When will GT6 servers close down?

• Thread starter hlar
  • 37 comments
Japan
Japan
If this question has been asked a million times before, sorry... đź‘Ť

I've loved this game and I've only been getting back into it after a break

Has there been any update on when the servers close down? I'm gonna be getting GTS, but I just can't imagine losing all of them great online servers :lol:

Thanks in advance

GT5 servers close, what, 5-6 months after GT6 went on sale? So I expect GT6 to be online until Feb-March 2018 at least. The only worry though is GT Sport is a LOT more online intensive than GT6, so PD might want to pull the plug sooner to recoup some of that server capacity :scared::nervous:

Whatever happens though, the biggest loss would be the Course Maker tracks. All of those mountain passes I've perfected gone forever :(

GT6 was released December 6, 2013.

GT5's servers were shut down May 30, 2014.

That's right, thanks for the exact dates. I also remember there was a Final GT5 Seasonal event where if you participate it rewards cars in GT6. Wonder if PD will repeat that again?

Whatever happens though, the biggest loss would be the Course Maker tracks. All of those mountain passes I've perfected gone forever :(
They may release a small patch that will allow us play these tracks without having to be online.

Hi,

I have only just got into get 6 over the last month or so and I am wandering, will I still be able to race online with friends after the servers are closed?

Hi,

I have only just got into get 6 over the last month or so and I am wandering, will I still be able to race online with friends after the servers are closed?
Once the servers are shut down, the game is essentially dead. They will probably patch it to keep all of the off line stuff working, but online will be gone.

I can’t imagine a game like GT6 to suddenly be offline only. There would be nothing to do once it was fully complete. No more open lobbies, quick matching, seasonal events, community features, or custom tracks; I’m sure quite a bit of people still play it and enjoy it.

It would become a permanent dust collector.

I hope they do the smart choice and allow those same people to continue playing GT6 until everyone gives in and there’s really no one left.

That sucks. I would hope we could still play online with friends.
It may be a long shot, but I am holding out hope that they will keep the GT6 servers up until GT7 comes out.

I am aware of what has been said about Sport being 7, but PD has said a lot of things that were not true.

I think every one of us that has loved the CM is praying for that.

Even if they patch it so we can use the tracks we already saved, we won't be able to make any changes or upload new tracks. Better than nothing, but it's still a game feature that is essentially gone for good once servers are down. I'm hoping there is a way still to sync locally, but I doubt PD will have time to implement that.

GT5 was shut down way to soon hopefully the same happens to GT6 so it will be fare because it will be so unfair if it gets to live longer online.

I think PD Sony will be watching how GTS does now that it’s out and make decisions around that when it comes to the timing in closing down GT6. After reading all the threads both the positive and negative experiences with GTS, the negatives so far seem to vastly out weigh the positives. In that regard GT6 might last a bit longer than expected. Although, I would expect to hear some news before the close of year.

GT5 was shut down way to soon hopefully the same happens to GT6 so it will be fare because it will be so unfair if it gets to live longer online.

I don’t see the logic of your reasoning.

If they shut down GT6’s servers, then everyone will be forced to migrate to the PS4 and GT Sport, which will be harder to do than transitioning from GT5 and GT6. How is that fair?

I don’t see the logic of your reasoning.I

If they shut down GT6’s servers, then everyone will be forced to migrate to the PS4 and GT Sport, which will be harder to do than transitioning from GT5 and GT6. How is that fair?

It sounded to me like what he meant was that it would be unfair to GT5 fans if the GT6 servers lasted longer than the GT5 ones did. But like you said, forcing migration to a new console and a game much unlike it's predecessors, that's what's really unfair.

PS4 is the best selling console isn't it? Maybe if they lower the cost of Playstation plus for short time it might help get people on to Gran Turismo Sport.

GT5 servers close, what, 5-6 months after GT6 went on sale? So I expect GT6 to be online until Feb-March 2018 at least. The only worry though is GT Sport is a LOT more online intensive than GT6, so PD might want to pull the plug sooner to recoup some of that server capacity :scared::nervous:

This is different. GT6 was a direct replacement for GT5, while GT Sport is not a direct replacement for GT6. Plus, GT6 was the last PS3 GT, a lot of people still play it even those that have a PS4 and GT Sport (including me, in fact I began playing GT6 again after GT Sport launched). I think they will keep the game up for some time. There would be too much of an uproar if they closed the servers.

Last edited:
No uproar when GT5 went off line so I expect the same when GT6 gos offline. The PS4 is the best selling console GT6 should get no special treatment.

No uproar when GT5 went off line so I expect the same when GT6 gos offline. The PS4 is the best selling console GT6 should get no special treatment.
GT6 is the last true Gran Turismo game. That's why it should get special treatment.

Whether you love or hate GT Sport, it is not up for debate that it is a RADICAL departure from previous GT games. Straight from Kaz's mouth as well.

Still doing the seasonals. When GT6 goes offline only it might be dead until I want to start a new career without the possibility to earn expensive/fast cars through seasonals... Not sure if that will happen...
So I hope the servers are online as long as possible.

Man, I'm going to miss those seasonal events. I actually get excited about them when they're released. So when the servers are shut down, I'm going to have to spend hundreds of dollars on a PS4 + GTS... Luckily Christmas isn't too far around the corner :sly:

I've been using the seasonals and QM to hoard cash to buy a lot of the 20 million credit cars. When the servers go down and the log in bonus is gone, its going to be difficult to earn money, again.

I've been using the seasonals and QM to hoard cash to buy a lot of the 20 million credit cars. When the servers go down and the log in bonus is gone, its going to be difficult to earn money, again.
lol I have every car in the game that's worth upwards one million and about a hundred 20 million credit cars in reserve for that I can sell for instant cash (about 6 mil a pop) from the Mercedes AMG glitch back when GT6 launched. I admit that sort of eliminated the whole point of working your way up ladder, but I couldn't resist such an opportunity and did my fair share of grinding in GT5 (especially the seasonals).

Last edited:
lol I have every car in the game that's worth upwards one million and about a hundred 20 million credit cars in reserve for that I can sell for instant cash (about 6 mil a pop) from the Mercedes AMG glitch back when GT6 launched. I admit that sort of eliminated the whole point of working your way up ladder, but I couldn't resist such an opportunity and did my fair share of grinding in GT5 (especially the seasonals).

With that much cash in GT6 you could probably buy every single upgrade for every car in the game and still have money left over. Not much need for credits when the game goes offline.

On a side note I just ordered an HDMI splitter so I can easily go between my PS3 and PS4 to play GT6 again. The only issue is not having the H-pattern work in GT6 when using the G29. Just not feeling any interest in GTS yet but I still want to play DiRT, WRC and F1 games on PS4.

When GT6 does close down I do wonder how many will continue offline with GT6 or opt out and go forward buying GTS with all new equipment and stuff... or how many will actually revert back to GT5, GT4, or even GT3 for offline play. I would also imagine that some will obviously opt to move on to other racing games considering GTS has moved into this new era of online only. For me GT5 version 2.11 will still be my go to for offline play as I prefer it over GT6 with all it’s “add on special abilities”, but to each his own. Probably would make a interesting poll with all these options for someone to post ?

Last edited:
With that much cash in GT6 you could probably buy every single upgrade for every car in the game and still have money left over. Not much need for credits when the game goes offline.

On a side note I just ordered an HDMI splitter so I can easily go between my PS3 and PS4 to play GT6 again. The only issue is not having the H-pattern work in GT6 when using the G29. Just not feeling any interest in GTS yet but I still want to play DiRT, WRC and F1 games on PS4.
Yeah that was the point, that I would never have to worry about credits again lol.

That's BS that the Logitech G29 shifter can't work in PS3 mode, the G29 is in essence a tweaked more expensive G27 with the buttons moved to the steering wheel and the shifter sold separately. I actually use my Logitech G27 for GT Sport via a Drive Hub converter that tricks the PS4 into thinking the G27 is a G29. Was a bit pricey though, similar price to what you can get a Thrustmaster T80 for (but the Logitech G27 is no comparison to the T80).

Well Sony have stoped making the PS3 so I wonder if sony will shut down PS3 online or will GT6 go offline before and I wonder how much longer rocstar will keep gtav on PS3.

Back