When will GT add Acura Lineup?

• Thread starter Gomez80513
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendly "totally legitimate not messing around no cap" PD rep here; we're just waiting for the licenses to clear, champ :sly:

but for real though, licenses. Licenses are why. Also since we're Acura flexing apparently, I can offer PD a 2006 MDX that's not even legally mine to scan for all three of you weirdos who wanna drive one in a game.

Expectation: Acura Integra Type R

Reality: It's a honda with an Acura clip via Undocumented Changes
All Acuras are.

Acura is an "American" brand. They're obviously just Hondas with some luxury trim options. If you want Acura, go to Honda; if they don't have the applicable Honda then you're basically SoL and can be added to the list of everyone else who wants a car that's not in the game. I would like to see Acura in the game, too, as I used to own an RSX-S. In fairness, PD can't add everything so yea.

On a side note... and I am not a GT Encyclopedia, but I think it was GT-5 that had the Honda RSX Type R. I would drive it all the time because I couldn't believe how it sounded exactly like the real thing. Obviously I had the real thing to compare it to (albeit one rung down in trim but still the K20 engine) and was just in awe with the engine tone of the game.

On an even more side note, I loved how RB ran Acura on the rear wing of their car at the race in Austin in year's past... nice little touch for us Yankees.

22689_motorlat-f1-gp-estados-unidos-2021-cronica-y-resultados-de-carrera-doble-podio-para-red-bull-y-primer-victoria-para-max-en-cota-v19.jpg

NSX being the exception but that's not really an Acura.
The 2016 NSX was really an Acura; aside from the powertrain development, the car was designed and constructed by Acura in North America. It just had Honda badges everywhere else.

That aside, nobody can answer the question posed, because we don't know if Acura cars will be added to be able to determine when. At that point it just becomes another wishlist thread and... well, car suggestions go here, as individual suggestions rather than en masse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back