when will G29 compatibility be announced??

• Thread starter Pantheons
  • 60 comments
United Kingdom
Norfolk UK
Pantheons
G29 Logitech wheel NOT compatible with PS5, thats how i've taken the silence from Logitech.

If it was going to be compatible, it would be an obvious announcement to make asap, it would be good for their business.

If it wasn't compatible, it would make sense to tell nobody for as long as possible.

PS5 has been announce, the hardware has been finalised and production already to go, so Logitech already know if their hardware will work or not, so therefore I wont be buying a G29 wheel set.
So i expect a LOAD of G29's to hit the second hand market very soon, and thats when i might but one, cheap for a year or twos used.

Just my opinion, whats yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
G29 NOT compatible with PS5, thats how i've taken the silence from Logitech.

If it was going to be compatible, it would be an obvious announcement to make asap, it would be good for their business.

If it wasn't compatible, it would make sense to tell nobody for as long as possible.

PS5 has been announce, Logitech already know if their hardware will work or not, so therefore I wont be buying a G29 wheel set.
So i expect a LOAD of G29's to hit the second hand market very soon.

I think it's always safest to wait for official confirmation of support if you're about to buy a new wheel when it's getting close to the launch of a new console.

At this stage though, no third party peripherals have been announced as compatible yet so it's not just a Logitech thing. The only PS 4 compatible peripherals that have been announced to be PS 5 compatible are Sony products like the VR headset.

This is pure speculation on my part but I think PS 4 compatible wheels will be compatible as long as the companies (Fanatec, Logitech, and Thrustmaster) pay Sony the licensing fees for their products. One possible exception could be the T500rs because of it's age and lack of the security chip.

Dont you think this is also a perfect time to 'refresh' the old G29 (2015?)? make the old one not compatible and force people to buy a new one. I cant see them doing this in the middle of a PS5 or 6 cycle.
Definitely safest to wait for official news, but I would just be surprised if Logitech don't know already, if their hardware will work on PS5.

Dont you think this is also a perfect time to 'refresh' the old G29 (2015?)? make the old one not compatible and force people to buy a new one. I cant see them doing this in the middle of a PS5 or 6 cycle.
Logitech may very well bring out something new but I think they'll keep the G29 as their budget wheel and hopefully produce something else to better compete with the Fanatec (mid to higher end) and Thrustmaster (closer to mid range) wheels. With any luck a lowish budget direct drive wheel could be on the cards. That would stir things up in the wheel market.

that would be great, appreciate your thoughts.
I just think some news needs to come out soon, before the end of July.
No problems... oh and welcome to gtplanet :cheers:

Yeah I'd love to hear news sooner rather than later because I've just ordered a new load cell pedal set for my T-GT.:scared:

This probably means that the two new Logitech wheels will be the only one's compatible with the PS5. Just thinking out loud.

Which sim would you play on the ps5?

Serious question.
Most of the ones that are released on PS 5 probably... just like on every other console I've owned. :)

Edit: Just for reference, at the moment I'm playing ACC, Wreckfest, Tony Stewart Sprint Cars and GT Sport... with the odd dabble on Dirt 2.

The only one that has been announced, albeit with no date, is GT7. Yes Dirt 5 also, but that will be ps4 as well.

I will certainly not get the ps5 at launch. I know, different discussion, but it is related to the wheel compatibility.

The only one that has been announced, albeit with no date, is GT7. Yes Dirt 5 also, but that will be ps4 as well.

I will certainly not get the ps5 at launch. I know, different discussion, but it is related to the wheel compatibility.
For me it will be a big step up anyway because I only have the base PS 4, so it will be great to play all my PS 4 games on the backwards compatible PS 5.... as long as my wheel works.

G29 Logitech wheel NOT compatible with PS5, thats how i've taken the silence from Logitech.

PS5 has been announce, the hardware has been finalised and production already to go, so Logitech already know if their hardware will work or not, so therefore I wont be buying a G29 wheel set.
So i expect a LOAD of G29's to hit the second hand market very soon, and thats when i might but one, cheap for a year or twos used.

Misleading thread title is misleading. Please change it.

I don't have a wheel at the moment, used to have a thrustmaster setup when I used PC's for gaming. But since swapping to Playstation, a wheel setup wasn't as easy to place. But always looking and decided, i need it. So looking at the G29 setup only to find out it might not be compatible with PS5, so this is exactly the wrong time to buy one, so I'll be waiting a bit longer.
Ive played lots of driving games/sims, but right now I'm loving Wreckfest, nearly completed it (albeit with a pad)
I dont like the total arcade racers like need for speed, i need at least some fake realism, and i dont like rally, purely because i like to race other cars.
Would love to get assetto corsa new or the old version, really need a wheel setup for that though.

Trying to change the title, but I cant see where to change it....

....found it

Amazon have Logitech selling the G29 Wheel (and pedals) reduced from £299 to £215 (UK) and the wheel and shifter is 'unavailable' from Logitech. I would hazard a guess at this means they are shifting stock and getting rid of as many as possible, asap.
they have been making these for years, so to be out of stock now raises a little red flag to me. Unless COVID19 has anything to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, just to officially confirm, we're in the same boat as Thrustmaster and Fanatec: As soon as Sony confirm either way then we'll let you know.

Do not read anything into the current shortage of wheels: it is simply the effect of COVID, as has been the case for everyone. :)

Which sim would you play on the ps5?

Serious question.
Serious answer. Gran Turismo (maybe it'll be a sim by then)?

No other sim interest me, so far, to play on the PS5. If the PS5 turns out to be much more interesting than a PC, I'll play every new PS5 sim on the PS5 and forget about PC's.
But I need at least a very, very good VR headset at least.

Thanks @LOGI_Rich, it looks like you work for Logitech? Looks like you are even newer than me here?

Just bad timing for me, i now have to wait to buy one, or take a chance it will be compatible.

HI @LOGI_Rich how will we know if and when the G29 is compatible with PS5? Where do we keep an eye on?

I ask as I'm still holding off on getting a wheel until i know, especially as wheels (G29) have gotten more expensive in the few months.
£200+ for a wheel thats (potentially) not going to work with the new console and the worth very little second hand, would be a big, DOH moment.

Finally got a reply back from Logitech, not that it makes sense, but here it is
"Greetings!

We would like to inform you that currently the product wouldn't support the upcoming PS 5 more over we do not have any info regarding the product support in the upcoming days. Might be a firmware or software update would be released.

Stay safe!"

It looks like that particular agent decided to paraphrase (considerably) what we've told them, which is the same as I said earlier in the thread - at this point we're waiting for Sony to confirm either way and we'll let you know once we do.

@LOGI_Rich I was a huge fan of my Logitech Wheels, I had the GT Force, the Driving Force Pro, the G25 and then we were told the G25 wouldn't work on the PS4, I had many hours of play on the G25 and it was still in perfect condition, over the years I have also been improving my wheel stand to match the Logitech wheels, each one introduced new features and this culminated in an addition to mount the gear stick at the right height:

dsc01100.jpg

I then reluctantly bought the G29 and have it mounted the same way, I love the quality of Logitech pedals internals and that I am able to swap pedals to flip them upside down so the action matches my real car.

Since then with GT Sport being primarily online and my internet not being up to the task I have hardly touched the G29.

If there is significant improvement in the functionality of the product then I can justify a new wheel for the PS5.

If the new wheel is nigh identical and there is a couple of lines in the driver that check for a different USB HID then I will be left out next gen and have a very bitter feeling towards Logitech regardless of whether Sony are really to blame, as I have an expectation that you will go in to battle for your existing loyal customers.

I am sure you will find many in a similar situation to myself.

@LOGI_Rich I was a huge fan of my Logitech Wheels, I had the GT Force, the Driving Force Pro, the G25 and then we were told the G25 wouldn't work on the PS4, I had many hours of play on the G25 and it was still in perfect condition, over the years I have also been improving my wheel stand to match the Logitech wheels, each one introduced new features and this culminated in an addition to mount the gear stick at the right height:

dsc01100.jpg

I then reluctantly bought the G29 and have it mounted the same way, I love the quality of Logitech pedals internals and that I am able to swap pedals to flip them upside down so the action matches my real car.

Since then with GT Sport being primarily online and my internet not being up to the task I have hardly touched the G29.

If there is significant improvement in the functionality of the product then I can justify a new wheel for the PS5.

If the new wheel is nigh identical and there is a couple of lines in the driver that check for a different USB HID then I will be left out next gen and have a very bitter feeling towards Logitech regardless of whether Sony are really to blame, as I have an expectation that you will go in to battle for your existing loyal customers.

I am sure you will find many in a similar situation to myself.

Get a Drivehub and race on.

Latest Posts

Back