When PD is going to scrap the numbers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 50 comments
  • 3,377 views
I say stick with the numbers and just use the yr. I am guessing the next one would be GT2014.

by the time it gets realeased it would be gt2020...
 
Are you people serious? :odd:

Subtitles feel very Need For Speed? Please, get off the internet and for the love of God, stay off of the cocaine. That way threads like this can stop being created.
 
I think PD should just stick to their numbers. It describes what the game is and that's all that it needs to do, in my opinion. No subtitles needed. It only makes sense if a franchise generates a sub-franchise, so to speak.
Like NfS does with Shift, for example, or CoD: Modern Warfare.

Like, Gran Turismo Racing (GT-R :lol:), focusing more on simulating racing (with flag rules, qualifying and whatnot) instead of the 'collecting street cars' idea.
 
Hehe, I thought too about "Upshift" (see above), but what about "Aboveground", I don't get it?

Um, Need For Speed: Underground...
 
What's it matter? People are just gonna call them 4, 5, 6, etc...

Final Fantasy proves that you can just keep using numbers and get away with it.

Armored Core proves how confusing subtitles can end up.
They're only on Armored Core 5 even though there are a bunch of entries in the series.

A C,
A C: Project Phantasma
A C: Master of Arena
A C 2
A C 2: Another Age
A C 3: Silent Line
A C: Nexus
A C: Nine breaker
A C: Formula Front
A C Last Raven
A C 4
A C: For Answer

...Yeah.

Although It did kinda make sense for NFS in some iterations. Like Underground was a total departure from what they did before, and shift as well. But it makes no sense when you have NFS3: Hot Pursuit, NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, and NFS: Hot Pursuit in that order.

I don't think the year idea works that well unless you stick with it. Unreal tournament for example. UT, UT 2003, UT 2004, UT3... um what?
 
I think that GT5 was originally named as Gran Turismo: Vision.
 
I could care less about the name and more about the games content.
 
Gran Turismo: Not Pursuit and GT: Downshift could work. ( If PD wanted to mimic NFS.)
 
If GT 10 ever comes out then it should be called GTX
Roman numerals are awesome and GT10 just sound silly. However use words to make it NFS like is just as bad as GT10. IMO.
 
I was searching about the "vision" that I've posted earlier and i found this trailer, back from 2006.....
Vision Gran Turismo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOPO7swloAI

I dont know about you, but i play GT5 every day for 3 months now, and by watching this trailer i feel like i am looking a GT6/GT7 trailer.
 
GT10 will come in like 20-15 years. Why are you guys worried about it?

The numbers are fine, keep the numbers.
 
I'm amazed that this thread even exists. The fact that it's on its third page is nothing short of a wonder. Wow, people. Wow.
 
It should just same numerical. At least the main games should.


If they decide to branch GT off into other racing types, I could care less what the name is.
 
I'm amazed that this thread even exists. The fact that it's on its third page is nothing short of a wonder. Wow, people. Wow.

I will disagree that it's somehow of an obscurity to even think about GT games without the usual numbering. I'm certain people over at PD are seriously checking the alternatives about the future of the series. Ok, it might be distant future and sure the content matters more than the title, but this doesn't mean a tradition is carved in stone and not prone to change.

Thinking it over I decided that the most probable direction might be to keep the numbering after all but add a subtitle - like GT3: A-Spec.
 
I don't think it matters what they call it. If GT5 don't get overhauled to a descent degree it leaves all faith with GT6. If GT6 is remotely similar in flaws as GT5, life after GT6 with start to fade. At that point, anything with the word GT made by PD won't mean much anymore.
 
I think that they should stick to the numbers, as should the forza series. I think it gives a bit of timelessness to the series, not being afraid to show it's age and all. I just hope that, unlike the final fantasy series, they don't start making games out of order or making "-2" and "versus" versions (sidenote: I genuinely have no idea which final fantasy they are now on. it confuses me just to think about it, and I'm the kind of guy who can tell you the differences between all 22 997/2 911 variants!)
 
Based on what's going on now with down loadable content, I believe this will be the last numbered GT. Instead of a new game, we'll be getting "Upgrades".
 
Stay with the numbers... Just switch them to Roman Numerals. GT VI, GT VII, GT VIII, GT IX etc...
 
Anybody know the song from that GT: Vision trailer from back then?

Oh yeah, topic: Numbers
 
Who cares what they call the next title? It Sony be released until 2070 anyway?
 
I'm fine with them keeping the numbering for names, 5,6,7 is nothing compared to Final Fantasy which is up to 14 now...
 
Back