numbers. Other great games like Final Fantasy are doing fine with them. Although, who knows. Like OP is saying, they might do it. If it happens, its just a name. GT will always be GT. No big deal...

EDIT: As long as they keep the "GT" logo, the blue and red colors, the full "Gran Turismo" name below it, and the "The real driving simulator" slogan...
 
Last edited:
Numbers are good, subtitles like that sound like the game is trying to be too "Xtreme".
 
Subtitles is what made the Need For Speed series silly. What would they be up to now, 21?
 
I hope they keep the numbers. As above, when games/movies start using names instead of numbers it just sounds too ... stupid/unimaginative/second class.
 
I'm with everyone. I hope they stick with the numbers.
 
I say stick with the numbers and just use the yr. I am guessing the next one would be GT2014.
 
Maybe PD can name them after the year they are released:
Gran Turismo 2015

:)

-Edit : @WRECKU : great minds..... :P
 
How about "Gran Turismo: Upshift" or "Gran Turismo: Aboveground"
 
Do you know what I find odd about the year labeling? That GT is not a seasonal game, quite the opposite, and that would be the most cheap - and unimaginative - to name them.
 
I think after GT5 it will be "Grand Turismo for ever"....
 
How about "Gran Turismo: Upshift" or "Gran Turismo: Aboveground"

Hehe, I thought too about "Upshift" (see above), but what about "Aboveground", I don't get it?

I think after GT5 it will be "Grand Turismo for ever"....
That has been done.

220px-Batman_forever_ver7.jpg
 
Hehe, I thought too about "Upshift" (see above), but what about "Aboveground", I don't get it?

I think he's making a joke in reference to need for speed games. (NFS: Underground, NFS: Shift)
 
Never. Besides, PD already use subtitles, just not in the main releases. GT Concept anyone?
 
WRECKU
I say stick with the numbers and just use the yr. I am guessing the next one would be GT2014.

I agree. Madden uses years. If they didn't we would never keep track.
 
GT3 was called Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec.

That was because there was supposed to be a separate b spec version also.

I think number are good enough, lol.

Gran Turismo: EXTREME

Gran Turismo Evoluzion

:lol:
 
It seems if nothing will be changed, they won't be able to make more than 1 GT for every consoles gen, so may as well call them all: Gran Turismo. See a PSP version for example.
 
Another solution would be to just have it labeled with the year it releases, like Gran Turismo 2015 or GT 2020 maybe. Though I personally have no problem with the successive number setup it has currently.
 
WRECKU
I say stick with the numbers and just use the yr. I am guessing the next one would be GT2014.

Slow down there cowboy, that's only in 3 years. :)
 
GT: Track Tricky,

First one to get the reference wins.
 
Grind Turismo or Grand Skyline Tour would be fine
 
Hehe, I thought too about "Upshift" (see above), but what about "Aboveground", I don't get it?


That has been done.

220px-Batman_forever_ver7.jpg

Ok..but i hoped more on "Duke Nukem...Forever"
 
Back